[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
This built is my first candidate as a league starter but how about fast clearing?

According to new mechanics you have to kill fast.
As I understand, with this built you have to kill in order sentinels appear.
Sentinels are single target minions, strong but without an AOE skill.

You got to go fast to get hits inn, race the minions(kinda makes it funner also). before the minions clear everything. Rembmer there is a chance to spawn them when you hit a rare of unqiue enemy, usaly there is not a problem.

The sentinels got shield charge and ground slam skill so they got aoe skills but they are on cd so not up at all time.
"
St3rL3rd wrote:
Is Dominating blow a viable skill to use with this build? Or is Blade Vortex the really only solid choice?

I figured dominating blow had some good synergies but maybe not with the cold point daggers?

Any thoughts on play style between strictly Herald of Purity with BV vs. other Dominating Blow builds with Herald of Purity?

Need help deciding which will be my main build/skill.

I would think maybe some stuff should be changed for going dominating blow with this build posted here.

I went dominating blow/herald of purity based build this league (3.9) transitioned into low life later on when got currency, but guess that will work not as good this league as a few of the items gets nerfed around low life guardian.

I just placed the herald of purity in the 6 link with dominating blow making both a 5 link settup. The only problem was that stuff often died so fast that i did not get the herald sentinels up before boss figths. as the mininons from the dominating blow masacred the enemies and i had to try to keep up with them to get a hit on the enemeis to refresh the summons.

I think i will go for more of this build this league and try to implement dominating blow at one stage and see what i transition into late game when the I get currency. As the low life got quite expensive in the end, but was realy fun non the less. And dident feel i strugled to get there it transitioned nicly.

(most expensive build i have made myself in any league, lots of luck on finding exalt and high value items around yellow maps)
Damn, the Feeding Frenzy nerf killed HoP Guardian as my league starter... On one hand you need it for the Sentinels to not have shitty and slow AI. On the other hand it now gives no more damage...

I can just imagine how frustrating the normal HoP AI is for the Delirium league mechanic.

Guess I gotta figure out a new starter.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 11, 2020, 10:29:14 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
Damn, the Feeding Frenzy nerf killed HoP Guardian as my league starter... On one hand you need it for the Sentinels to not have shitty and slow AI. On the other hand it now gives no more damage...

I can just imagine how frustrating the normal HoP AI is for the Delirium league mechanic.

Feeding frenzy is still worth it... Yeah the nerf sucks because we lose 14% more damage but it still gives aggressive ai, 10% more damage, 15% attack and movement speed. The cluster jewels are nuts so this build will be stronger than before.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
what weapons and rings to use at the start of the league????
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Feeding frenzy is still worth it... Yeah the nerf sucks because we lose 14% more damage but it still gives aggressive ai, 10% more damage, 15% attack and movement speed. The cluster jewels are nuts so this build will be stronger than before.

Well, HoP would get the 10% more damage and 15% attack and movement speed anyways, just from linking our Golem with FF. So, effectively the only thing FF on our HoP gives us is the aggressive AI. Dunno, while I realize the Sentinels suck without the aggro AI, it simply feels really bad to use a link just for that.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 11, 2020, 11:25:52 AM
Will this guide be updated before League Start?
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Well, HoP would get the 10% more damage and 15% attack and movement speed anyways, just from linking our Golem with FF. So, effectively the only thing FF on our HoP gives us is the aggressive AI. Dunno, while I realize the Sentinels suck without the aggro AI, it simply feels really bad to use a link just for that.
yeah true but the build is still super powerful and buffed with pure Agony and other cluster jewels. I must say I expected more nerfs
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Thanks for replying on the forum. I saw you were posting in both forums of the league starter that I am trying to choose between. Can you add a little more details between going with Bashtart’s build vs. Ghazzy?

You mentioned you were thinking of building a hybrid Dominating Blow and Herald of Purity as well? I’ve never done a build like this so I need to know how to league start and would love an idea of how to transition to end game. I usually only make 1 character per league. So I am thinking this could be a good league start but also good end game farmer.

Bashtart feel free to chime in your thoughts too!!! Great build guide btw I’m very excited to start with your build this next league or maybe a close variation with Ghazzys. I’m still curious on if there is any difference in play style focusing on a 6-link Herald of Purity vs. a 6-link Dominating Blow or combining both together in some sort of 5-link and freeing up a 4-link for something else.
Last edited by St3rL3rd on Mar 11, 2020, 12:05:44 PM
"
bashtart wrote:
yeah true but the build is still super powerful and buffed with pure Agony and other cluster jewels. I must say I expected more nerfs

Mhh, yea thats true. I guess support swapping would be possible too. Melee Splash and Feeding Frenzy for clear speed, swapping to Melee Phys and Minion Damage for single target.

Planning to go the Brutality+Impale route btw. Can't run any auras anyways until I get Circle of Guilt, so Dread Banner and 6L HoP with HoP+Brutality+Impale+Multistrike+Melee Phys+Minion Damage is my current plan. With the above mentioned swaps for clearing.

Not sure yet what Auras to run when I get the reduced reservation CoG's. Flesh and Stone+Maim would be pretty much the best choice I think. And then Pride once I get an Enlighten 3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info