[3.25]The BLOCKMAN

Have another option for helmet? because abyssus 40% damage taken is too much.
This build is shit, doing maps dying 1.000 times, waste of time and currency...
Hey, what would make The Surrender better than this?

This shield gives me more life on block.
"
Hey, what would make The Surrender better than this?

This shield gives me more life on block.

I think they are close and either one works.

However...

If you have a 'life on hit' gem in your surrender shield it will proc with reckoning and that hits in a cone so add in ~50 life per enemy hit as well as a riposte gem if you have one in there as well.
Plus the surrender adds a ton more armor which is good for molten shell and overall defense (see passive nodes).

When I get rich I will be using the surrender for this build but will be using a shield such as yours until then.

Just my .02 cents. I hope I am right tbqh.
could you help? what should i do to improve my build? I die quite often
https://pastebin.com/DKL1VaPx
hey quick question to the current 3.13 pob.
why are you using precision on level 1? is it enough?
Precision lvl 1 is to save mana.
It is only 22 mana for some crit and hit.

Ok so I've been playing this build for about a 100h since this league start. And here are my two cents about it.

It's a great build for farming as long as you don't come across 3 situations:

1) bosses/elites that do overwhelming hits (massive crushing hits)
In case these hits go through your block chance and evasion they can only be tanked with high HP at 4.3k HP I still get sometimes one shotted. Maybe at 5K+ HP this could be less of an issue but I'm not 100% sure how much HP you need to have for this issue to be survivable.

2) damage over time in general
can be cleared with flasks though

3) physical reflect
nothing can be done about that

Since those things actually kill you (in a second none the less), if you are not used to avoid/deal with them and are a bit unlucky on modifier rolls, the build might feel unplayable to you.

The guide title is misleading

allow me to develop:
This isn't a "cheap and tanky" build if anything the caption should say "cheap and mildly squishy" and then very expensive and tanky.
I have followed the league starter gearing list to the letter, as well as the pob and even have a bit better gears than the list right now. I can definitely do red maps without any issue but when one of the 3 situations I've listed before comes up it can happen that I die in a second or two. Sometimes in the worst case scenarios the best bet is to just reset and go for another map.
This does leave me worried about the end bosses, will I be able to defeat them without going into that insane 100+ ex list of gears that the build actually requires to become what it actually really advertises "Capable of face-tanking everything"?

I think the build and guide could be improved in the league start and intermediary section.

I don't yet have any of the crazy multi ex items/jewels/gems etc.
And that's probably the state that most users will ever be able to reach..
When I see how many multi ex items there are in the end gear I doubt that more than the 1% could reach it. You're gonna need to be able to make currency or just be super lucky to keep up with this.

I any way this isn't a Beginner friendly build

Here's my current state : https://pastebin.com/QwUQejx2

Maybe someone that understands the build better than me and have a bit more experience could have a look and give me a few tips and pointers to where to go from here. I'm thinking of crafting the end game chest piece next but maybe there are a few more important things to upgrade like how can I get better HP? How do I raise my damage without losing the defense? I think i'm gonna aim to craft the chest piece now, which will allow me to replace praxis by a better ring and then get the belt ryslatha and the shield the surrender. Also need to replace brutality & melee physical dmg with their awakened counter parts. Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if i'm on the right path and if i've missed something really important though.

As a conclusion
I'd say if you are a beginner and not a veteran there are better builds & guides to follow. This is a great build though but the guide doesn't really hold your hand and the road to get where and to what it really advertises can be pretty bumpy.
"
captainweedo wrote:
Ok so I've been playing this build for about a 100h since this league start. And here are my two cents about it.

It's a great build for farming as long as you don't come across 3 situations:

1) bosses/elites that do overwhelming hits (massive crushing hits)
In case these hits go through your block chance and evasion they can only be tanked with high HP at 4.3k HP I still get sometimes one shotted. Maybe at 5K+ HP this could be less of an issue but I'm not 100% sure how much HP you need to have for this issue to be survivable.

2) damage over time in general
can be cleared with flasks though

3) physical reflect
nothing can be done about that

Since those things actually kill you (in a second none the less), if you are not used to avoid/deal with them and are a bit unlucky on modifier rolls, the build might feel unplayable to you.

The guide title is misleading

allow me to develop:
This isn't a "cheap and tanky" build if anything the caption should say "cheap and mildly squishy" and then very expensive and tanky.
I have followed the league starter gearing list to the letter, as well as the pob and even have a bit better gears than the list right now. I can definitely do red maps without any issue but when one of the 3 situations I've listed before comes up it can happen that I die in a second or two. Sometimes in the worst case scenarios the best bet is to just reset and go for another map.
This does leave me worried about the end bosses, will I be able to defeat them without going into that insane 100+ ex list of gears that the build actually requires to become what it actually really advertises "Capable of face-tanking everything"?

I think the build and guide could be improved in the league start and intermediary section.

I don't yet have any of the crazy multi ex items/jewels/gems etc.
And that's probably the state that most users will ever be able to reach..
When I see how many multi ex items there are in the end gear I doubt that more than the 1% could reach it. You're gonna need to be able to make currency or just be super lucky to keep up with this.

I any way this isn't a Beginner friendly build

Here's my current state : https://pastebin.com/QwUQejx2

Maybe someone that understands the build better than me and have a bit more experience could have a look and give me a few tips and pointers to where to go from here. I'm thinking of crafting the end game chest piece next but maybe there are a few more important things to upgrade like how can I get better HP? How do I raise my damage without losing the defense? I think i'm gonna aim to craft the chest piece now, which will allow me to replace praxis by a better ring and then get the belt ryslatha and the shield the surrender. Also need to replace brutality & melee physical dmg with their awakened counter parts. Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if i'm on the right path and if i've missed something really important though.

As a conclusion
I'd say if you are a beginner and not a veteran there are better builds & guides to follow. This is a great build though but the guide doesn't really hold your hand and the road to get where and to what it really advertises can be pretty bumpy.

I like what you say.

I am not even half way complete with this build (not to mention my gems are beginner level too right now) as I don't have a ton of time to farm for currency but I can tell already that this build is gonna need some TLC and 6000 hp in the end.

I am already incorporating ideas from other builds such as running warchief + protector totem and not using precision (atm) due to mana issus. Much, much, better boss dps to drop a protector and then a vaal warchief.

Anyway....this is how I like it tbqh. I like taking a build and giving it some TLC and exalts to make it shine. A build that is complete and smashes everything in one week just ruins the fun imo.
I'm trying out this build as my league starter, and it's doing okay on red maps. As others have mentioned, the build suffers with DoTs. DO NOT disregard the line of text about getting a corrupted blood gem. Sirus WILL KILL YOU. Otherwise, it does t16 rituals easy as pie, and it does heists and delve quite well too.

You might wish to try out the facebreaker variant of the build. I didn't because I like my breathstealers, but it's a good alternative to saving up 5ex for a paradoxica. I'm using an Ahn's might atm but it's a bit lackluster.

Pushing end-game requires a decent amount of ex investment. The Surrender is very expensive atm. The Immortal Will is a great alternative for working your way up.

All up, you're looking at 18 ex for your sword, shield and belt, and multiple ex for your body, depending on how far you want to go with it. That's a lot.

It's a big investment, but you can take small steps to get there. Other builds are going to have the same problem, so don't disregard it just because there's an expense. It plays pretty well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info