3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

A note on the build config in POB - I saw that there were consistently 4 Power charges while in combat (From the staff), but that option wasn't enabled with 4 charges in the 'Configuration' section. Nice little bump to the damage displayed in there!
"
Clinchicus wrote:
A note on the build config in POB - I saw that there were consistently 4 Power charges while in combat (From the staff), but that option wasn't enabled with 4 charges in the 'Configuration' section. Nice little bump to the damage displayed in there!

Transcendent its not good now.

Power charges were not included because you can't generate them on bosses although they are nice addon to mapping dps.
Hello Torstein and exiles,

a small tale before the praise and questions.
Spoiler
I started poe before any leagues started and always liked some non-meta builds.
I had for a long time a Ground slammer Marauder and a Flickerstrike shadow(loved those). In ambush and onslaught leagues I started to experiment a bit and build myself a Glacial Hammer Templar and played him for so long. The game changed and at some point in time he simply wasn't so good anymore. After some time I stopped playing for some years and now I'm back and what do I find? A Glacial Hammer build that works sooo good and brings back so many good memories.

So THANK YOU FOR THAT.

I love this build. Lvling was stupid till I got a pillar of caged god at that point it was so easy with5L/6L GH. Had a Lucky drop before I got a Hegemonys that would have carried me far father then lvl 68.

So now some questions. I know I need to upgrade my rings helm etc and get right craft on gloves. So no stupid questions like what can I do to get better life/dps ......
My question is did you change any gear/flask/passives for boss fights like elder or uber atziri(because of reflect).
Are there some cheaper Jewel alternatives?
Will you update gear and so for next league? Don't have so much time anymore for theory crafting/testing because of work.

Thx again for all this
"

Power charges were not included because you can't generate them on bosses although they are nice addon to mapping dps.

Aah - hadn't thought about the bosses that can't be knocked back, thanks!

Getting to the point of trying out the cluster variation, looking forward to using Rage and Berserk!
"
Hello Torstein and exiles,

a small tale before the praise and questions.
Spoiler
I started poe before any leagues started and always liked some non-meta builds.
I had for a long time a Ground slammer Marauder and a Flickerstrike shadow(loved those). In ambush and onslaught leagues I started to experiment a bit and build myself a Glacial Hammer Templar and played him for so long. The game changed and at some point in time he simply wasn't so good anymore. After some time I stopped playing for some years and now I'm back and what do I find? A Glacial Hammer build that works sooo good and brings back so many good memories.

So THANK YOU FOR THAT.

I love this build. Lvling was stupid till I got a pillar of caged god at that point it was so easy with5L/6L GH. Had a Lucky drop before I got a Hegemonys that would have carried me far father then lvl 68.

So now some questions. I know I need to upgrade my rings helm etc and get right craft on gloves. So no stupid questions like what can I do to get better life/dps ......
My question is did you change any gear/flask/passives for boss fights like elder or uber atziri(because of reflect).
Are there some cheaper Jewel alternatives?
Will you update gear and so for next league? Don't have so much time anymore for theory crafting/testing because of work.

Thx again for all this

Tyvm for the feedback! I'm so glad that you found your fav skill again. :)

About flasks, pretty much nothing. For Atziri just dont use Ancestral Call cause it can hit reflective clone and target the one without mirror.
Sure, build will be refreshed for the 3.11
"
Clinchicus wrote:
"

Aah - hadn't thought about the bosses that can't be knocked back, thanks!

Getting to the point of trying out the cluster variation, looking forward to using Rage and Berserk!

Oh boy, you are gonna be trilled with cluster. :D
Highly recommend Cry Wolf on a Warcry buff medium cluster jewel. The "Warcries count as having 10 additional nearby Enemies" helps in boss fights when there are no adds.
Last edited by Stubby83 on May 18, 2020, 4:27:16 PM
Maybe I miss something but I struggle to life leech since is based on physical damage and we trying to convert all our P damage on cold damage. What is my problem ? And I don't understand why my ES is not increasing when I'm full life and still fighting/leeching...

Thank for the build btw, very fun to use and kind of cheap for a league starter as me :D Great job.
"
Atropos04 wrote:
Maybe I miss something but I struggle to life leech since is based on physical damage and we trying to convert all our P damage on cold damage. What is my problem ? And I don't understand why my ES is not increasing when I'm full life and still fighting/leeching...

Thank for the build btw, very fun to use and kind of cheap for a league starter as me :D Great job.

Leech is provided by passive ascendancy notable Pain Reaver, it doesn't matter which type of damage you have.

You have to have also Soul Tether belt to be able to leech ES and Vaal Pact keystone from the passive tree to make that leech fast.

Go thru the guide one more time.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 2, 2020, 4:03:39 PM
"
"
Atropos04 wrote:

Leech is provided by passive ascendancy notable Pain Reaver, it doesn't matter which type of damage you have.

You have to have also Soul Tether belt to be able to leech ES and Vaal Pact keystone from the passive tree to make that leech fast.

Go thru the guide one more time.

I just get this ascendance yesterday. I do have the belt and the vaal pact, but the blood rage auto damage are high and I can't create ES with it. Maybe later with more damage. Thanks for the information.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info