3.10|Stress-Free PoE| ENDURING FIRE (RF) |Use Any Items U Want|1 Button Play|Easily Customizable SSF

"
snirky2 wrote:

Hello. While it is ok to use that 6-link with cwdt(lvl 2), you will need to keep summon stone golem at level 4 and molten shell at lvl 11 as the cwdt will only support up to lvl 40 gems.

Oh crap - thanks for the info! I'm going to have to use some scours then! Much appreciated! :)
"
PoE_Krythos wrote:
"
snirky2 wrote:

Hello. While it is ok to use that 6-link with cwdt(lvl 2), you will need to keep summon stone golem at level 4 and molten shell at lvl 11 as the cwdt will only support up to lvl 40 gems.

Oh crap - thanks for the info! I'm going to have to use some scours then! Much appreciated! :)

Actually, I'm using this staff for my CWDT:
which gives +1 to fire gems and +1 to cold gems - so will my Purifying Flame, Combustion and Frost Bomb all have to be one level less in order to work with CWDT ? :(

Also, are there disadvantages to leveling CWDT to higher levels?
Last edited by PoE_Krythos on Jun 10, 2020, 8:48:32 AM
"
snirky2 wrote:
Just a question regarding gearing. All of my gear are ES gear which help boosts my RF somewhat but should I still take Soul of Steel and Juggernaut? I'm planning to drop Jugg for a Jewel Socket as I want to try using a jewel with phasing on kill but I'm unsure about dropping Soul of Steel for that bit of added defence from molten shell.
Good question snirky2,

The Armour gain in Juggernaut is just incidental. I only went there for the Max Life and the Flask perk. It's an easy one to remove for any jewel socket. Good call.

Soul of Steel is a pretty important gem. Though the nodes that lead to it are a waste, having a natural, non-gear, increase to our max fire resist is huge. That's a really hard one to give up.

This build does by chance have a good amount of armour %. It's just by chance though. If you find that you're removing lots of armour nodes from the tree, just replace Molten Shell with a Guard skill of your choice.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
PoE_Krythos wrote:
Hello Wrecker_of_Days,
I just wanted to THANK YOU for your build. Your build is the second build guide I've ever followed and holy cow this is so much easier than the Magic Find Tornado Shot I went for first. Since I had my first MF character I had lots of unique equip I could use on my Chieftan and was able to sustain RF with flasks from level 33 and was thinking I could kick major ass... until I killed that boss that gives you -30 resistance to everything, and I started dying again :)
So THANK YOU for an incredibly fun build - I just used Incinerate to kill everything I could and am loving it. Still sustaining RF with Life flasks, but I don't mind :) Only Level 61 so far and lots more Passive Tree to go! :D

Small edit: In your Guide, under "Build Mechanics Explained for New Players", and section, "Endurance Charges", you wrote, "Endurance Charges give 4% physical reduction, elemental resists and per charge.", so I was wondering if the "and" was too much, or if you wanted to add some info there :D I'm hoping for the latter of course :)

Question: Is it okay if I have a 6-link and use the Level 2 CWDT with Purifying Flame (12), Combustion Support, Frost Bomb (11), Summon Stone Golem and Molten Shell? That saves a gem slot for my Portal gem :)

Thanks for everything and looking forward to filling out the Passive Tree for a stronger RF! :D

Thanks PoE_Krythos,

That's a very kind thank you. I really appreciate it. I'm glad the guide has been fun and helpful :). Levelling RF can be really rough. I'm glad you found some good items to help the process and make it fun. 3.11's changes to warcries will make levelling this build even easier!

Ha ha! Thanks for the edit! I'll fix it right away. It's supposed to say, "Endurance Charges give 4% physical damage reduction, elemental resists and life regen per charge."

In regards to your question, which I think I saw was already answered, your 6 link idea works for sure. Just make sure the gems you want to be casted by CwDT are the proper gem level. It's just risky for this build to have its Stone Golem low level.

Thanks again for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
PoE_Krythos wrote:
"
snirky2 wrote:

Depending on the level of your Stone Golem, it may be cheaper to just buy a new Stone Golem gem from Lani (Act 6 and Epilogue) (she sells gems at level 1).

