[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hey! I just started this today. Have some Q’s. Hope y’all got some A’s.

Can I go straight to LL when I can equip Shav’s? I have about 30ex saved, do you guys have any suggestions on how to invest smartly? I’m wanting to blast juiced t16s with scarabs etc. What items are better crafted than bought?

Thanks!
"
Vadosique wrote:
If go HC with Vaal Cold Snap:
1) what links are good for vaal cold snap (6L)
2) what passives to take instead of brand nodes?

I’ll suggest vortex and vcs on the same 6L
Vortex-Vaal cold snap-awakened elemental focus-empower4-awakened swift affliction-awakened controlled destruction

You’ll save 4 gem slots that way while gaining higher overall DPS.

As for the extra passive points you save, you can invest in cluster jewel for DPS or defence if you need more. Depending on preference.
Someone mentioned you can change sockets on corrupted items with the crafting bench. I had a quick google and saw mention that you unlock them with the other socket options but I dont see any in my crafting bench specifically for corrupted items.
Is it just the normal socket options that also work on corrupted items?
Am I correct to assume you can change socket colour and socket links this way??
Dont want to waste a load of ex on something I cant change the socket set up
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
Someone mentioned you can change sockets on corrupted items with the crafting bench. I had a quick google and saw mention that you unlock them with the other socket options but I dont see any in my crafting bench specifically for corrupted items.

You can definitely change the colours, I did it with my corrupted shavs. And I am sure I saw it mentioned that you can 6-link something (but 1500 vaal orbs ouch). So I assume everything works. Whatever the cost is in chromes, jews, etc it will also be in vaals on top. So 25 chromes is 25 chromes + 25 vaal orbs for a corrupted item.

It is not a new craft, it is the normal craft, but when you put a corrupted item into the window it adds the vaal orb costs on top of the normal costs.
"
kingkano wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

You can definitely change the colours, I did it with my corrupted shavs. And I am sure I saw it mentioned that you can 6-link something (but 1500 vaal orbs ouch). So I assume everything works. Whatever the cost is in chromes, jews, etc it will also be in vaals on top. So 25 chromes is 25 chromes + 25 vaal orbs for a corrupted item.

It is not a new craft, it is the normal craft, but when you put a corrupted item into the window it adds the vaal orb costs on top of the normal costs.

Ah ok thank you.
1500 fusings and vaal orbs. Ouch indeed

Edit: 6 link still shows up as just 1500 fusings so at least thats not to expensive, or maybe thats because mine I am checking on is already 6 linked
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 31, 2022, 3:47:29 AM
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

Ah ok thank you.
1500 fusings and vaal orbs. Ouch indeed

Edit: 6 link still shows up as just 1500 fusings so at least thats not to expensive, or maybe thats because mine I am checking on is already 6 linked

You’ll see the option for corrupted armour when you slot a corrupted armour on the bench. It’s the same craft but just need to pay Vaal orbs on top of the usual fusings to link, or chrome for colours
Had my biggest failure yesterday, just cannot do The Feared lol. That plus the machinarium are the only things to do with the atlas that I haven't completed this league. I did manage atziri by removing my curse button and not hitting the mirror holding statue. But the Feared is just beyond my skill level or not enough DPS :) I'll probably try again before league end. Any tips?
Last edited by kingkano on Mar 31, 2022, 6:31:36 AM
"
kingkano wrote:
Had my biggest failure yesterday, just cannot do The Feared lol. That plus the machinarium are the only things to do with the atlas that I haven't completed this league. I did manage atziri by removing my curse button and not hitting the mirror holding statue. But the Feared is just beyond my skill level or not enough DPS :) I'll probably try again before league end. Any tips?

How much DPS do you have now? I did it white at around 5mil I think. Tactically, you’ll need to remember who is at which position (when they’re still “frozen” at the side) and I’ll prioritise killing Atziri and then Shaper (I hate his degen balls), the rest are quite manageable. Make sure you have high chaos res for Chayula. Keep moving around the arena and let your DOTs do their job.

Then just pray hard that Atziri is not the last to be release especially if you don’t have enough DPS to kill the rest before she comes.
"
kingkano wrote:

I failed at this today as well. Got them all down except cortex who was still at full health. May have done it if I didnt die stupidly twice to atziri at the start by being greedy and trying to burn it down quick.

Sure I will get it next time once I get around to maven witnessing all the fights again
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:

I failed at this today as well. Got them all down except cortex who was still at full health. May have done it if I didnt die stupidly twice to atziri at the start by being greedy and trying to burn it down quick.

Sure I will get it next time once I get around to maven witnessing all the fights again

Cortex is mostly physical and lightning dmg, so I’m surprised she can be a problem since the build is shock immune. But some of her attack has high dmg so maybe you missed those.

Btw, I’m having lots of fun blasting maps with Profane Bloom I think I finally understood why people like to play juiced maps. I’m doing 4 scarabs and 4 sextants (for end game grind) and I can’t explain the satisfaction of seeing the explosions everywhere lol. And I dropped almost all ES node on the tree and still didn’t die once at lvl 99, now at 51%. The 88 all ele res really makes a huge difference to survivability. I really think the build is tanky enough that we don’t need more than 5k ES.
Last edited by hadc on Mar 31, 2022, 7:51:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info