Why are explosion chests "so good"?

It's only 3% of max hp as damage . Ex.You kill a pack of 10 mobs,it only damaged 30%hp of the last mob .People 1 hit packs of mobs anyway.it isn't like the glove enchantment which kind of gives u half ancestral call.neither it's good damage compared to the Base crit increase chest mod .It's very low compared to the gladiator ascendancy and inpulsa. Why do people value explosion chests so much? Even go far as to say "The build would be shit without the explosion chest" .I don't mean this post in a negative way. This is just something that annoys me . I'm just asking a question. Edit: 1st guy explained it ,ignore this post
Last edited by nmi016 on Aug 6, 2020, 10:58:27 AM
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2020, 6:05:27 PM
I meant crit not criteria . (Because of autocorrect)
The explosion mod is insanely good because it adds a lot of additional damage and aoe to your build even if you have limited aoe. It is also fully scalable with crit or you can convert it to 100% elemental damage which allows for interactions with a lot of different modifiers.

You can scale it's damage to a point at which killing a single white monster clears the entire screen.
There are only very few comparable mods that add that much power to a build.
Oh,didn't know it's effected by crit and %damage bonuses. So that's why.
1 - It get rid of corpses, so no Detonate Dead danger
2 - clearspeed
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
it isnt. people are sheep
"
Thror2k5 wrote:

No they aren't, corpse destruction is practically mandatory the way we play the game now and its free clear for potato builds or general damage scalers.

You can get the effect somewhere else obviously but the baran version has the least activation criteria

Also its opportunity cost is fuck all, especially this league.
"
Thror2k5 wrote:

I agree that they are not so good, but you can't deny the corpse consumption that prevent DD. That is priceless.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
nmi016 wrote:
Oh,didn't know it's effected by crit and %damage bonuses. So that's why.

It is worth noting that it has a base crit chance of 0% and is not affected by modifiers to crit that specifically affect attacks or spells. It can still be scaled with crit if you have sources of generic flat crit like the Assassin's Deadly Infusion, Bottled Faith, or Kalisa's Grace to name a few.

However, if you scale physical and area damage or convert physical damage to elemental damage, it will scale with the modifiers to those kinds of damage.
It really shouldn't be worth much if it has a base crit chance of 0. It's worth more than 5ex in standard even without good hp rolls and without %hp and resists

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info