[MAC] Solaris Temple Level 2 crash bug

This exact crash happens in the arena/boss room of the Mausoleum map as well.

I don't know if the cause is the same, but the experience is the same. I've also only tried it on tier 1, so not sure if tier matters.
After trying well over a dozen times, and crashing within 30 seconds (usually much less) of entering Solaris 2, I had an idea... Solaris 2 in act 3, when it was misbehaving, totally screwed up my map display. So I tried running Solaris 2 act 8 with no map (i.e. not pressing tab, with no map overlay in the middle of the screen) and, miraculously, I made it to the end with no trouble! I tried again, with the map HUD visible, and froze almost immediately.

Unhappy ending: I wanted to try again with no map, just to replicate, and locked up before I even made it out of Solaris 1 (which I don't think had ever happened before). So my experience has been that I can sometimes get through the Solaris temple with no map, and I can never get through it with a map.

Maybe the trick is to have the map visible during Solaris 1, and hidden during Solaris 2. Or maybe the map is completely irrelevant. Hope this helps, anyway.
"
Ygorl wrote:
After trying well over a dozen times, and crashing within 30 seconds (usually much less) of entering Solaris 2, I had an idea... Solaris 2 in act 3, when it was misbehaving, totally screwed up my map display. So I tried running Solaris 2 act 8 with no map (i.e. not pressing tab, with no map overlay in the middle of the screen) and, miraculously, I made it to the end with no trouble! I tried again, with the map HUD visible, and froze almost immediately.

Unhappy ending: I wanted to try again with no map, just to replicate, and locked up before I even made it out of Solaris 1 (which I don't think had ever happened before). So my experience has been that I can sometimes get through the Solaris temple with no map, and I can never get through it with a map.

Maybe the trick is to have the map visible during Solaris 1, and hidden during Solaris 2. Or maybe the map is completely irrelevant. Hope this helps, anyway.

Yeah, I was able to get much further by closing the main map and zooming right into my character, but in act 8 I couldn't progress (i managed to get past it in act 3 somehow.
For those who are blocked by this issue and don't have access to a Windows PC, I ran Solaris 2 using Nvidia GeForce NOW free tier (you can play 1 hour).
It has a little bit of lag, but at least it won't crash.
Similar issue here. After reaching the waypoint in Solaris Temple 1, I can't really get to level 2... the game randomly hangs and eventually just either crashes or I get disconnected. I once managed to almost get to the the waypoint in level 2 (I could see it show up on the map), but then the game froze and I got disconnected again.
Pull but one thread, and the fabric of the world unravels.
I also encountered this issue in Solaris level 2.

I resolved by:

- closing all other applications
- not displaying the overlay map
- zooming fully into my character

After many attempts of loading in to the area and getting "Unexpected Disconnect", one attempt successfully loaded me in.

I also experienced a very similar lockup to this one on the Museum map when entering the Boss Arena, resolved by following the same steps as listed above.

Pure speculation: Is this a memory leak issue? Perhaps closing the other applications was unrelated, but having as little as possible going on the machine seemed to help.

Note: This is still happening as of the latest patch, I just tested & had disconnects on Solaris Level 2.
I'm having a similar issue. As soon as I enter the loading screen for Solaris Temple level 2 the game crashes. Has there been any more updates from GGG on this?
I have the same issue, but I suppose this can be replicated on any Mac client since other users have reported this problem too. Zooming in to the character, and closing the map helped me get into Temple 2 but the game kicks me out consistently.

@GGG support, is there any other workaround that can be implemented? Maybe having a waypoint directly to Temple 2 would help because it's frustrating to first have to get to Temple 2, which also sometimes results in a crash, and then after many failed attempts when one does get in, the game crashes.
Last edited by onomyst on Nov 25, 2020, 6:03:03 AM
Hey all, we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. We have identified the problem and should have a fix out soon.
"
Nav_GGG wrote:
Hey all, we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. We have identified the problem and should have a fix out soon.

Oh Brilliant, just in time for the special December events :)

Thanks GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info