[3.10] Storm Brand mana based Hierophant on MoM

I'm running the same right now, still leveling though. My plan, though it may turn out to be too unwieldy, is to try and get some crit along with 5k mana, and use indigon. Though I may have to pick either crit or mana, as was mentioned. With indigon, 5k mana, and 9% base mana cost (utilizing sanctuary of thought and 4 support gems it works out pretty perfectly) after 3 casts the cost if the storm brand should be 99% of your mana. It should go 9%, 19%, 44%, 99%. So the playstyle will have to be 3 casts, wait 4 seconds, repeat. If I can get it to work smoothly enough in theory it's 2600 added lightning damage after effectiveness, which is essentially a 1300% more modifier from base dmg. If I can make it work crit is likely overkill
"
rpgambit wrote:
I'm running the same right now, still leveling though. My plan, though it may turn out to be too unwieldy, is to try and get some crit along with 5k mana, and use indigon. Though I may have to pick either crit or mana, as was mentioned. With indigon, 5k mana, and 9% base mana cost (utilizing sanctuary of thought and 4 support gems it works out pretty perfectly) after 3 casts the cost if the storm brand should be 99% of your mana. It should go 9%, 19%, 44%, 99%. So the playstyle will have to be 3 casts, wait 4 seconds, repeat. If I can get it to work smoothly enough in theory it's 2600 added lightning damage after effectiveness, which is essentially a 1300% more modifier from base dmg. If I can make it work crit is likely overkill

Were you planning on getting PoH for 3 casts = 6 brands? Or just running with some rare wands and 3 brands until mana regenerates?
Field report for the day...

I sold my Pledge of Hands and switched to Unleash, which helped me start dying less. Stand in place for half the time. DPS didn't change much. The new Seal Mender passive is makes Unleash much better IMO. Combine with Thunderous Salvos annointment and the Redeemer prefix which both give +1 seals and it's amazing at clearing maps, because you cast - run for 2 seconds - blow up everything - repeat. Single target is eh with Unleash.

Damage has dropped off in mid tier maps, packs still die fast but bosses are getting slower. I am still on a five link. Should have used the Pledge money to buy a 6 link but instead I used it to buy a nice wand and some ES items including a +1 seals helmet.

I am theorizing to go to a CI version. I am not dying to chaos damage, but I think I can free up skill points currently spent on life for crit and power charges instead.

https://pastebin.com/cRzW6wmC

The missing 17 skill points - about 5 of them are because I probably won't go past 95, and the remaining 12 are for cluster jewels:

6 to allocate Seal Mender + a socket on a large cluster
3 to allocate Will Shaper on a small cluster

(Probably just do this twice...).

Let me know what you think; how can I improve this?
I've been playing non crit MoM mana stacking storm brand. Only level 77 and my gear is fairly trash - still using odd leveling bits.
It's been very rippy in delerium, but ok if I skip the mirror or end it at level 1/2.

Still not sure best way to go. I'm planning on dropping the whole assassin area and grabbing more cluster jewels - can get a large lightning jewel with 2 sockets and run 2 medium brand jewels for extra brands etc. Then small ones for life/mana. I think the thing I'll miss most about that is Aqueous accelerant which is a really nice cluster. Guess I could anoint it, but there are so many good anoint options

I know some people have played with stacking a load of activation range, apparently starts clearing offscreen.

Sticking to the templar/witch/scion area means grab life wheel and potetially a bit more block. Can get respectable amounts with a shield and running rumi's concoction.

I'm not sure how the single target is going to stack up later - been supplementing with lightning spire traps, but might substitute in an orb of storms plus tempest shield trigger setup. Maybe in a pseudo 5l - essence crafted helm most likely, though that does preclude using mindspiral.

Haven't even settled on supports yet. Controlled destruction is a bit awkward as it makes the brands not consistently trigger ele overload. Conc effect is hampering clear a bit, though is probably a must have. Debating if worth taking the hit on not shocking and using ele focus. We already get a bit of increased damage taken from brands anyway, and can get unnerve on top.

