3.8Self cast Ball Lightning Hierophant - 14k ehp, 12kehp/second, 8 million shaper dps

patch notes are out

Shock is better vs high health bosses, worse vs low health enemies - a buff vs single target bosses, and might make elemental proliferation not as good?

orb of storms nerf(5% damage, 2% activation rate)

Inspiration support nerfed- loss of at least 5% damage

multimod nerfed- only 3 mods allowed now. makes getting an inspiration staff more expensive, since we will have to alt/regal 2 good mods instead of one.

increased maximum mana mod on helmet nerfed- maxed at 15 not 20

elemental penetration shaper amulet mod nerfed- can only roll up to 7, not 10. This makes a shaper amulet only a ~1.5% damage boost over choir of the storm, taking lightning bolt into account. Shaper amulet is now really low priority if you bother at all

Added chaos damage elder amulet mod gutted, dont use this lol

small nerfs overall? build was so strong before we will pull through just fine. Judging by the crying on reddit right now I think we fared better than most
Last edited by lildudespider3 on Dec 11, 2019, 7:41:56 AM
What do you think about the new life/ES/mana related uniques in Metamorph like "The Ivory Tower"

Ivory tower looks worthless to me- we don't reserve life? chaos damage taken from mana before life is useless, We already have more mind over matter effect than we can use. Only mod I like is the energy shield regen but It could never replace the 1000+ ehp cloak of defiance gives

Crown of the inward eye- Damage on this helmet is comparable to a fossil crafted helmet. Loses mana but gains energy shield and life for a small net ehp gain over a rare helmet. Has the same issue as mind of the council where it would be impossible to find the best enchantment, so I would use a rare helmet over this unless it was really cheap. Mind of the council is usually better than either option of course

I dont really get why you get the Amplify passive its 2 passives for 20% increased AOE. Isnt it better to get something else like maximum power charges?

If you look on path of building those 2 nodes are enough to add +1 radius to ball lightning, which can never have enough aoe.

Adding a power charge is 2 points for less than 2% damage, which is really bad. 2 cast speed nodes by the witch give 3.3% for example

A leveling guide would be really helpful, especially as a starter build.

Ill give this some thought and add it to the guide.
Last edited by lildudespider3 on Dec 11, 2019, 7:24:32 AM
What is the new BiS rare weapon for this build?
What do you think about the new Unique Shield, Manastorm?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Manastorm
I dont think it's better than Pledge but, maybe a quick swap before boss to maximize early damage?

Or a new build entirely? have been playing with this idea but, staff nodes are just in a too good of a position so... yeah.
"
Seddorf wrote:
What do you think about the new Unique Shield, Manastorm?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Manastorm
I dont think it's better than Pledge but, maybe a quick swap before boss to maximize early damage?

Or a new build entirely? have been playing with this idea but, staff nodes are just in a too good of a position so... yeah.
I think your tree needs to have EB allocated to use this shield properly.
"
6_din_49 wrote:
I think your tree needs to have EB allocated to use this shield properly.

so far i had no mana problems. Crazy mana regen helps lol.
Are you trying this as well?
Hi, what do you think about taking the agnostic on this build?
How hard\expensive is it to gear this char? It looks very gear dependent.
thx.
AW 8 viable ? someone kill it with this build?
1st post tells us to use lvl 1 CWDT, but POB has 21 lvl wtf?
Someone actually played this build or should I stick with momeme?
Last edited by ShatteredEssence on Jan 5, 2020, 4:42:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info