[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
roselan wrote:
"
ArcadeCanuck wrote:
Hello folks

First time playing Shaks Vortex, first time posting in here.

I seem to have all the gear for level 60 and up ready to go
Shav's (I need to 5 link or 6 link)
Prism Guard
Sin Trek
Presence of Chayula
Rime Gaze

Intuitive Leap and Energy from Within

My question is do I equip these items when I can or wait till the passive tree is more filled out from better use out of these items.

The main thing is to have enough reduced mana reservation on the 2 aura wheels to equip Hatred, Malevolence and Zealotry in your prism guardian. From here you look good to go!

Ok cool, thanks for the reply.
So how do you guys fight Chimera? Literally the only boss that I die against.
is there a way to tech the build to reliably do legions? even with headhunter on i have big trouble breaking the whole legion free in time especially in open maps like dune maps.
"
HatMoney83 wrote:
So how do you guys fight Chimera? Literally the only boss that I die against.

when he goes invisible I just dash between the smoke clouds dropping vortexes until I find him. you can also cold snap one of the clouds that's far away from you. I think I only died to him once, even when my dps was much lower than it is now. What exactly is giving you problems with him?
"
rnbounty wrote:
is there a way to tech the build to reliably do legions? even with headhunter on i have big trouble breaking the whole legion free in time especially in open maps like dune maps.

I do not really know much about legion having skipped that league, but do you get something special if you tag all the mobs before they revive? I just dash to everything that has a symbol on their head then turn on vaal cold snap and run around a bit. That seems to get all the big stuff, but definitely not all the mobs.
I've never played Vortex before, but I'm considering it as my next league starter.

If someone could help figure out a couple of things I'd greatly appreciate

1. What's the investment necessary to do red maps? Can it be done with just the items we find without relying on buying stuff worth a few ex?

2. What's the investment necessary for doing AW8/9 Sirus

3. Can the build do 100% delirium maps? From the videos I've seen it looks both slow as well as weird to play. If you have to jump in a pack, drop vortex and run out before you die. Compared to other build where you just hit stuff in front of you....

4. Can the build take advantage of a HH? Or is it kinda useless?
Last edited by Cry0nicS on Mar 20, 2021, 2:17:41 PM
"
Cry0nicS wrote:
I've never played Vortex before, but I'm considering it as my next league starter.

If someone could help figure out a couple of things I'd greatly appreciate

1. What's the investment necessary to do red maps? Can it be done with just the items we find without relying on buying stuff worth a few ex?

2. What's the investment necessary for doing AW8/9 Sirus

3. Can the build do 100% delirium maps? From the videos I've seen it looks both slow as well as weird to play. If you have to jump in a pack, drop vortex and run out before you die. Compared to other build where you just hit stuff in front of you....

4. Can the build take advantage of a HH? Or is it kinda useless?

1. Really not much. I league start with it and usually only buy day 1 or 2:
- a trigger wand or service
- a ring for 1c to complete my resists
- a corrupted 6L for 10-20c

Days 3-4:
- a lv21 vortex gem (0 qual) for 1ex
- a cinderswallow for 1-2ex (essential!)
- 5L shav for 2-3ex.

Days 5-10:
- a 6L shav (8 ex)
- first cluster (3-8ex for large + 2 medium + 2 small)
- awakened support gem (6-7 ex total)
- a decent wand/scepter (2-4ex)
- a +1/+2 to spell with t1/t2 cdot amulet.
- good gear for 1-4ex apiece
- a mark of the shaper for 1ex

After that you enter in GG gear where everything is 10+ ex.

2. It depends so much on your skill/knowledge of the fight. Personally by the time I reach AW8/9 Sirus I'm low life with like 4-6M Dps. In CI, I would definitely make sure I have lot's of block, 8kes, fast recharge start and be ailment immune because it will be a long long fight.

3. I play a version with cyclone - cwc - gmp - frostbolt in fortify boots. 100% Delirium maps at full dps (12m) are pretty smooth, but my gear is mirror tier. I might upload a video later, but will ask a friend for a map cause I can't bother to roll one. The CI version doesn't have the dps but it's nearly immortal (first time Kosis and me spent like half an hour trying to dps each other down XD).

4. No. Apart move speed, ES and the occasional proxy shield, cdot is hard to scale as not much affects it. And that's why it's so good to league start with as it's pretty self-sufficient. It's both it's blessing and it's curse.
Last edited by roselan on Mar 21, 2021, 4:57:23 AM
Nice gloves roselan, did some upgrades too.Sirus A9 is a joke.
Finally I killed A8/9 Sirus. Less panic, more dash and culling strike helped me. On xbox realm, item prices are really crazy! Because of that min max is almost impossible here.
Hey helpful folks. This is my second time playing this build and had a great time min/maxing it. Trying to finish up my 36 challenges now while making small improvements where I can find them.

At this point, I would appreciate any feedback you all can offer to improve things further. Mostly, just need to know if I am missing anything obvious in my tree/gems/gear, etc.

Damage seems good, but the occasional one-shots still happen. At 7900es right now and can't find a way to get above 8k. Anyway, love the build and would appreciate any feedback you all can offer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info