Energy leech isn't great for damage unless we are leeching, but might be worth for sustain as a 6th link just to keep the 'buffer' topped off (Or more than a buffer if you do take sanctuary of thought)
6th link is pretty big for this build as it becomes a 6.5 link really as the increased mana cost translates into damage too.

Personal report:
currently running white tier maps with 4L and practically self found gear and there are no great issues with not enough dps or excessive dying. I die mostly when I get too cocky during delirium.
At the moment I have "just" 3,5k mana, so damage should stack nicely as my gear will progress.

Also frostblink is amazing whne paired with CDR reductions, aoe and archmage. Delivers quite a punch :)

"
elmasone wrote:

Well, Arc use would be trully big change to build and I played it last league, but when it comes to clear speed I feel at the moment that storm brand does its job very nicely.
Also I am so far playing crit version and dmg stacks nicely as well. Thinking about going for non-crit version, but sincerely have not managed to get it going as dmg seems much lower compared to crit version. I will see when I PoB will be updated and maybe I will play with cluster jewels a bit.

Going through the PoB it looks reasonable, still need the numbers from archmage :) Skill tree feels overextended, I believe that by going heavily into cluster jewels you can get better results per skill point.

I would be little worried with your setup regarding eHP, ES is "only" 6,5k, which feels kind of low.

Skyforth looks like interesting idea, just side note.

"
rpgambit wrote:

Please let me know results, this looks amazing as you describe it.

"
Carlovski wrote:

Some nice ideas, will be interested in you PoB when managems will be included in it to compare non-crit viability.

In general, anyone has idea when PoB will contain new gems? :)
Last edited by Ramireus on Mar 16, 2020, 8:37:08 AM
I haven't done testing much yet but I am running similair as Inquisitor. Does EB work with it? I thought it would require actual mana spendature.
Planning on going low life with Zealotry (wrath gives slightly more but Zealotry has better QoL for crits). I'll reserve Zealotry with life and use Shav's to protect my life.
Also I'm using arc in 6 link with Unleash and Archmage. I don't reach the same amount of mana spent as you (i think i get around 500 range) but even without flasks that's about 1m damage per cast (without flasks), which obviously decreases when looking at DPS since you want to wait 2 secs to re-cast. Might use a swap to spell echo for bosses. Either way it's a great and easy set up for a build. Debating between using Shimmeron + Shield or try and get a rare wand instead.
"
rpgambit wrote:

You gave me idea and now I am stacking increased manacost-running dual apeps rage at the moment, but that is because they are cheap. Currently on 4L, with 4,2k unreserved mana is manacost 782 and it is already melting anything in brand attachement range. It actually seems I can get to well over 50 % of unreserved manacost, reliably with every cast with two fevered minds. Starting to be little concerned about mana regen rate :)
So, Im gonna give this build a go as SSF. Would you make any changes outside of the uniques if you knew were gonna run it ssf?
"
latterus14 wrote:
So, Im gonna give this build a go as SSF. Would you make any changes outside of the uniques if you knew were gonna run it ssf?

When going SSF, I would go the old crit way, without cluster jewels, instead with power charges as this would not need any real gear. If you would scramble apeps rage and/or fevered mind with some good cluster jewels, I would respec, but without them I see damage as quite lacking.
In crit case for SSF probably daggers would be better than wands.

No other idea at the moment.
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
latterus14 wrote:

When going SSF, I would go the old crit way, without cluster jewels, instead with power charges as this would not need any real gear. If you would scramble apeps rage and/or fevered mind with some good cluster jewels, I would respec, but without them I see damage as quite lacking.
In crit case for SSF probably daggers would be better than wands.

No other idea at the moment.

If SSF, grab every cobalt jewel and vaal them for fevered minds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info