[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

hello and thanks fr update.. just wonder if there is any mapmods that should be rerolled?? thanks in advice
MM so many changes,
no brand, no energy shield...

i remember when the core of this build was Dot or Cold Dot, now is spell damage.

So many questions over there. Why not aegis aurora? Is evasion so worth than that shield?
what about shavronne wraphs? or Rime Gaze?

We dont use Hatred?

Wintertide Brand was the reason Cold DoT was so fun, now you made the same build people made last league. Make sure you use 3 different damage skills on the mob + curse + Frost Bomb. It's 5 Button gameplay (6 with Vaal Cold Snap).

Welp rip one of my favorite builds.
i got a PoB from an earlyier version just need to find more mana reservation effiency and all should be good. still cant see the new weapons and nodes we can put on them yet but it seems they will help alot and/or save us some points here and there maybe. for the time being im dropping banner till i can make up for the 1-3% ish life reservation and possibly some mana too. as for the damage it seems oka lower than other other leagues but again new weapon talent trees could help with this.

occultist wintertide brand PoB ofc:)
Last edited by supertaffer on Apr 5, 2023, 5:58:40 AM
Wintertide brand and ES is why I loved this build. This kinda sucks. =/
Are there any good uniques to be targeting with this build?
"
supertaffer wrote:
i got a PoB from an earlyier version just need to find more mana reservation effiency and all should be good. still cant see the new weapons and nodes we can put on them yet but it seems they will help alot and/or save us some points here and there maybe. for the time being im dropping banner till i can make up for the 1-3% ish life reservation and possibly some mana too. as for the damage it seems oka lower than other other leagues but again new weapon talent trees could help with this.

occultist wintertide brand PoB ofc:)

I also plan to reuse the Wintertide brand Occultist build. I much prefer ES/Block/Armour over Life/Evasion and I like the brand playstyle. Replacing the Clarity mastery with the 12% mana reservation efficiency and moving the Discipline efficiency mastery point to a mana node gave me the same unreserved mana as 3.20. If you're fine with a bit less mana, the reservation mastery has a lot of good options (+8% damage per aura, +1% max all res, etc).

We lose 20% reduced curse effect, but this build was overcapped if you had a curse effect flask up anyway. In exchange, we get 10% phys as chaos for CI builds or a good chunk of ES for Shav's build, if you use Armour/ES bases for your rares.

We lose the extra -5% cold resistance on exposure, but you can get -18% resistance from the elemental mastery if you really want. Otherwise, there are some good options like +1% max cold res.

If anyone else has some input for adapting the Occultist brand to 3.21 I'd like to hear it. There doesn't seem to be any major changes to the build from 3.20, so it's a shame to see the build get completely wiped. If anything, this new 3.21 version should just be a separate build.
Switching the Clarity mastery with the 12% mana reservation efficiency, seems to mostly fix the mana reservation issues, as far as I can tell.

"
TurboLeopard wrote:

We lose 20% reduced curse effect, but this build was overcapped if you had a curse effect flask up anyway. In exchange, we get 10% phys as chaos for CI builds or a good chunk of ES for Shav's build, if you use Armour/ES bases for your rares.

What is the 10% physical as chaos change that you mention here? I assume we can take 10 % of physical damage, as chaos damage, sounds pretty good. Also, where does the extra ES for Shav's build come from?

Where did we lose the 20% reduced curse effect?

I am also curious about any other potential changes that could be made to the build. I agree the reservation masteries look interesting. There is also a new ice cluster with Glacial Cage and Winter's Embrace, but they don't seem worth taking though.

I tried to export the old build, in case anyone needs it: https://pobb.in/pgdjBZJq_P68
"
Acidian56 wrote:

What is the 10% physical as chaos change that you mention here? I assume we can take 10 % of physical damage, as chaos damage, sounds pretty good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3361403#passiveskilltreemasterychanges

10% of phys as chaos is free if you're specced as CI.

"(New) 10% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Chaos Damage"

"
Acidian56 wrote:

Also, where does the extra ES for Shav's build come from?

This is also from the new masteries.

"(New) 100% increased Armour and Energy Shield from Equipped Body Armour if Equipped Gloves, Helmet and Boots all have Armour and Energy Shield"

"
Acidian56 wrote:

Where did we lose the 20% reduced curse effect?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3361403#removedmasteries

"20% reduced Effect of Curses on you"
Thank you, I really did try to find those changes with ctrl + f in the patch notes, but I still couldn't see them. I didn't realize all the removed masteries were only visible if you clicked the show more button, I was hunting for them in the PoB tree.

I think both those masteries seem worth taking. I will definitely try out the 10% of physical damage from hits taken as chaos damage one.

Molten Shell got nerfed, but as far as I can tell, there is no reason to remove it or switch it with another defense skill, as all the other ones are pretty bad. I would have liked it if they also buffed some of the other skills.
Last edited by Acidian56 on Apr 6, 2023, 4:15:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info