[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:

You can craft Aspect in boots and keep the Int on amulet don't worry if that's what you want. But crafting Aspect on your amulet also gives you the possibility to craft 20% increased ES which also boost the bonus damage that Tranquility gives and your overall ES value.

For me, losing 30 int for 20% ES adds about 130 ES and costs me about 2600 damage. Doesn't seem like a great tradeoff.
Found my second Synthesis Boss with Zana, long time after i found the first one (which was low level)

This one was level 83 and you can see in the video how it went :)

Spin_On_Ice vs Twisted Distant Memory(lv 83)

"
Graiaule wrote:

For me, losing 30 int for 20% ES adds about 130 ES and costs me about 2600 damage. Doesn't seem like a great tradeoff.

Did you take in consideration crafting also Aspect of the Spider on the amulet? You wont loose damage you will get more damage.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 7, 2019, 4:04:23 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Found my second Synthesis Boss with Zana, long time after i found the first one (which was low level)

This one was level 83 and you can see in the video how it went :)

Spin_On_Ice vs Twisted Distant Memory(lv 83)

Sorry, but that took way too long. Git gud. :-)
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

Good, I will do that actually, craft on the amulet as you suggest, as soon as I allocate sovereignity so I can run Aspect - Flesh and stone, arctic armour and discipline right?

You may need also i think 1 or 2 corrupted fertile mind or brute force with 1% mana reserved as implicit if i am not mistaken so you remain with around 100+ mana to cast skills. I have 1 and now i only have 93 mana unreserved which is ok

It gives a nice option to have no mana problems and you can use nearly all mana.

so i have no more the problem that i dont realise that it is a no mana regen map from zana and have only one portal and no mana flask :-(

another question. If i have a pair of boots with 55 int and 35 ms speed. But the spider for the aspect has lvl 77 the text says that the item what will the result of the beastcrafting will have lvl 77 after. Did this change any of the mods as lvl 77 boots cant have 55 int ?
"
Chridian wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

Good, I will do that actually, craft on the amulet as you suggest, as soon as I allocate sovereignity so I can run Aspect - Flesh and stone, arctic armour and discipline right?

You may need also i think 1 or 2 corrupted fertile mind or brute force with 1% mana reserved as implicit if i am not mistaken so you remain with around 100+ mana to cast skills. I have 1 and now i only have 93 mana unreserved which is ok

I'll try my best to get a hold of that as well then.
Just finished the great vaaling of 2019 with around 30 rings or so xD

so youre really really lucky. Vaaled over 60 rings so far and dont get one with %int on it. :-(
"
lilianmarius wrote:

"
Graiaule wrote:

Did you take in consideration crafting also Aspect of the Spider on the amulet? You wont loose damage you will get more damage.

Why does it matter which item the Aspect is crafted on?

From POB on my char, Shaper dps, 3 stacks of spider (the 2600 damage above was non-Shaper dps):

1. Aspect on boots, 30 int on amulet: 61353 dps, 2430 int, 9691 ES
2. Aspect on boots, 20% ES on amulet: 59448 dps, 2377 int, 9822 ES

"
Graiaule wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

You can craft Aspect in boots and keep the Int on amulet don't worry if that's what you want. But crafting Aspect on your amulet also gives you the possibility to craft 20% increased ES which also boost the bonus damage that Tranquility gives and your overall ES value.

it's all about choices

Crafting Aspect on amulet instead of those 30 Intelligence (crafted) - this way he can still craft 20% ES on his amulet (he had free prefix) and have a free suffix on future boots in which he can craft +20 dual resistances/+35 single resistances, even 17 str+int/17 dex+int if he needs Str or Dex

Crafting Aspect on boots, he only gets 30 Intelligence already crafted on amulet.

Now if you ask me if 30 Intelligence is better than 20% increased ES + free suffix (on boots), hmmm i would take 20% increased ES + free suffix (on boots) all the time.

This is what i did in my gear, i crafted Aspect instead of 30 Intelligence on amulet.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 7, 2019, 6:30:32 PM
OK, I see your point, lilian.
still verry unhappy with this bullshit league mechanic. Sometimes all things go smooth and also with 2 bosses there is no problem with the pump. Sometimes there are no mobs near the pump and suddenly the pump dies. There is for me no control in this mechanic. I hate things like this. The only guys i saw with no problems are the minion guys. And (in groups i join to see how other people deal with the mechanic)also there sometimes the pump dies without any mob on the minimap.

blighted maps i never finish one. mostly in the last 20 sec the pump dies.

i will perhaps end this league as its the most frustrating i ever played. Also the dmg and equip is really good for my situation i have no control.
"
still verry unhappy with this bullshit league mechanic. Sometimes all things go smooth and also with 2 bosses there is no problem with the pump. Sometimes there are no mobs near the pump and suddenly the pump dies. There is for me no control in this mechanic. I hate things like this. The only guys i saw with no problems are the minion guys. And (in groups i join to see how other people deal with the mechanic)also there sometimes the pump dies without any mob on the minimap.

blighted maps i never finish one. mostly in the last 20 sec the pump dies.

i will perhaps end this league as its the most frustrating i ever played. Also the dmg and equip is really good for my situation i have no control.

Let me give you some advices regarding interacting with the Blight events:

You can use 5L Winter Orb + Spell Cascade instead of Cyclone and stay near the pomp and spam Winter Orb in a 360 degrees area. This way you can still upgrade the towers nearby easily while Winter Orb and Icestorms take care of all the mobs in a 360 degree area. That's what i use in Blighted maps since spinning with Cyclone and a lot of mobs make my game running very slow to the point that i can't even click on towers to upgrade them.

Another option to improve your clearing speed of Blight encounters is the use of Rampage mechanic.

I started to use this permanently lately as a weapon swap triggering (Sinvicta Mettle as a weapon in 2nd weapon slot to trigger Rampage) and oh boy when Rampage starts to build up the mobs are melting around like nothing. Also you get a lot of increased movement speed and damage from Rampage stacks and you can move with Cyclone with a very high movement speed.

It's very easy to trigger Rampage, i only socketed a Cyclone in Sinvicta Mettle and at the start of the map or at the start of the Blight encounter i Cyclone for a few seconds while spamming Vortexes in a pack a mobs and Rampage is triggered in just few seconds (my Vortexes do a lot of damage themselves) and after that i just switch to my main weapon and continue Cycloning with Rampage like a boss.

Rampage gives you 1% increased movement speed per 20 Rampage kills stacked and 2% increased damage per 20 Ramapage kills stacked.

At 1000 kills(maximum) you get 50% increased movement speed and 100% increased damage.

After you get Rampage up is just easy to maintain it up to 1000 kills and this even with picking drops while you kill mobs. The damage effects triggered with Rampage when a specific number of mobs are killed are just insane, some of them clear an entire Blight encounter area with hundreds of mobs spawned :)

I never had such a good entertainment with IceStorm as i have now when using Rampage with it.

You should see how godly is Rampage in deep delving together with Cyclone and IceStorm where almost in every encounter you hit 1000 Rampage kills.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 8, 2019, 4:26:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info