Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

I wonder if GGG realized that the opportunity cost of losing an affix slot was actually a strong balancing factor already against multimodded items, or that multimodded items were used because IT'S NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO ROLL 3+ GOOD MODS ON A RARE ITEM AS IT IS. Multimodding isn't used because it makes OP items, but because it's ACCESSIBLE.

My take here is that GGG wants more RNG in the game, more more more gambling, nothing reliable.

So now it's fossilcrafting or get out for reliability. I see we're back to supporting the deep farmers.

Also is the Fortify nerf a nerf if Fortify is the only overall damage reduction you use? How is the "less" actually going to work out with stacking numerically?
Last edited by FramFramson on Dec 9, 2019, 11:57:57 PM
Only question i really have is based on the Multi-Mod for crafting. It says can have 3 mods only. Does that include itself?..

If this was answered already I'm sorry I made it a few pages in and Didn't see.
"
frostzor27 wrote:
Fortify nerf why?!?!

All you needed was to make it melee only...

Apparently it's fun to kick dead dogs in GGG balance team

Yeah, why not just make it a strike thing e.e
My guess is that "3 crafted mods" will include the multimod craft, since it's "3 crafted mods" and not "3 OTHER crafted mods".

Which is going to make it almost useless in most cases, as you're paying the opportunity cost of 1-affix lost just to craft two mods, which is pretty much worthless unless you desperately need a combination of two particular crafted mods on one rare item.

GGG really wants us to use the new exalts and fossils, which of course benefits heavy farmers at the expense of more casual players.

Surprise surprise. Whales win.

Last edited by FramFramson on Dec 10, 2019, 12:02:51 AM
I'm fine with all of this :) Can't wait. This weekend is POE weekend.

Skeletons looking good again.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
"
Potion wrote:
"
DomzyPrivs wrote:
I hope GGG understands that slowing down the game by buffing monsters, nerfing fast skills, and buffing slow skills, does not increase how long someone will play the league. Build variety and freedom increase how long I personally play. Not being pigeon-holed into some slow clunky build because that's what GGG has decided for this league.

Most of us aren't streamers who can play the game all day everyday. Many of us have jobs and families. So please stop balancing around the streamers and people who can play 12 hours a day.

Agreed, all shitty nerfs do is make me NOT play the game entirely! what planet is GGG living on???

This
"
ariyako wrote:
it become trend now at ggg hq? nerf and buff and you call it "balance" ? follow the leag trend? what happen to make your own build?

"
saragart wrote:
Make it slower, make it harder, nerf, nerf, nerf... that's all I hear since exilecon.

Can we enjoy a build for two leagues before nerfs so I could start a league with no b.s.? Not everyone is a streamer and plays for living to try 5 builds in a league. Its just frustrating that so much shit has to break every league. I mean multimod, supported by, point blank and minions?

I'm not inspired for weekend to be honest

agree with this.

I'm betting this league's player number will keep pace with the declining player attendance from the last year.

Their new player pool is drying up, the new frustrated players and long time players are leaving. I see people in corporate world do this all the time. When they see a decline, they double their efforts on dumb.

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#1y

Last edited by Smear on Dec 10, 2019, 12:11:39 AM
"
Diablo_4_ever wrote:
GGG: "We want players to engage with the game how we choose, and if they won't we'll make them"

New Player: "As a new player, will you provide a quality game that will keep me engaged and wanting to play, one where the average player can actually enjoy the game as well and not just no life 1%'ers"

GGG: "Haha! Absolutely the fuck not."

New Player: "So you just want to take my MTX money and then just nerf everything into the ground?"

GGG: "Haha! Abso-the-fuck-lutely."

New Player: "So melee was already dead, and now the bow league is also dead before it starts"

"Haha! Abso-the-fuck-lutely."
"
slindimasq wrote:
"
Potion wrote:
"
DomzyPrivs wrote:
I hope GGG understands that slowing down the game by buffing monsters, nerfing fast skills, and buffing slow skills, does not increase how long someone will play the league. Build variety and freedom increase how long I personally play. Not being pigeon-holed into some slow clunky build because that's what GGG has decided for this league.

Most of us aren't streamers who can play the game all day everyday. Many of us have jobs and families. So please stop balancing around the streamers and people who can play 12 hours a day.

Agreed, all shitty nerfs do is make me NOT play the game entirely! what planet is GGG living on???

This

absolutely l agree that...l feel like ggg just wanna destroy our fun and freedom and poe future for sell more mtx with new meta builds they nerf skills and just buf monster life, resistances and armour .l am sure so many poeple will get one shot with lag bug grapic problems etc and will just leave league after that ggg will nerf somethnk again or will try buff drop rate but it will be late again l saw that story so many time reallly l lost my hope abt poe if ggg want to that more l will never buy mtx or support them anymore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info