Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas Teasers

"
nanakiinu wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:
I'm still amazed nobody's commented on how stupid OP that chestpiece is

Because... It really isn't? Youd have to stack and not reserve at least 3k mana to make it worth while

Not difficult with blood magic low life. And how much chaos damage do we routinely see?

This just RIP'd Shavs for LL builds.

Omg the double dipping implications are just delicious.

I'm sure everyone here is just waiting for a streamer to validate that this chest piece is now BiS for LL (since people can't seem to think outside of that), but I'm telling you now: This ones gonna be meta.

Just like any boost to Puncture will make Crimson Storm the bow for this league.
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 7, 2019, 9:04:25 PM
"
Rockell wrote:

It's probably because it isn't all that OP? I honestly think it's just as good as shaves, it all just comes down to preference and play style. Both offer a unique alternative to dealing with chaos damage. And both have their pros and cons.
"
emporertera wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:

It's probably because it isn't all that OP? I honestly think it's just as good as shaves, it all just comes down to preference and play style. Both offer a unique alternative to dealing with chaos damage. And both have their pros and cons.

The thing nobody is mentioning is this chest also has up to 100 flat mana, which is insane for mana stacking builds. Now, imagine this chest + that new Manastorm shield on a LL Mana stacking Heirophant or Guardian(Guardian also gains bonuses for reserving life, so even better)? It can be insane.

So in short, not only does this chest serve as an alternative to Shavs for low life builds, but it also highly buffs LL Mana Guardians or Heiro + The new shield which will give them a ton of damage based on mana spending.

If you check the current blight ladder mana stacking guardians are already getting over 40k ES and 16k mana(with the manastorm shield 16k mana = around 4000 flat lightning damage) and now with this chest they're gonna get even more ES. I wouldn't be surprised to see people with 60-70k+ ES running around this league, and also doing a butt load of damage.
Last edited by Lord_Izanagi on Dec 8, 2019, 1:22:12 AM
"
Rockell wrote:
"
nanakiinu wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:

Because... It really isn't? Youd have to stack and not reserve at least 3k mana to make it worth while

Not difficult with blood magic low life. And how much chaos damage do we routinely see?

I'm sure everyone here is just waiting for a streamer to validate that this chest piece is now BiS for LL (since people can't seem to think outside of that), but I'm telling you now: This ones gonna be meta.

Just like any boost to Puncture will make Crimson Storm the bow for this league.

Have they revealed how that shield works? Like is the damage stacking from how much mana you use on multiple spells or is it just he highest mana sacrifice?
"
emporertera wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:

Let's say you have a measly 4k life, and you're reserving 3900 of that, that's already around 1170 FLAT es added to your build and then modified by everything else, now let's say you also have the timeless jewel that gives you a percentage of max hp as extra ES? Even more. And you also have the flat mana which will be multiplied by the 300-400%+ mana you can get on the tree, and because the chaos damage is taken from your mana it also gives you much more mitigation from MOM.

LL MoM Mana stacking Hierophant is gonna be absolutely disgusting this league. Also if the Manastorm shield interacts with Indigon like I hope it does(have been planning to league start this) then you should get the full 2000% damage bonus from a single spell cast if you have enough mana.
Last edited by Lord_Izanagi on Dec 8, 2019, 1:34:47 AM
"

"
Have they revealed how that shield works? Like is the damage stacking from how much mana you use on multiple spells or is it just he highest mana sacrifice?

The wording says it's based on "mana spent recently" and uses all of your current mana. So based on the wording it would be a percentage of whatever your current mana pool is(I'm assuming if you reserve mana the damage would be less.) So basically... 16k mana = 4000 flat lightning damage.
Last edited by Lord_Izanagi on Dec 8, 2019, 1:28:16 AM
Why not just use coruscating elixir with that new chest?
"
Lord_Izanagi wrote:
and because the chaos damage is taken from your mana it also gives you much more mitigation from MOM.

LL MoM Mana stacking Hierophant is gonna be absolutely disgusting this league.
Mind Over Matter only redirects damage taken from life to mana. It doesn't work on damage taken from energy shield or mana.

Therefore, it's useless with this new chest, because you'll want to reserve as much life as you can.
"
Lord_Izanagi wrote:
"
emporertera wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:

Let's say you have a measly 4k life, and you're reserving 3900 of that, that's already around 1170 FLAT es added to your build and then modified by everything else, now let's say you also have the timeless jewel that gives you a percentage of max hp as extra ES? Even more. And you also have the flat mana which will be multiplied by the 300-400%+ mana you can get on the tree, and because the chaos damage is taken from your mana it also gives you much more mitigation from MOM.

LL MoM Mana stacking Hierophant is gonna be absolutely disgusting this league. Also if the Manastorm shield interacts with Indigon like I hope it does(have been planning to league start this) then you should get the full 2000% damage bonus from a single spell cast if you have enough mana.

What you're thinking is definitely possible. But I think you're looking waaay to far ahead, the amount of mana you need to attain and sustain that 2000% from indigon is nuts. You're talking about trying to spend 16k-20k mana within 4 seconds constantly to get that 2000%. Now it becomes a question of "How can I get more mana regen" Because if you aren't spending any mana, then you're only getting that huge bonus for a brief moment, which could be enough depending on your build. And this is just strictly talking about mana investment only. We haven't even included how much investment you need for 4k life and that 40k ES. Which I'm pretty sure that 40k ES was with the help of another mana guardian or legacy gear. But speculations will be speculations until it comes out for "testing"
Nvm figured it out.
Last edited by SirArrr on Dec 8, 2019, 8:51:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info