[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
ZontableZz wrote:
Hi, at the moment I play a Vaal Ice Nova Assassin for farming Glacier. Sadly it is very VERY squishy and I am looking for a solid build to quickly farm Glacier. How does this build interact with the Legion mechanic? Does it clear whole monoliths? If so I really would like to swap to this build cause I like the style of it.

ty

If you're purely into glacier farming, VIN is supposedly better. I did not try it, but that's what I heard.

That said if you want to use ED/Contagion for t2 glaciers, this also isn't the guide for you. A trickster built with zeel's amplifier and a different tree for more AOE will perform much better.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
ZontableZz wrote:
Hi, at the moment I play a Vaal Ice Nova Assassin for farming Glacier. Sadly it is very VERY squishy and I am looking for a solid build to quickly farm Glacier. How does this build interact with the Legion mechanic? Does it clear whole monoliths? If so I really would like to swap to this build cause I like the style of it.

ty

If you're purely into glacier farming, VIN is supposedly better. I did not try it, but that's what I heard.

That said if you want to use ED/Contagion for t2 glaciers, this also isn't the guide for you. A trickster built with zeel's amplifier and a different tree for more AOE will perform much better.

Ty very much!

I have this character as a twink only for glacier, the build should be only for this exact situation. thanks for the explanation.
"
ZontableZz wrote:

Ty very much!

I have this character as a twink only for glacier, the build should be only for this exact situation. thanks for the explanation.

Should be fine, quite tanky too, tried glacier farming and it takes like 2min a map, and i'm still very sloppy when it comes to efficient movement
Check my character, i have been using MF setup to farm arid lake tier 16, it's pretty hard to die too, i rarely die and even then it's because of me jumping head first inside every packs possible.

As for monolith clearing, instead of Hyrri's Ire, you should use a carcass jack, 3 out of 5 clears on glacier i couldn't full clear for some reason, eventho i one shot even the Generals, most likely because lack of AoE for it to chain

Anyway, @Darkxellmc, can you tell me if there's a way for me to increase my damage significantly without changing away from MF gears? I'm sitting at 350k hideout ED dps, 3.8k life / 2.3k ES. But the damage isn't really for my liking (Takes like 10s per arid lake boss and like 30-1min for legion generals occasionally)

I guess at this point only a 6L soulrend or blight on Armour will help
Last edited by tvl257 on Jul 14, 2019, 9:33:53 AM
"
tvl257 wrote:
"
ZontableZz wrote:

Ty very much!

Should be fine, quite tanky too, tried glacier farming and it takes like 2min a map, and i'm still very sloppy when it comes to efficient movement
Check my character, i have been using MF setup to farm arid lake tier 16, it's pretty hard to die too, i rarely die and even then it's because of me jumping head first inside every packs possible.

As for monolith clearing, instead of Hyrri's Ire, you should use a carcass jack, 3 out of 5 clears on glacier i couldn't full clear for some reason, eventho i one shot even the Generals, most likely because lack of AoE for it to chain

Anyway, @Darkxellmc, can you tell me if there's a way for me to increase my damage significantly without changing away from MF gears? I'm sitting at 350k hideout ED dps, 3.8k life / 2.3k ES. But the damage isn't really for my liking (Takes like 10s per arid lake boss and like 30-1min for legion generals occasionally)

There is not much you could do without changing some gear- but I guess swapping to stygian vise can free up a jewel slot for some more damage. Also, and this is probably really high end, you could craft a bow with faceted fossils, and hope to hit +1 to all gems, +1 to strength gems, + to int gems and then multimod, giving you a few more levels than otherwise possible.
Your jewels are good, but not absolutely GG. But to be honest, all these upgrades will be be pretty expensive.
Edit- why did you take the gem slot above the frenzy charge and not over acrobatics?
Last edited by Hzbbaum on Jul 14, 2019, 10:24:41 AM
"
tvl257 wrote:

Looks like it yeah. Hard to go MF and still maintain good damage/survivability ^^
I don't know what you can upgrade, looks pretty minmaxed to me.

"
Hzbbaum wrote:

Edit- why did you take the gem slot above the frenzy charge and not over acrobatics?

This jewel socket is actually slightly better (proj damage doesn't scale ED's dot). I noticed that a bit after finishing writing the guide, but I've been too lazy to update it (the difference is just negligible).
If you plan on pushing for 100, it also makes you closer to alchemist.
I guess so, just want to see if i can do uber elder with MF gears, but i guess until i 6L Hyrri ire and get a soulrend in there, it's gonna be quite a pain to do so i'm just farming t16 arid lake for now

And yeah, i noticed the proj damage to jewel node in PoB and actually wondered why you would take that instead of the nodes below. I just thought that with a maraketh bow, maybe i would need some more dex to make gearing easier. (And some fun trying out timeless jewel)

anyone else tried Doryani's Glorious Vanity?

50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
(Comes from Glorious Vanity when sacrificed in the name of "Doryani")

pretty insane as your ED regen can be applied to HP
beats speccing into both MoM/EB imo
"

My issue with this is basically running out of mana with high reservation with you don't run EB, and if you run EB without MoM you're basically losing EHP. I did this for a while and the you really gain a ton of ES, but going oom really drives me insane
"

I actually did tried this, with this jewel my ES was around 4K I believe with almost no ES investment. I think I swapped out Hyrri for Perfect Form and came off of Acrobatics, I remembered my life and ES was going up and down like a yo-yo, it bothered me enough that I went right back to Hyrri and Phase Acrobatic.

The numbers look great on paper but it just didn't feel good to play with.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jul 14, 2019, 4:19:16 PM
"
david0925 wrote:
"

My issue with this is basically running out of mana with high reservation with you don't run EB, and if you run EB without MoM you're basically losing EHP. I did this for a while and the you really gain a ton of ES, but going oom really drives me insane

i have 15% unreserved mana, around 159 mana
i can cast ed contagion no problem but if ED misses twice in a row i might have to wait for awhile

@above : how can it yoyo when ED per mob gives at least 2100hp/s? ( for me, just looking at tooltip damage and taking 0.5% of it)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info