[3.13] Phoenixscales Cold BV Inquisitor - All Content ready - including Video Showcase/Guide!

Is the staff base with block mandatory or the crit one will do ok? I guess block gets reduced quite a bit but other than that? As i bought crit staff and feel that it might have been a mistake of i die too much :D
Last edited by Flampera on Jan 31, 2021, 4:23:39 PM
The Block Staff is not mandatory. We're overcapping a bit anyway, so it hurts the overall block chance just a bit. Running a Rumis now gives full Glancing Blows Block, which is a better option for tankiness now.
"
Saevarna wrote:
The Block Staff is not mandatory. We're overcapping a bit anyway, so it hurts the overall block chance just a bit. Running a Rumis now gives full Glancing Blows Block, which is a better option for tankiness now.

Great to hear :D now need to stack up harvest crafts then to finish the staff and do the chest :D
Do you think astral plate is better or vaal regalia for more es?
Last edited by Flampera on Feb 1, 2021, 3:42:05 AM
The choice of chest is up to you. The Vaal Regalia only gives around 250 ES flat, which we don't really scale well. There is the option of skilling a bit different and going to the Witch's Area Life/ES Nodes, which increase both pools simultaneously, but that actually loses quite a bit of damage for not that big of an increase. On top of that you need Int on your Amulet to have the 180 Int requirement for the Regalia.
I personally think that going for the Astral Plate gives much more flexibility with Elemental Resists. The build, fully minmaxed, doesn't need those 12%, but until then its a long way and it's very worth opting for the Astral, also for a bit of flat armour.
On a sidenote: I think the Astral Plate looks far better on a tankier character than the weird Vaal Regalia (if you have no Armour MTX).
Last edited by Saevarna on Feb 1, 2021, 5:09:20 AM
EDIT: Its come to my attention you cannot Harvest augment elements anymore. RIP this guide. SOrry!

FYI was fucking around and its totally possible to still get 50% conversion gloves in a very deteministic manner. Its just very expensive if you are unlucky.

Step 1: Get Base with Temple Mod. Hopefully one thats easy to clean up.
Step 2: Clean it down to temple mod and 2 suffix OR Temple Mod + Cold Resist+1 more suffix. Hopefully this suffix is an easy clean, but if not no biggie. We just want to fill the suffix slots.
Step 3: Craft No Attack Mods
Step 4: Augment Cold to Get Cold Resistance if its not already on the gloves.
Step 5: Slam Crusader and hope you get the 25% conversion already, if not thats okay the rest are an easy remove.
Step 5.5: Remove extra crusader mod if its not 25%. The ONLY ONE THAT CANNOT be removed is +Maximum Cold Resist, but thats ok if its on there.
Step 6: If it is maximum cold resist, simply augment cold for the conversion.

Here is where it gets expensive.

Step 7: If conversion is T2, and you do not have Maximum Cold Resist mod then augment cold again and it will always hit it. Now we have to use a Mavens orb. If it eats the Resist it will bump the T2 Conversion up to T1. Yay!

If it hits the Conversion we aug cold again and get conversion. This can be repeated indefinitely until we have T1 or even Elevated Conversion mod if we want.

Viola. 50% conversion gloves on any Temple base.

After that its just a matter of cleaning the suffixes, augmenting life, augmenting resists, etc...
Last edited by onigokko0101 on Feb 1, 2021, 4:43:38 PM
Thanks for going all the way for this. May I post this into the crafting section?
P.S. It's Voila, a french exclamation :)
"
Saevarna wrote:
The choice of chest is up to you. The Vaal Regalia only gives around 250 ES flat, which we don't really scale well. There is the option of skilling a bit different and going to the Witch's Area Life/ES Nodes, which increase both pools simultaneously, but that actually loses quite a bit of damage for not that big of an increase. On top of that you need Int on your Amulet to have the 180 Int requirement for the Regalia.
I personally think that going for the Astral Plate gives much more flexibility with Elemental Resists. The build, fully minmaxed, doesn't need those 12%, but until then its a long way and it's very worth opting for the Astral, also for a bit of flat armour.
On a sidenote: I think the Astral Plate looks far better on a tankier character than the weird Vaal Regalia (if you have no Armour MTX).

Thanks for your replies! Can't wait to get the char to maps, shame do not have much time :D Will go for the astral then and try to at least get explody mod for the begining after I am out of dept from buying the staff base :D
You know, I actually knew it was Viola, but for some reason my brain went farty. Feel free to post it for sure!
The explodey chest is easy to roll with harvest physical crafts. All you need is to roll Reforge with Physical modifiers being more common, until you hit both phys reflect and phys taken as lightning, and then use remove non-physical add physical and you will be guaranteed to hit the explosion mod. If you have no other mods, craft with the bench anything really.
On a side note have you noticed 100% crit is way easier to get with the new node. We lost the multi but I am sitting at 100% chance to crit right now without even counting Power Charges OR a diamond flask..

I do have the watchers eye crit on conc ground, and the GG endgame chest but damn if 100% crit wasnt easy to get

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info