[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

Thank you very much for the thoughtful and detailed reply! I actually did get a Stormfire and a middling amulet for the lightning damage. The problem then was that my resistances were way down, so they’re sitting in the bank swinging for the rest of the res gear to arrive.

I’ll try out those changes and see how I fare then. Also appreciate the PoB tip to play with manual stats to see what effects certain mods have. It’s not always obvious what gives the biggest bang for the buck.
This build is good, has some issues so far with boss dps in my opinion, especially if you go taming & stormfire. But good for packs, maybe just need a swap in rings for bossing maybe. I lost to Hydra and Constrictor cause dps was steady but low (and I'm not that good) but has potential to be better. Maybe ice golem instead? Haven't tested it yet.

Will possibly upload gameplay if I get a clean t16 finished.
Anybody has a hard time sustaining mana against single target even with the mana leech node ? I am using a lvl 4 precision, maybe go lvl 2-3 ?
"
Ansem3 wrote:
This build is good, has some issues so far with boss dps in my opinion, especially if you go taming & stormfire. But good for packs, maybe just need a swap in rings for bossing maybe. I lost to Hydra and Constrictor cause dps was steady but low (and I'm not that good) but has potential to be better. Maybe ice golem instead? Haven't tested it yet.

I use a rare ring with elemental weakness on hit + Stormfire. Swap in Swift Affliction instead of GMP for hard bosses.

"
ccarles wrote:
Anybody has a hard time sustaining mana against single target even with the mana leech node ? I am using a lvl 4 precision, maybe go lvl 2-3 ?

Stick with lvl 1.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Dec 23, 2019, 5:12:53 PM
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
"
Ansem3 wrote:

I use a rare ring with elemental weakness on hit + Stormfire. Swap in Swift Affliction instead of GMP for hard bosses.

I have Swift Affliction on my helmet that I switch out for bosses, and it helps but it still is sometimes slow. Honestly most bosses and metamorphs I don't swap for (t13 and lower) but t14 and higher gets spooky sometimes. Maybe its just boss's increased health & stats? I could swap out ring but something either close or better for both would be nice. Maybe a shaped ring?
Hello,

I am currently playing the build with slight modifications. But I have a question I do not really understand reasoning for Stormfire. I know it adds about 25-30% effective dps over any ring, but I cant seem to figure out why. Is it just adding the lightning damage per hit to our ignite base (from items, divine wrath, shaper amulet, boot enchant etc)? Woudnt it be better to focus on gathering more added/extra fire damage instead of lightning as it scales better (we have more fire dmg increase than lighting)?

Thank you.
Someone tried Chimera in 3.9 yet?
I just tried it, and I got wrecked. Like every hit almost one shots..., and I'm at 7k life.

Hydra was very easy.
Thanks for the great build.

Just one question, I have managed to 5L my Xoph's Nuture and was wondering which gem to drop for now until I can afford a 6L. Combustion?
Asenath's Chant socket with Wave of Conviction + Combustion + Flammability + increased duration works rather well too with this build. You can replace Combustion linked to Burning Arrow with Unbound Ailments.
"
Mediv88 wrote:
Someone tried Chimera in 3.9 yet?
I just tried it, and I got wrecked. Like every hit almost one shots..., and I'm at 7k life.

Hydra was very easy.

Tawhoa helps a lot with him and similar bosses. I'd suggest dropping Tasalio to grab it (since we get plenty of regen from tree + Cinderswallow).

Keep your quicksilver flask of adrenaline ready to find him in his clouds, and use blink arrow (or dash, very effective against him) to get around. With ignite's new stacking debuff, the playstyle VS just about any boss is to shoot, move, shoot, move, repeat. Should be very hard for him to ever hit you.

Chimera is also one of the few bosses that can get eally bad with the right mods on the map such as + boss attack speed and any damage /life mods. Keep an eye on those. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info