Add A CoolDown for Whirling Blades in PVP

Getting tired of people constantly running away. As a caster, I find it impossible to catch a whirling blader. Especially if temporal chains is being used. The thing is, whirling blades doesnt get affected much by temp chains, so theres literally no counter.

In most other PVP games, there is indeed a cooldown on such high mobility skills. Such a fast moving skill should not have no counters/setbacks. There NEEDS to be a counter to this skill. So spammable and so fast.

Please GGG, Nerf nao!!
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
you dont think the mana drain is enough? its also a 40% efficiency skill. Have not had any trouble with it in low lvl arena but I can imagine it would be alot different with insane ele damage late game. Have u tried a mobility skill counter? Maybe use a weapon switch with a dagger and shield to whirling blades away. Or if u have enough fastcast u could lightning warp away. I dont really trust leap slams mechanics enough to suggest it.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Whirling blades damage is very low, and the player using WB is quite vulnerable between 2 casts of WB as the animation has to finish after you move. Currently you can skip the animation if you whirle into and object so you can move very fast between 2 close walls for examople, that should probably get fixed. Adding a cooldown is not appropriate in my opinion, kind of ruins the skills purpose in races and standard PvE.
Not talking about damage, I'm talking about people who use it to run
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
Tauramall.com offers own brand "Taurababe" of baby and children clothes;other brand stuff are all authoried from ganranteed factories. Here you will not be afraid of any frand brand items.
Welcome to our website to have a look,We are the professional children's website. :-)
http://www.tauramall.com/Toddler-Boy-Summer-Sport-Set-p2020.html
This is an issue with both Whirling Blades and Leapslam. Basically the ability to force a draw if you have high attack speed.

If there is ever a real pvp ladder/rewards, this will be a gigantic advantage for characters with high attack speed, as they will literally never lose a match if they run into an opponent they know is bad for them. Also, if they win the first round, they can safely force draws for the rest of the rounds and win with 1 kill.

People WILL do this if there is a real pvp ladder. And it will absolutely ruin PvP.

Oh and hilariously bow characters, which have to kite, have no ability like leapslam or whirling blades with which to do this. So archers are actually the worst kiters in the game. Casters aren't far behind because they almost never have good attack speed.

EDIT: Not complaining about certain people like Aux who leapslam away because he comes back and actually kills me. But it troubles me that someone who wasn't as good as Aux could still force a draw even if incapable of killing me.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Mar 29, 2013, 6:33:07 AM
I had a guy run constantly with whirling blades once. It was annoying but luckily he died to me at least once (twice ultimately), so I didn't mind all of the draws.

I can see how this would be a problem.
Standard Forever
Forcing draw is a problem, currently you can do it by killing yourself with caustic flasks and blood rage, but I doubt you can force a draw by spamming any mobility skill. There are traps, spells with high chance to freeze/chill, temporal chains, flicker strike, not even taking mana and mana regen into consideration to be able to spam your mobility skill the whole round.

Bow characters can use lightning warp, but I do agree they need more options. Something like the ranger introduction animation on the character screen would be nice.
"
dzordzo wrote:
Forcing draw is a problem, currently you can do it by killing yourself with caustic flasks and blood rage, but I doubt you can force a draw by spamming any mobility skill. There are traps, spells with high chance to freeze/chill, temporal chains, flicker strike, not even taking mana and mana regen into consideration to be able to spam your mobility skill the whole round.

Bow characters can use lightning warp, but I do agree they need more options. Something like the ranger introduction animation on the character screen would be nice.

Traps do nothing vs whirl and leapslam. Both of you will be chained so thats a draw. Chill is only a minor inconvenience and theyll soon be out of range or LoS and itll fall off. Nobody in serious pvp will be freezable or stunnable.

These skills are extremely mana cheap so that isn't an issue.

I've tried flicker, but it has a cooldown. I've tried multiple flicker gems, but flicker actually has a shorter range than leapslam so that didn't work either. And if you're a caster doing the chasing, you won't have time to do an actual cast after the flicker before they're off again.

Lightning warp could be good if it didn't telegraph where you were teleporting to D:
Last edited by aimlessgun on Mar 29, 2013, 6:26:22 AM
Here comes the strenght of arc - nothing helps to run away from it. But the only problem - low dps (if enemy has Fairgraves).
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info