Have you EVER found a rare worth selling?

Yeah I've found good rares. I commonly id many rares every league.... I don't think it's very efficient, I should probably leave them on the ground and just farm currency. I think it'd probably be more profitable for the time. But I get a certain satisfaction from looking at rares.. so I id them.

Most of my finds from this league are similiar to every league I've ever done... a 40-60c pair of gloves or boots. A base helm, here or there pushing an Exalted. But for the most part... 99.9% of all rares are junk.

And it's easy to see why... Uniques are awesome! Even a 1c, trash tier unique beats 90% of all comparitive rares. So yeah it's really really uncommon for a rare to be worth more than 10c.

TLDR. This league got a moonstone ring T1's Energy Shield and Caster abilities across all prefixes and suffixes.... 7ex. Pair of Fingerless gloves good stats 2ex, 4 pairs of boots worth 1 ex.
Doing the chaos recipe is a noob-trap. ID your rares, especially on higher tier maps. Set your loot filter to only show T1 and T2 bases and you're good.

Playing SSF and I find a lot of really good rares that way. ID'ing all those rares also fuels my crafting projects with Alterations.

ID'd that a couple days ago and it was an instant 390 pdps Corsair Sword ready to be used on a physical build.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
All the time, got this beaut just this weekend

Fyi only idd by accident as picked up for the chrome vendor, glad i idd first
Last edited by faustian1 on Jan 13, 2020, 9:43:38 PM
I do chaos recipe, but also ID best bases. Most stuff is trash of course, but you do get the occasional item which sells for 5c-50c. This time around I managed to find a claw which sold for 2,5 ex, and got 10ex for a pair of two-toned boots (1 alc -> high life, 3 resists and 30 movement :P).

It's definately not the best way to make currency, but it's more fun and relaxing compared to either flipping all day long or doing 50 maps an hour.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
Vendetta wrote:
I do chaos recipe over and over...so I rarely find any rares to sell...

I do not really have time to check all the builds and what they need to function so that gutters my knowledge in selling rares.

Pretty much I do not bother with rares unless they are 3 res / high life roll or a good base that I usually identify.

I was exactly doing the same thing, found a helmet with some quality, so decided instead to do the chaos quality for the extra chaos, so I identified the helmet I was going to scrap for the 2 chaos recipe and I got this.

I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Doing the chaos recipe is a noob-trap. ID your rares, especially on higher tier maps. Set your loot filter to only show T1 and T2 bases and you're good.

Playing SSF and I find a lot of really good rares that way. ID'ing all those rares also fuels my crafting projects with Alterations.

ID'd that a couple days ago and it was an instant 390 pdps Corsair Sword ready to be used on a physical build.

You have to be particularly good with crafting or knowledgeable in what other builds use to be able to sale rares you find.

I usually know the good bases , and my loot filter also notifies me of a good base like Fingerless, which I usually identify as I said.

I do the chaos recipe because well it's an easy buck for someone that doesn't have time to learn every damn prefix and what build uses it.

I keep identifying the good bases while chaosing the retarded ones which pretty much won't sell anyway even if good stated .
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.

sure, spent 3c putting lightning res on it. and then a vaal orb obviously made it better.

if i wasnt ssf im sure it would sell for much more than 4c
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Jan 15, 2020, 2:01:10 AM
You made a crucial mistake - should have put multires in to get more out of you craft. It is only 30%, could have been 40%. Anyway it will sell for around 20c, don't know if that was what you meant by much more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info