-

Can Master Alchemist be switched for Toxicist? Seems like it gives a ton more damage and the only downside is that need to find a place for freeze immunity on one of the flasks? Or is it not worth it?
Also, what are your thoughts on the alternate quality gems, any of them worth picking/experimenting with?
"
Kuffy wrote:
Can Master Alchemist be switched for Toxicist? Seems like it gives a ton more damage and the only downside is that need to find a place for freeze immunity on one of the flasks? Or is it not worth it?
Also, what are your thoughts on the alternate quality gems, any of them worth picking/experimenting with?

Ever since Delirium, there are more scary elemental ailments than just freeze. Endgame ignites and shocks can be nasty, as well as the brittle/sap/scorch trio you can roll in Simulacrum. If you don't plan on doing that kind of content, then sure go ahead and switch it. Personally, I wouldn't.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
"
Kuffy wrote:
I would respec out of master alchemist late game and craft ailment immunity on gear instead (maybe with help of elegant form small cluster), it's very convenient but a bit cumbersome to fit on the gear while you're still swapping pieces around.
Thanks for the feedbacks, I'll definitely play this build in this league, I guess I'll see which version feels better or have gear for once I get to higher levels.
Good night your pastebin in PoB, version: 1.4.170.9 does not enter and the following message appears "Could not resolve hostname" can you help me?
What's your opinion on pinpoint support? Won't it be really good for single target?

Edit: I have been informed I am stupid, as this support gem only works with spells. Ignore me.
Last edited by Iriju on Sep 17, 2020, 9:04:40 PM
why no dying sun as flask?
IGN: Kitaen
"
ScorpionRV wrote:
Good night your pastebin in PoB, version: 1.4.170.9 does not enter and the following message appears "Could not resolve hostname" can you help me?

Not too sure but sounds like an internet connection issues to me.

"
Kitaen wrote:
why no dying sun as flask?

Added proj is not that great as it does not increase our dps if we do not have sufficient AoE. On top of that, the AoE given by dying sun is not a lot to cover the overlap
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Thoughts on these alt gems?

Added Chaos Damage Support
Alternate Quality 1: Supported Skills Penetrate 5% Chaos Resistance
Would this apply only to the TR initial "hit"?

Efficacy Support
Default: Supported Skills deal 10% increased Damage over Time
Alternate Quality 1: Supported Skills have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration
Would the Skill Effect Duration be better than the Default?
"
Dr_ick wrote:
Thoughts on these alt gems?

Added Chaos Damage Support
Alternate Quality 1: Supported Skills Penetrate 5% Chaos Resistance
Would this apply only to the TR initial "hit"?

Efficacy Support
Default: Supported Skills deal 10% increased Damage over Time
Alternate Quality 1: Supported Skills have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration
Would the Skill Effect Duration be better than the Default?
Added chaos damage support is useless for this build as it only effects the “attack” portion (arrow hits), while doing nothing for the DoT.

And yes, +duration > +increased DoT.

The only thing better than duration is DoT Multi.

The scaling goes DoT Multi > Duration > Atk Speed > increased DoT/Chaos/Projectile/Damage.

The only other scaling consideration is +AoE, but that one is off on its own because it depends on Radius breakpoints in relation to number of arrows you can fire. If you only have the default 5 arrows, you want to reach 25 radius as a priority. 6 arrows means you strive for 30 radius. 7 arrows... 35 radius.

And basically, if you’re near a breakpoint, I’d prioritize +AoE over all but DoT Multi. But if you’re at 25 radius with no hope of reaching 30, there’s zero reason to invest in more +AoE. Or if you’re at 30 with no hope to reach 35, same thing. Concentrate elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info