Question about my Deadeye build

"
poecas wrote:
To improve your survivability, you can replace a few flasks, but its more about armour/evasion and less about ailment immunity. You can get jade flask (+3000 evasion with 100% increased evasion suffix), granite flask (+3000 armour with 100% increased armour suffix) and basalt (+15% physical reduction with bleeding immunity suffix).
You will die from freeze / corrupted blood if you don't implement either gear, jewels or flasks that remove it. Ignite etc. is less dangerous so it can be dropped, but freeze is quite common (for example in delve) and if you don't have anti-freeze gear or ascendancy it will kill you because you'll be paralyzed when frozen and then shattered. I've seen people open lockboxes that have "cast ice nova" property and get 1-shot (unless you indentify every lockbox and skip the ones that freeze / cast ice nova).

I play iron reflexes myself but that's only cuz Vaal Molten Shell is OP (27k+ shield for 13 sec when linked with increased duration). But that requires dropping Acro, making changes to your talent tree and getting decent amount of armor / evasion across your gear, for example I crafted a helmet that is hybrid armor+evasion base and gives 900 combined of both stats. Starkonja is fine though, has high evasion.

You still won't be "1-shot proof" (I got rekt in a red map with -11 max res and double extra ele damage, by a lone white mob I didn't think I need to pop molten shell for, I also died when I cornered myself to the wall after opening legion monolith, so it's important to take advantage of your range when playing range builds), but you're less likely to be 1-shot, however I would not recommend running things like "damage on full life support" as you will be taking constant small hits.

Running a basalt flask instead of sulfur is probably best bet no matter if you run armor or evasion character, as it's "physical damage reduction" so works in either case. I'm also using flesh&stone aura in perma stone stance, it's 11% damage reduction at max rank from anything that isn't inside the circle so it adds up.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
poecas wrote:
To improve your survivability, you can replace a few flasks, but its more about armour/evasion and less about ailment immunity. You can get jade flask (+3000 evasion with 100% increased evasion suffix), granite flask (+3000 armour with 100% increased armour suffix) and basalt (+15% physical reduction with bleeding immunity suffix).
You will die from freeze / corrupted blood if you don't implement either gear, jewels or flasks that remove it. Ignite etc. is less dangerous so it can be dropped, but freeze is quite common (for example in delve) and if you don't have anti-freeze gear or ascendancy it will kill you because you'll be paralyzed when frozen and then shattered. I've seen people open lockboxes that have "cast ice nova" property and get 1-shot (unless you indentify every lockbox and skip the ones that freeze / cast ice nova).

I play iron reflexes myself but that's only cuz Vaal Molten Shell is OP (27k+ shield for 13 sec when linked with increased duration). But that requires dropping Acro, making changes to your talent tree and getting decent amount of armor / evasion across your gear, for example I crafted a helmet that is hybrid armor+evasion base and gives 900 combined of both stats. Starkonja is fine though, has high evasion.

You still won't be "1-shot proof" (I got rekt in a red map with -11 max res and double extra ele damage, by a lone white mob I didn't think I need to pop molten shell for, I also died when I cornered myself to the wall after opening legion monolith, so it's important to take advantage of your range when playing range builds), but you're less likely to be 1-shot, however I would not recommend running things like "damage on full life support" as you will be taking constant small hits.

Running a basalt flask instead of sulfur is probably best bet no matter if you run armor or evasion character, as it's "physical damage reduction" so works in either case. I'm also using flesh&stone aura in perma stone stance, it's 11% damage reduction at max rank from anything that isn't inside the circle so it adds up.

Yes, freeze immunity is important indeed. I said its more about physical damage because he lacks of armour/evasion. He has 2 flask slots left and can easily get freeze immunity from any magic flask. He can also craft "cannot be frozen" on boots, which is rare but quite cheap as well.

There will always be some dangerous maps where monsters can one shot you. I got one shot with 9k life RF Jugg. However, the point is he would feel much safer with high armour and max resistance.
"
Viktranka wrote:
I would defo change these flasks. You only have anti-curse and anti-ignite and you're a deadeye so no ascendancy that removes some debuffs from the table. Inpulsa removes shock, but you should still get anti-freeze flask (being frozen by a lockbox is probably insta death) and anti-bleed flask or a jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" property (more expensive), or you're bound to die from bleeds. You can easily craft whichever immunity you want on the flask using Einhar's bestiary.

If you're dying a lot I would ditch sulfur flask for a more defensive oriented one.

Also these boots are meh, you don't need so much int (you have 180 in pob and you only need 155 for wrath / herald of thunder), you could probably get something with more life, max movement speed and more resistances, as I don't see anything requiring more than 111 str so you could cut that down too. If you're missing attributes you could get them on other slots like neck or quiver.

You should look into getting added elemental damage (pref. lightning since you have the most buffs for lightning damage) on every jewel you have. You have one without any.

