Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

Yeah a couple times this league I would defeat a boss and it would DC me and I would have to start all over. For instance, when beating Kitava at the end of act 5 and then I talked to sail back to Lionseye Watch and it DC'd me. The other time was random.

Also, I think you broke trading because it still fucking sucks to trade anything. Please come up with an alternate option. More happy players = more purchases of your expensive mtx!
Very nice! The DD and on-death stuff is such a testy subject for people..I agree that it needs to be there for some builds to not make the content trivial, but it's also very hurtful for other builds out there. I would like to see you guys come up with a better way to put the OP builds in check and not rely so much on the on-death mechs. I've been enjoying it so far, though. Keep up the good work!
regal and chaos recipe league

my stash tabs are full of trash rare items
"
Tek101 wrote:
mmmmmm if this was any other company they would be like LUL....but GGG is SS Tier :-D

Ya trust me, I know this personally. I posted a hype thread for Wolcen, and so many people were hating on the such bad release it had. I mean whats the difference between Wolcen's FIRST game release with less than 40 people and what's going on right now with this game and Dev team? No point saying who is worse, both seem to have equally bad things going on with either game but different issues and some being the same exact issue.

I know already, POE is free and Wolcen is $40 blah pointless discussion because that's the stance people seem to have to excuse everything.
"
sym wrote:
are you fucking serious?

"
The monster damage bonus scales up to 30% increased at absolute most.

30% extra on a hit that would already one-shot you still one-shots you. do you understand?

"
We are reviewing all of the Delirium monsters and skills to find any that are overtuned and will be making adjustments to any that might be dealing disproportionate damage.

try doing this BEFORE the league comes out

"
(At the time of publishing, we just found an issue where in many areas, Delirium monsters and spawners do not appear when extremely deep in the mist).

how could this possibly get by your """"""tests""""""?

"
Currently, there's a random chance for individual Delirium monsters to have mods that cause On-Death effects.

do you know why random instances of on-death effects works in cases like bearers or volatiles? because you actually have time and visual clarity to tell what the fuck is going on. in delirium you basically can't stop moving, you have 0 time to read the mods on the monsters, and when the """effect animations""" play you can't fucking see shit, UNLIKE bearers or volatiles.
BRIGHT BLUE CIRCLES WITH PULSATING ORBS IN THE CENTER = DEATH
GIANT FLOATING LAVA BALL HEADED STRAIGHT AT YOU = AVOID
there's nothing like this in delirium, there's just grey/white shit, covered up by fog, and then you die if you stop for a second near any mobs

"
it's because they are a viable way of making monsters that are killed instantly have an effect on players, and they aren't trivialised by clear-speed.

so you designed a league mechanic that is squarely focused on how fast you can clear maps to the point that you cannot fucking stop moving at any point, and then you say this shit which makes it seem like you have an issue with clear speed 'trivializing' the game? which is it- do you want people clearing fast or not?

"
Delirium increases the difficulty and reward of all other Path of Exile content.

no, it doesn't. nothing about this is difficult other than attempting to avoid the nearly invisible particle effects that signal something that will instantly kill my character. that's called tedium, to the point that i've started skipping delirium encounters entirely when they don't offer me maps or currency as a reward. and when i don't skip it, i'm basically rolling the dice with my character's experience bar.

this is fucking bullshit and you know it

You should stop playing it. That may help allot.
"For those interested in why we use On-Death effects in content like this, it's because they are a viable way of making monsters that are killed instantly have an effect on players, and they aren't trivialised by clear-speed. Few to no other mods we can put on these monsters make any difference normally because they are eradicated by powerful builds in seconds. We're going to be toning these down, either way."

I'm sorry - but are you telling me that on-death effects is the band aid fix for clear speed meta?? the rest of the players suffer for this "fix". Even non-clear speed build gets hit by this... It's so frustrating to die in HC and SC(when pushing level) with these on death effects. come on...
"
Currently, there's a random chance for individual Delirium monsters to have mods that cause On-Death effects.
ggg: Currently set at 100%

"
For those interested in why we use On-Death effects in content like this, it's because they are a viable way of making monsters that are killed instantly have an effect on players, and they aren't trivialised by clear-speed.
ggg: Because we haven't figured out increasing the HP of mobs does the same thing, so we gimped it, this is the way

"
Because the distance from the start of the encounter matters quite a lot for both the relative difficulty of the monsters
Player: I went with a staff build, NEVER AGAIN. They are slow and tedious and no wonder no ones plays them. Just don't fuck it up any more with whatever it is your planning to 'fix'
GG to GGG, on all things except visibility. Don't cave on this one. The fog makes it feel like a bloody fog. If people want to play an even more colourfully vivid game (as if their rainbow filters are not enough) they can go play D3. The theme and look is awesome, and the shadowy effect of monsters and effects is awesome. And if anyone bothers you can learn to pin point on death skills from enemies, and other one shot attacks. But I guess that takes more time than just jumping online right away to complain about it, smeh.

Awesome league, keep up the great work.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Mar 16, 2020, 9:47:15 PM
"
During our internal testing before release, we increased the length of time that Delirium encounters last so that players have extra time to pick up items as they go. Item filters help alert you to which items are important to grab, and we did intentionally compensate with extra time for you to do so.

The issue is that you can't just go and loot stuff because you get exploded by on-death effects, debuffs and homing exploding crap.

To go back and loot is to wait around 5 seconds to make sure everything has stopped exploding for a second so you can grab that one item and then move on.

It's not "Oh an item dropped and I want to loot it but I need that 0.5s more to push the delirium bar".

It's "Oh an item dropped but I don't want to insta-die to some random crap that I can't see so every time I want to loot I have to wait 3-5 seconds."

That's why people are complaining about that, and they've been pretty clear on this, and I am disappointed you guys chose to completely ignore that.
This is what happens when GGG mainly listens to redditors, that community downvotes much of what is considered dogcrap by the majority of players and only represents the yes-men and fanbois of GGG.

There are some exceptions to this like when popular streamers get critical of POE but i agree with most other posters here, GGG doesn't play their game and they don't understand their existing player base (maybe they want us all to go away and make room for a different type of player)
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info