Getting Started with Heraldry Guardian under 30ex

Hi,
stupid question maybe ... but how to make EK flie in 360 degree around us ( what i see in vids ) ?

My does just fly in front of me o.O ( my gear in in progress yet, do not look at it, but i linked all 6 gems ( leaving out cold pen ) described on post #1 :)
"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi,
stupid question maybe ... but how to make EK flie in 360 degree around us ( what i see in vids ) ?

My does just fly in front of me o.O ( my gear in in progress yet, do not look at it, but i linked all 6 gems ( leaving out cold pen ) described on post #1 :)

Seem to be missing from the guide, but you need the Ring of Blades jewel, socket it near the Charisma node
"
woefulwabbit wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi,

Seem to be missing from the guide, but you need the Ring of Blades jewel, socket it near the Charisma node

Aaaah :D

Thank you :)

One little additional question as i am currently "gearing up".

I just have 3K ES with equipped shavronnes and all the basic stuff mentioned, isn´t that really low ( discipline level 20 active in alpha howl, so level 22 ) ?
"
I just have 3K ES with equipped shavronnes and all the basic stuff mentioned, isn´t that really low ( discipline level 20 active in alpha howl, so level 22 ) ?

Are you sure you have all your clusters "turned on" in PoB? (if that's where you're seeing it)

Or did you happen to check in town, where Disc is off?

With the base build at your level it will be around 5k.
Just want to make sure I am interpreting the guide correctly when it comes to reduced mana reserved jewels. How many do we need before swapping out heraldry jewels?

Also, are we swapping purposeful harbinger/heraldry jewels for the Non-Curse Aura clusters with purposeful harbinger/replenishing presence notables? How many of the Non-Curse Aura clusters do we typically want?
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
Just want to make sure I am interpreting the guide correctly when it comes to reduced mana reserved jewels. How many do we need before swapping out heraldry jewels?

Also, are we swapping purposeful harbinger/heraldry jewels for the Non-Curse Aura clusters with purposeful harbinger/replenishing presence notables? How many of the Non-Curse Aura clusters do we typically want?

I would recommend testing out the mana reservations in PoB before you swap out heraldry notables as the number of mana reservation jewels varies from setup to setup. I would only recommend purposeful harbinger/replenishing presence clusters for quality of life and comfort, without them the ES regen is fine. I ended up picking up one of them for the regen, even though I didn't really require it. I would think that any more than one on a guardian is probably way overkill. The more preferable alternative is to swap heraldry for endbringer notables when you are able to for more damage.
"
How is the belt supposed to work? I'm not getting it.

With a 29/22 bated breath, sitting at 7051 ES and 1771 ES recharge.

I tried this thing with a 8% ES and +8 int jewel in it, and I ended up with only: 7120 ES and 1788 ES recharge.

Is 70 ES really worth the upgrade? You might say ya but you got an extra damage stat + corruption from belt jewel, but I also lost 10% dmg from bated, so really I only gained the corruption.

Is the rare belt only an upgrade with a near perfect 15ex+ one then? or somehow getting a bunch of str on it so you don't need any on jewels to remove the +30 node or get any on rings? or if desperate for a mana reserve jewel slot?

I went more for utility on my rare belt than just ES. Belt slot is one of the few places available to pick up chaos resistance, which is very important since the build does not using presence of chayula. Reaching positive chaos resistance and even overcapping it with atziri's promise flask is a massive survivability upgrade. Picking up strength here also allows you to save a passive point on the +30 str passive and eventually swap out the str/int split personality for an int/es split personality.
Okay, at the moment with 4900 ES i do not understand exactly, how this build is to be considered special tanky or something, also died on wave 16 by normal mobs ...

90 res light / fire / cold, flasks up, the basic jewels in place, but oneshot by cosis in wave 17 simulacrum.

So i guess i have to get beyond 6K ES until this starts to feel more like the "tanky, immortal" build everyone talks about? Or what is the trick ? :(

I have everything set up i guess for the "basic setup" for like 40Ex now,
but i currently really doubt to put my other 40 Ex into it, as at least for simulacrum at this stage it sucks.

Delve citys worked quite well at monsterlevel 83 though ... any tips, maybe i do something completely wrong?

level 90 now btw, trying to level up with simulacrums lol ... but this does not work obviously as the build can not handle it.
Last edited by bex_HB on May 24, 2020, 8:30:43 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
Okay, at the moment with 5k ES i do not understand exactly, how this build is to be considered special tanky or something, also died on wave 16 by normal mobs ...

90 res light / fire / cold, flasks up, the basic jewels in place, but oneshot by cosis in wave 17 simulacrum.

So i guess i have to get beyond 6K ES until this starts to feel more like the "tanky, immortal" build everyone talks about? Or what is the trick ? :(

The baseline of the build will feel good to play, but it certainly is not the immortal one-shotting monster that everyone hypes up herald stacking to be. You will be able to tank and survive many things, but do not expect to be able to facetank everything. Getting more ES will greatly improve your survivability.

One thing to note is that kosis deals a lot of chaos damage, as well as there being waves in simulacrum that grant mobs %phys as extra chaos damage along with %chaos penetration, and chaos damage is the glaring weakness of this build until you get some chaos resistance on your gear/jewels. So, expect to play carefully when you see kosis or have a simulacrum wave spawn with the above mentioned mods.
"
notgud wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
Okay, at the moment with 5k ES i do not understand exactly, how this build is to be considered special tanky or something, also died on wave 16 by normal mobs ...

The baseline of the build will feel good to play, but it certainly is not the immortal one-shotting monster that everyone hypes up herald stacking to be. You will be able to tank and survive many things, but do not expect to be able to facetank everything. Getting more ES will greatly improve your survivability.

One thing to note is that kosis deals a lot of chaos damage, as well as there being waves in simulacrum that grant mobs %phys as extra chaos damage along with %chaos penetration, and chaos damage is the glaring weakness of this build until you get some chaos resistance on your gear/jewels. So, expect to play carefully when you see kosis or have a simulacrum wave spawn with the above mentioned mods.

Ok, i see :)

I ended up doing Kosis etc. on higher waves with my 88% chaos res golemancer, worked fine.

On this build meanwhile i pumped everything up, also i managed to get the last herald ( fire ) into the gem setup - with some rare jewels now at 5900 ES, so like 1k more, also dps upped well.

So i will see, time to go from 91 to 95 now for some more points and some more 8% ES jewels, this should end up at 6300 ES with 2 more.

Kind of sad i can not run Haste but i do not see how, i have just 84life and 145 mana unreserved left.

Just a little "mad" now realizing i do not have the enchantment for %ES on my amu at my crafting bench - i guess this would push me already over 6K ES at this point.

Question :
what is the point having the "-reservation" of herald of ice on the helmet when we have it connected with blood magic?
Okay ... less life reserved i guess, but this means basically we need to have "haste" connected to blood magic as well, right? ( assuming the goal of this enchant is primarily of beeing able to use haste on top of all other stuff - for me only haste now is not active, everything else fits well ).
Last edited by bex_HB on May 24, 2020, 4:25:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info