[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

I love this build!
But leveling in league start conditions I feel a bit squishy.
I wanted to ask your opinion to see if you could recommend what I could change to make it feel a little better at league start?
Thank you!

Planning to League Start with this for Ultimatum!
"
did you guys see that there are a bunch of interesting skill gems related to low life for 3.14? They were announced today as part of the reveal for 3.14.

I am unsure yet whether they will works with the Cowards Legacy belt but if they do we have some interesting options to consider.

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
The only gems that we might be able to use are "Petrified Blood" (35% Aura, 50% life, damage for below 50% life is spread out over time, life above 50% only recoverable by flask) and "Corrupting Fever' (consume life to cause hits hits to apply Corrupted Blood which stacks with each hit). I don't think we have space for the aura. Maybe corrupting fever if the damage is better than a current support gem, but we dont scale dot damage so I doubt it.

The league mechanics (keep risking current rewards for harder challenge/better rewards) makes me want to league start with this build, the tankiest I ever played.

EDIT: The one thing petrified blood allows us to do is to hit low life status (now threshold is 50%) without all the rings with reduced curse effect, coward legacy, watcher eye. Is that worth losing discipline as an aura, or less eHP? Possibly! Having this pseudo low life means you can have a life flask that heals instantly (Panicked), but that would negative your low life status. We would also need much better chaos resist, max if possible.

I don't personally think any of the new gems will benefit the build much.
Perhaps like Chubby said, the Petrified Blood one, but that means sacrificing one of the other aura's...
I do like the look of the new skills though, gives some nice new options to play the game ^^
"
Eliteaqua10 wrote:
I love this build!
But leveling in league start conditions I feel a bit squishy.
I wanted to ask your opinion to see if you could recommend what I could change to make it feel a little better at league start?
Thank you!

Planning to League Start with this for Ultimatum!

I've noticed that for early game, life regens seems the biggest problem.
So I would recommend using Vitality as an aura early on (instead of Discipline) and level it as high as your mana pool allows you to.
Once your gear is decent enough to the point where you get a nice ES pool on top of your life, then switch Vitality out to Discipline.
Before you get Aegis Aurora and enough base armor for Determination aura to scale off of, you can also use flesh/stone (25%) and maybe even arctic armor (25%) instead.
So for my league start planning I looked at the price of items a week after league start, and Cerberus Limb is like 2C for 3.13 Ritual lead. Now in 3.14 they are adding league specific drops to normal loot drop table, but I read on reddit league specific boss drops are not added.

According to POE wiki, cerberus is from a delve city boss. I don't know if the delve nerf/buffs will impact the availability of this item. Thoughts?
flesh and stone is now 35% not 25%
Yup, posted that before the manifesto came out.

So, has there been a verdict on if inquisitor or elementalist is better for this build?

Elementalist: The big pros for me are the golem buffs (especially if you get a primordial chain/anima stone) and ailment immunity. With Golem buff and Heart of Destruction, cast speed and AOE are huge to incinerate feeling good.

It also irks me that Instrument of Virtue adds so little damage in POB (like 1.5%?), maybe Righteous Providence is a better choice to have more consistent uptime on elemental overload.
Would the PoB for using Elementalist instead more or less be the same as the current one, just with the starter points moved over to Witch?

It feels like adding the Golem side of things would make the build even tankier than it already is.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Yup, posted that before the manifesto came out.

So, has there been a verdict on if inquisitor or elementalist is better for this build?

Elementalist: The big pros for me are the golem buffs (especially if you get a primordial chain/anima stone) and ailment immunity. With Golem buff and Heart of Destruction, cast speed and AOE are huge to incinerate feeling good.

It also irks me that Instrument of Virtue adds so little damage in POB (like 1.5%?), maybe Righteous Providence is a better choice to have more consistent uptime on elemental overload.

I did not use the Golems in Elementalist but it overall felt better to me than Inquisitor. All I missed from Inquisitor was elemental immunity but in trade I gained almost 3 times as much DPS.
"
Gilderoy wrote:
Would the PoB for using Elementalist instead more or less be the same as the current one, just with the starter points moved over to Witch?

It feels like adding the Golem side of things would make the build even tankier than it already is.

yes, the tree is identical.

I may try the Golems this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info