You're also missing an ascendancy point, at 92? If for any reason you didn't unlock uber lab, there is a chat channel where people give away lab trials in maps, often even completely for free. With 5,8k life you shouldn't have problem with dying in lab, just don't rush traps.

I imported pob from the guide you said you're following and I see it has bow "The tempest" instead of the one you use. That could also improve your damage. By swapping it in pob it shows to me you'd gain around 30% improvement in damage.

Rest of the damage difference is mostly extra abyss jewels and "pob scam" (pob always counts shocks as maximum power, which massively inflates paper damage of any build that uses shock, Don the Crown made an interesting video on the subject).

However playing a deadeye will always be to an extent "shoot them before they can shoot you", relying on things like Chin Sol / point blank to kill stuff at close range means exposing yourself to more 1-shots than necessary. It's fine with bosses you know what abilities they do and can sidestep them, but while mapping you should try as much as possible to off-screen the mobs. Legion pillar mobs can, and will, 1-shot not only you but much more tankier builds as shown on multiple hardcore rip clips and reddit videos. That's why a lot of people mass farm low lvl maps this league. If you play softcore and don't aim to level to 100 occassional death shouldn't ruin your capability to farm.

I don't think you can get super sturdy with this build, you could look into getting more evasion, phase acrobatics, use steelskin instead of cwdt immortal call, but they won't make you "1-shot proof", you'd have to play something completely different for that.

But as I said, the best defense if offense, playing a bow build means you can often shoot stuff before they even get into your danger zone. Since scourge arrow requires time to cast always try to position yourself in a manner you aren't being hit for 2-3 seconds straight when trying to charge up the arrow.

Btw I'm not an expert but since you said nobody had any ideas so far, I thought I can throw some suggestions - if they don't work for you, feel free to discard them.

Morning Viktranka :D,

As you said, i think it's completely true that i die more than 50% by being frozen opening strongbox and bleeding with corrupted blood. I've changed my flasks to have those mods: freeze and bleeding. It works quite well for now. Thank you :D

About integer and strength, i will try to find some ways to balance those stats for investigating to other stuffs like more life and resistance.

You said: You should look into getting added elemental damage (pref. lightning since you have the most buffs for lightning damage) on every jewel you have. You have one without any. <== Is that the jewel increased % lightning damage? Is it not the same with add lightning damage?

Missing an ascendancy point: yes, i would do it immediately :D

I also switched to The Tempest bow and i see that it increase attack speed very much, so now i can fire scourge arrow way more faster so i can manually dodge attacks easier.

But still i die quite often opening Legion encounter, especially at map tier 14 and above. Could you please give me some kind of Shaped bow that works even better than The Tempest so i can farm currency to buy it?

I'm not that lazy to search for the game mechanics but indeed it's super hard to understand, beside English is another problem to me. So, pardon me. Thank you

"
poecas wrote:
To begin with, the build you are follwing is really squishy. The author's pob shows only 35% evade chance and 1% physical dmg reduction. I'm pretty sure the author also gets one shot like you.

If you want a tanky build, physical damage should always be your biggest concern as it is literally everywhere in the game. And another thing to keep in mind: Evasion is generally worse than armour (a big reason that ranger builds are usually squishy). If you get 80% phy dmg reduction and 6k life, phy dmg can hardly kill you; whereas if you get 80% evade chance, you can still get one shot quite often.

To improve your survivability, you can replace a few flasks, but its more about armour/evasion and less about ailment immunity. You can get jade flask (+3000 evasion with 100% increased evasion suffix), granite flask (+3000 armour with 100% increased armour suffix) and basalt (+15% physical reduction with bleeding immunity suffix). I assume your character is similar to the author's pob, these flasks will grant you 38% phy dmg reduction and 56% evade chance, which is much better than before (still not tanky tho). If you wanna get super tanky, I recommend you drop Acrobatics and take Iron Reflexes. In that case, you will have 89% phy dmg reduction with 3 flasks up and 40% phy dmg reduction without flasks. You will feel super tanky as long as your flasks are up.

Morning poecas,

As you said, i realize now why i can not beat Catarina, Master of Undeath. As the doc:

Carpet Mortar

Deals 931 to Physical Damage
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Skills fire an additional Projectile
X Circle

Deals 931 to 1396 Physical Damage
Soul Mortar

Deals 620.7 to 931 Physical Damage
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Skills fire an additional Projectile
Donut of Destiny

Deals 67.41 to 101.1 Physical Damage
Volatile Object Explode

Deals 387.9 to 581.9 Physical Damage
Rollout

Deals 400% of Damage
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Sideways Carpet Bomb

Deals 633.9 to 950.8 Physical Damage

She does almost physical damage, so the next time i will try to gain more armor facing her. Thanks very much for your suggest
I beat Mastermind with this build

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524064

Just don't get hit, i don't have much armor except Koam's Heart

Keep walk to dodge attack
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info