3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! RF HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

I love you builds and love your item filters. It has helped me enjoy the game so much more. May I please ask for direction to an easy bow build?
"
Spoiler
I hope all is well StandardFiend! It's hard going through an evacuation.

Many thanks, Wrecker! I appreciate it. Thankfully, no harm was done and although they are still working on the fire, my community seems to be out of danger for the time being.

Taking a break from PC PoE, I've been doing a "lore-through" on the PS4 edition (naturally building this RF guy again lol). Man oh man, I don't know how you do it, Wrecker. The PS4 edition is borderline unplayable... It crashed every. Single. Time. I play. Without fail. And picking up items is an absolute nightmare.

And yet I still bought PS4 stash tabs this weekend...

Anyway, I've been sticking to your setup 100% this time, using Cyclone and all that. Haven't put in Inspiration yet, because I'm lacking a good Unset ring for my movement skill, but other than that. And overall I see the downsides of my chosen path on my PC guy more clearly now, and I may be tempted to switch over. I just love my Shaper Kamehameha SR so much haha
Meh... ever since I'm doing red maps, I keep dying A LOT.

And I literally couldn't win a single Blight encounter out of the last 10, I die every single time. Even if I don't lag, the lanes just do so much damage that even with my health flasks I simply can't keep up.

And I do watch map mods. :(
Lv 92, 5800k HP, trying Sirus for the first time. Lost at the last sequence where all the laser thing compiling around the screen. Back to red mapping then..
Last edited by Hansen_Haryono on Sep 1, 2020, 10:20:42 AM
Id been wanting to play a Rf build so I rerolled a standard jugg to test it out. Levl 77 and Im only in t7 maps with 1 jewel socketed and was doing fine. Then I went into Droxs area with 2 sockets and I cannot kill him- i died about 5 times before I gave up. So Im going to level up a bit more and see how it goes. Im guessing my issue is level 14 vaal rf - my character is named diewithyourbootzon - I cant figure out how to post items on phone. If any 1 can give me a look over and see if Im way off base that would be great...

In game since Minotaur League..
Last edited by Hellzwraith on Sep 1, 2020, 4:21:38 PM
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Id been wanting to play a Rf build so I rerolled a standard jugg to test it out. Levl 77 and Im only in t7 maps with 1 jewel socketed and was doing fine. Then I went into Droxs area with 2 sockets and I cannot kill him- i died about 5 times before I gave up. So Im going to level up a bit more and see how it goes. Im guessing my issue is level 14 vaal rf - my character is named diewithyourbootzon - I cant figure out how to post items on phone. If any 1 can give me a look over and see if Im way off base that would be great...

I'm sure Wrecker will be able to give much better advise but quickly looking at your char, it's like you only have half of the build and the other half is... random? You are missing many important synergies. Did you read the build guide entirely?

- You went with the wrong ascendancy... this build needs Chieftain, not Juggernaut. So you have no access to some important ascendancy traits.
- Why is your RF in the helmet? That Burning damage it gives is significantly less damage than having it in the 5L chest with the proper gems. Your current chest gems are simply wasting that 5L.
- The Inspiration support currently does nothing, because for that to work with RF you need to also have a skill that hits linked with Inspiration - in the default built that's Cyclone. Replace Decay with Inspiration in the Cyclone link.
- You have have almost no any damage bonus on your gear that applies RF, except that on the scepter and the burn dmg on the helmet.
- That scepter seems useless to this build other than the 32% ele dmg. Get an Opal or Void with 40% elemental damage implicit and craft it to have any of the other damage bonuses that does affect RF.
- The regen from the gloves is nice but not very strong, and the boots and belt are of little use to you. Replace these with rares that have relevant stats.
- That Call to Arms passive looks like a waste of 2 skill points.
- If you want more damage replace the Enfeeble curse with Flammability.
Yea I dont have a chieftain I can reroll so I just went with Jugg because I prefer the tankiness they give. I was using this build as a molten build in HC so I still need to customize it quite a lot. I did read the guide but I was trying to wing it with items I have atm - only 30C in my bank - maybe I can sell some stuff to get better things...
Chieftain is, I would say, a very important part of the build. It grants a lot of life regen and synergizes with Enduring Cry. Not to mention it takes care of all your Fire Resist, but that's something you can at least make up with gear.

So being a Big Jugg will definitely impact your ability to use this build to its full effectiveness, but it looks like you've revamped your gear and gems to be more in line with the build, so I think you'll have much greater success now.

Just a couple additional notes:

You're running Chaos Golem in one of your CwDT setups in place of Combustion. You really don't want to be swapping golems randomly, as Stone Golem provides a needed regen boost.

Second, Flammability instead of Enfeeble will probably work better. Since you are a Jugg, the extra defense from Enfeeble is probably less effective than the extra damage.

Last, consider looking for a nice Tower Shield with more life and stuff. I've found that the Rise of the Phoenix, while certainly nice early on for getting RF up and running, becomes pretty much redundant once all your other geese are hatched.
Haha yea I changed up some stuff finally - I was making it my own and running an ANimae Stone for 2 golems - but Ive since replaced that and using only stone golem now. I swapped out the Phoenix for a Lioneyes, changed my boots to some rare two-toned ones, and changed all gems to ones in the guide. About to give Drox another go on 2 stones on the Atlas and see how I fair. I actually usually only play HC so thats why I play more defensive..
I should also like to point out that Call to Arms is decidedly NOT a waste of two passive points. Being able to instantly refill your health without breaking stride with Cyclone or whatever else is very good.

It is by no means necessary, hence why Wrecker didn't put it in the build, but it is a very nice QoL thing to have if you like it.

The cluster jewel socket is entirely useless until you find an appropriate jewel to put there, and I can think of far worse things to do with those points than get Call to Arms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info