Preview of Rebalanced Unique Items in Path of Exile: Harvest

"
Xzarg wrote:
Buffed Brain Rattler? Hell Yes!!!
I remember the first time it dropped for me, and I was so excited that I got a unique drop from a terrifying boss monster. And how disappointed I was when I compared it to cheaper alternatives that could easily outperform it.

Just be careful what you're reading. GGG posted about all the positive changes to this item, and casually failed to mention that they have also nerfed the flat Physical damage range for it.

It might still be viable with the two hand reworks going on at the same time, but I'm a lot more cautious about it now.
"
Astroknight wrote:
This is great.
Molten strike users complaining and being the majority of the posts mean the skill needed some adjustment in one way or another (that's a good thing.)
Thanks GGG
Hyped to see more stuff!

Why is it a good thing ? I thought MS is alive in delirium but now they just "rework" a.k.a nerf MS single target again
"
"
Astroknight wrote:
This is great.
Molten strike users complaining and being the majority of the posts mean the skill needed some adjustment in one way or another (that's a good thing.)
Thanks GGG
Hyped to see more stuff!

Why is it a good thing ? I thought MS is alive in delirium but now they just "rework" a.k.a nerf MS single target again

Molten Strike has been so overused and overpowered for a handful of leagues. It's been gutted like what....one league?
It's still good. And the fact that a massive part of the community relies on it shows how unbalanced it still can be. LMao.
No different than poets.
Last edited by Astroknight on Jun 8, 2020, 10:42:47 PM
"
"
Xzarg wrote:
Buffed Brain Rattler? Hell Yes!!!
I remember the first time it dropped for me, and I was so excited that I got a unique drop from a terrifying boss monster. And how disappointed I was when I compared it to cheaper alternatives that could easily outperform it.

Just be careful what you're reading. GGG posted about all the positive changes to this item, and casually failed to mention that they have also nerfed the flat Physical damage range for it.

It might still be viable with the two hand reworks going on at the same time, but I'm a lot more cautious about it now.

brain rattler was probably better before this change. the damage nerf is very significant, and i don't think this shock effect will make up for it. supremely disappointed as i was planning on making a build with it in 3.11, but not anymore

"
Astroknight wrote:
"
"
Astroknight wrote:
This is great.
Thanks GGG
Hyped to see more stuff!

Molten Strike has been so overused and overpowered for a handful of leagues. It's been gutted like what....one league?
It's still good. And the fact that a massive part of the community relies on it shows how unbalanced it still can be. LMao.
No different than poets.

molten strike was amazing, by far the most OP melee skill for years but nobody used it. then delve hit and people starting using it, mostly because of its interaction with LGoH or ES on hit, and then the masses saw how strong it was.
so it was cut down to insignificance.
and now with another wildfire nerf....depending on how they change the skill itself, i imagine its on life support
Cautionary Tale:

GGG #1: Molten Stroke MTX sales quota has been met
GGG #2: Go ahead guys completely destroy it this time, never to be used again
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked
/sigh Wildfire.

I wish GGG would remember to account for the opportunity cost of their neat 'trade off' uniques. Like the chain behavior for 50% less projectiles would be a totally fair and cool trade-off if it was just a decision you could somehow make.... but it isn't. If the benefits of the jewel counterbalance the drawbacks of the jewel, you are still left with the net loss of a jewel socket!!!

This could easily be fixed by just giving the jewel stats equal to a decent rare jewel. Give it 5-7% increased max life and 2-4% increased attack speed for example.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Jun 8, 2020, 11:36:16 PM
that uul axe and that shield, POG
The effect of removing all these items would have been more positive than this. Wasted effort.
Last edited by basta1982 on Jun 8, 2020, 11:55:34 PM
Can we get a feature, like the item filter?

Instead of hiding all the dumpster items (including the 50 new reworked ones) with the item filter, can we add them to a filter so they automatically drop as currency, equal to what they'd be worth at the vendor??

I feel this way we'll appreciate the weight and value of the items far far more than just filtering them and never seeing them drop... ever.
Overall meh, seems like they still forget we need life in this game. Brain rattler will see some use for sure though with the coming patch.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info