Annnnnd

"
PoE_Krythos wrote:
"
PoE_Krythos wrote:
"
snirky2 wrote:

Actually, I'm using this staff for my CWDT:
which gives +1 to fire gems and +1 to cold gems - so will my Purifying Flame, Combustion and Frost Bomb all have to be one level less in order to work with CWDT ? :(

Also, are there disadvantages to leveling CWDT to higher levels?
The bonuses to gem levels do not apply to CwDT. CwDT only looks at each gem's natural level before boosts. If you look at your fire gems when socketed in the staff. There will be a natural white gem level and then a blue gem level. CwDT reads the "before bonus" gem level. So you don't have to keep the fire gems a level or two lower.

In regards to CwDT's level, you have to look at the skills that you want them to cast. Some spells make sense to cast at low levels, others are only beneficial at higher levels. Some it doesn't matter. For example, because we're only using Purifying Flame for the Consecrated Ground it puts out (and not damage), we just want it to be cast often. Stone Golem gives flat life regen. There's no reason for us to want a smaller amount of life regen and we get no other bonuses from casting it at a low level. So you just have to consider the value of each spell. Obviously also consider how often you want each spell cast as well.

Good question.

Annnnnd

I'm glad you are updating for 3.11. I am excited to try new warcry gems (specifically Infernal Cry) with this build as a base. I love the time and effort you put into the build and replies.

I am also planning to experiment with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malachai%27s_Artifice + orb of storms to get some EE. I know you prefer rares and don't usually use uniques. Have you experimented with this combination?

Edit: I like the POB you shared (https://pastebin.com/tFDS5PWA) way more than that unique + spell combo
Last edited by jerrymathew on Jun 12, 2020, 3:36:24 PM
Hello again Wrecker_of_Days!

Just hit Level 73, enjoying myself, though maybe a bit squishy :) (or I'm too enthusiastic at mapping).

I was wondering, as I do not need Purity of Fire because I have a crazy amount of Fire resistance from my gear, and I don't need Clarity because, again, crazy mana regen from gear, would you have 2 auras to recommend to replace them in order to either deal more damage, or not be as squishy? I can almost sustain RF without any flasks as long as I kill enemies and keep up my endurance charges.

I apologise if this question has been asked before - I didn't want to go through 30+ pages of unread forum posts for the time being :)

Thanks for your devotion and wish you good luck mapping and figuring out fun builds you can run in 3.11! :D
"
PoE_Krythos wrote:
Hello again Wrecker_of_Days!

Just hit Level 73, enjoying myself, though maybe a bit squishy :) (or I'm too enthusiastic at mapping).

I was wondering, as I do not need Purity of Fire because I have a crazy amount of Fire resistance from my gear, and I don't need Clarity because, again, crazy mana regen from gear, would you have 2 auras to recommend to replace them in order to either deal more damage or not be as squishy? I can almost sustain RF without any flasks as long as I kill enemies and keep up my endurance charges.

I apologize if this question has been asked before - I didn't want to go through 30+ pages of unread forum posts for the time being :)

Thanks for your devotion and wish you good luck mapping and figuring out fun builds you can run in 3.11! :D

Hello, im sure Wrecker_of_Days will weight in too. While waiting for a reply I do have a couple of suggestions.

Doing Uber Lab and picking up Ramako should give a huge DPS Boost.
Life is also our damage so focusing on gear with more life should also boost damage and survivability.
Purity of Fire is good because level 20 purity of fire gives you +4 to max fire res and that will mean more life regen. This will also help u sustain RF without flask. As you will have to increase life in the future to be tankier.
It looks like you have an insane amount of Fire Res, I would focus on Cold and also some Armor /Evasion. Your tree currently multiplies any armor by 228%. More armor also mean higher damage negation via Molten Shell.

Hello jerrymathew!

Thanks for the suggestions! It was while trying to do Uber Lab that I was killed by a minion (not even a boss) so I think I'll try tackling that a lot later (after acquiring a few more passive skills), but thanks! :)

I didn't know (or forgot about, since I actually read the Gem Link section!) the Purity of Fire +4 to max fire res - thanks for reminding me! Slotting it back in - 4 more levels to go!

Thanks for the tip about armour - I was actually ignoring that and just focusing on Life and Life Regen - much appreciated! Will give it a go!

This was super helpful - Y'all rock! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info