Path of Exile Talent Competition

Vessel of Vinktar pixel art.

I'm new to pixel art and this is my first attempt at it, sorry it's a little jaggy.

Last edited by Poachy on Jan 19, 2020, 6:01:22 AM
Just kind of a small story involving those that aren't lucky enough to make it to Lioneye's Watch.

"For your crimes against Oriath you are hereby exiled to the forsaken continent of Wraeclast."

Those words ring relentlessly in my ears. I kept replaying over and over what happened that day in my mind, trying to find some kind of appeasement.
I had been walking along the street when I heard a loud commotion coming from a nearby home. A single step towards the residence and the clamor had turned into cries for help, completely silenced by a scream that would no doubt have more people coming to investigate.
I should have made myself absent as soon as it happened—I know that now—but as I quickly approached the door to investigate, a shadowy figure burst out from it. They had wasted no time in knocking me down with enough force to make sure I stayed there while they made their escape. I also heard a confusing metallic clanging when I hit the ground, but before I could even get my bearings and back up on to my feet, the guards had arrived and immediately started demanding my surrender. My only clue as to why was a dagger laying next to me with a small pool of blood, some of which was also now on my clothing.
I was found guilty for the murder of a wealthy noble, their son present and curiously lacking any sort of grief for the matter at hand. It seemed obvious that it was something he had orchestrated, but his word and newfound wealth made it nothing more than an outrageous claim.
I guess it doesn't matter now though—nothing is going to change the fact that I'm the one here on the ship.
As I sat beneath the deck in the crowded holding, I took it upon myself to pass the time till the inevitable with writing this—my only other belongings being the clothes on my back and the sword that my kind Oriathan captors have 'gifted' me. If you ask me, this may as just be a long drawn out execution considering these weapons are going to be hard pressed to take a life, let alone defend one. A few practice swings did not serve to improve that confidence any, but time was getting short; we were fast approaching Wraeclast. There was no docking to be done to unload us Exiles; we would be dumped off into the ocean and would have to swim to shore, as if it were a competition just to earn the right to survive a little bit longer.
There's lots of movement going on deck now. It looks like the moment has arrived, and this will hopefully not be the last entry in this new journal of mine.

---

By some miracle I had made it to the shore through the ocean's relentless churning. My first scan of my surroundings did not bode well; very few of the others on the ship had made it to shore like I did, and those that did probably wish they hadn't.
No sooner than when I spotted another Exile barely in view, they had succumbed to the local "wildlife". As if it weren't enough that the local fauna included hostile crabs more bloodthirsty than a hungry wolf, there were rotting corpses shambling around, brought back by some unknown malevolent force. I had come in contact with both for a short while before finding a small place to rest. The swim alone had drained me up to that point—having to defend myself on top of that nearly finished the job.
Not all hope is lost though—some of the corpses, both dead and undead, had been wearing armor of various types, with one particularly well equipped tragedy having a sword on them that would put even freshly smithed ones to shame. After finding it, I was immediately assaulted by thoughts of futility. They had been this well equipped and still perished all the same; was I to be next and help some other Exile with my posthumous gift like them?
Those thoughts left as quickly as they arrived when I had came across this little alcove. It was hidden relatively well from sight, not reliably enough to sleep but a welcome respite nonetheless.
Only after sitting down did I notice that the sword I picked up had strange holes in it, one of them filled with a deep red gem of some sort. It came out simple enough, but by doing this I felt strangely weaker—my swings didn't carry the same heft as they used to. I didn't hesitate putting it back in.
I didn't need an explanation for what this strange power was; looking for answers instead of looking for safety was not in my best interests. It's time to move again. I haven't seen any other sign of safety yet, but wherever it was it wasn't going to come to me.

---

This is bad.
I retreated back after catching a glimpse of what seems to be a small fortification with a clearly hand made defensive exterior. There's just one *giant* issue in the way: another undead corpse, the size unlike any man I've seen before, dead or alive. What is most chilling is that there seemed to be something in the shape of a sword glinting in his chest, like someone had impaled him with it and he simply shrugged it off as a minor inconvenience. I had no other choice though; I had to try and take him down. There's no way the fort would risk the behemoth getting past the gate.
I looked over the gear I collected so far, picked out the best and left the rest inside the alcove inside some washed up shipwreck wood. Hopefully it would help some future Exile to make a similar journey.

---

I had done it! I felled the giant! It was a long and grueling battle but I had come out on top with a satisfying thump as he hit the sand. As I made my way into the fort, I finally felt a warmth inside of me that I hadn't felt since the time I stepped on that ship, as I finally knew I was safe again.

At least, that's what I'm hoping to be able to write.
I wrote this a few pages ahead of where I stopped last as to tear it out later if I do win this battle, and fill in what actually happened. With my current situation it didn't seem like a bad idea to give myself every advantage and preparation that I could muster, whether it be physically or mentally.
In the case that this is indeed the last entry in this journal, then you no doubt found this lying nearby the brute, possibly covered in sand, blood, or even held fast by a corpse—but for the one who potentially reads this, I'm grateful for your consequential vengeance.
Last edited by Akutare on Jan 19, 2020, 4:58:22 AM
This is my take on the competition, the empower support gem, hope you guys like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPFM8zF13o

Last edited by kaboommst on Jan 21, 2020, 9:43:06 PM
Didn't realize there was a talent competition but made these in the time frame anyways :)
Well, im powder coating painter, and PoE player who keeps a game diary every league i play. So i decided to make a uniqe cover for my diary, made witch old plate, some ms paint sketches, and few powder colors.
Middle right side looks bad, but my line in work is not adapted to make small details and mulitple colours on one element.
Still, i decided to post that cover here, cuse why not(and im not a artist, just average hard working man).
Fanart for the my league starter this league, the spidermancer, one of the cheapest and strongest builds in game, very fast mapper, great bosser (reaches like 12 mil shaper DPS). This is the final character

- aspect of the spider chest
- arakaali's fang
- devouring diadem (MOM+4k heal every 5 sec)
- triad grip gloves (4 white sockets for full chaos conversion)
- writhing jar flask

I enter.
"
KungFuPanda2 wrote:
Fanart for the my league starter this league, the spidermancer, one of the cheapest and strongest builds in game, very fast mapper, great bosser (reaches like 12 mil shaper DPS). This is the final character

- aspect of the spider chest
- arakaali's fang
- devouring diadem (MOM+4k heal every 5 sec)
- triad grip gloves (4 white sockets for full chaos conversion)
- writhing jar flask

You have incredible talent in creating beautiful arts and video. I realized this when I saw your video about Daresso, amazing work!!
🏆pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2761386 - Interview 📜
🏆Flashback SC Bestiary - Top 1 Trickster
🏆Flashback SC Incursion - Top 1 Trickster
🏆Flashback SC Synthesis - Top 1 Chieftain
⭐Competition: 3
Last edited by Path_of_DerroK on Jan 22, 2020, 2:26:50 AM
Here is my submission for the talent competition. Hope you like it!

The Return
https://streamable.com/nz8a4
Here's my hand drawn entry

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info