[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

It's cause of the gems linked with HoA. As I see you can change one of them (for example Damage on Full life for Maim) and it get's to 1% again or you can find corrupted jewels with 1% RMR to fix it. Unless anybody have another better sugestion. ;D

BTW, thanks for the build update, It gave me great insight :D, I think I'm going for the CI first and then transition to the LL version. Just to test them, according to my PoB low life has the problem with chaos damage but looks like it can have more dps.

Something like this will be the one I think I will try:
https://pastebin.com/nzdjr8q3
Last edited by Kemmotar1 on Jun 19, 2020, 5:18:54 AM
"
cheeps69 wrote:
Wow... That's quite a big change to the tree. Definitely interesting to try out The CI version. At least don't need to deal with looking for shavronne early in the league. And since you're using 2 Circle of guilt/nostalgia, I guess the freeze immunity has to come from flask.

They also tease about belt enchantment. Hope that will be useful for this build.

Yes, it is quite a change. But I believe it's for the better :)

Also, for the freeze thing, yes, we'll need a flask, but with Soul of the Brine King + Anointed flesh, we're unaffected by chill, have the duration of freeze halved on us, and can't be chain frozen, so I believe it won't feel too bad either. :)

"
pilou38100 wrote:
i'm having issues transforming your pob for herald of agony. With 2 new perfects circle of nostalgia, it's still coming with -3% of unreserved mana, so i'm asking you, is it possible to still play herald of agony version of this build

Yes, it absolutely is! I'm going to set up a HoA PoB and add it to the guide. :)

Edit: Here it is! https://pastebin.com/7yMtezbB

I'll add it to the PoB section of the guide as well.
Note that you might struggle to stack Virulence without Spiritual Command (making your minions' attack speed increases apply to you); if that's the case, you'll need to choose some nodes to refund to allocate it (5 points needed).

"
Kemmotar1 wrote:
It's cause of the gems linked with HoA. As I see you can change one of them (for example Damage on Full life for Maim) and it get's to 1% again or you can find corrupted jewels with 1% RMR to fix it. Unless anybody have another better sugestion. ;D

BTW, thanks for the build update, It gave me great insight :D, I think I'm going for the CI first and then transition to the LL version. Just to test them, according to my PoB low life has the problem with chaos damage but looks like it can have more dps.

I'd be glad to have someone compare the two versions! Can you let me know what you think of the differences once you try them, please? :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Jun 19, 2020, 9:46:04 AM
I'm planning to start with this build but i'm a bit confused.

You're showing a gear here and another on POB, what's the right one?

Thank you!
"
Kbludoo wrote:
I'm planning to start with this build but i'm a bit confused.

You're showing a gear here and another on POB, what's the right one?

Thank you!

Like I said in the gear section, I'm presenting both the CI version and the LL version, but I haven't added links to the CI gear yet. If you want to build CI, which is what I recommend, you should follow the PoB. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
Like I said in the gear section, I'm presenting both the CI version and the LL version, but I haven't added links to the CI gear yet. If you want to build CI, which is what I recommend, you should follow the PoB. :)

Thank you so much!
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
cheeps69 wrote:
Wow... That's quite a big change to the tree. Definitely interesting to try out The CI version. At least don't need to deal with looking for shavronne early in the league. And since you're using 2 Circle of guilt/nostalgia, I guess the freeze immunity has to come from flask.

They also tease about belt enchantment. Hope that will be useful for this build.

Yes, it is quite a change. But I believe it's for the better :)

Also, for the freeze thing, yes, we'll need a flask, but with Soul of the Brine King + Anointed flesh, we're unaffected by chill, have the duration of freeze halved on us, and can't be chain frozen, so I believe it won't feel too bad either. :)

"
pilou38100 wrote:
i'm having issues transforming your pob for herald of agony. With 2 new perfects circle of nostalgia, it's still coming with -3% of unreserved mana, so i'm asking you, is it possible to still play herald of agony version of this build

Yes, it absolutely is! I'm going to set up a HoA PoB and add it to the guide. :)

Edit: Here it is! https://pastebin.com/7yMtezbB

I'll add it to the PoB section of the guide as well.
Note that you might struggle to stack Virulence without Spiritual Command (making your minions' attack speed increases apply to you); if that's the case, you'll need to choose some nodes to refund to allocate it (5 points needed).

"
Kemmotar1 wrote:

I'd be glad to have someone compare the two versions! Can you let me know what you think of the differences once you try them, please? :)

Sure, It probably take me a little, as with the current pandemic state, my available time out of IRL issues have been reduced, but I'll do my best to try get them up and compare :). The way I have the tree it's just 5 or 6 regrets to get from one to the other, But I lost a little ES. Wich me luck! :)
"
Kemmotar1 wrote:
Sure, It probably take me a little, as with the current pandemic state, my available time out of IRL issues have been reduced, but I'll do my best to try get them up and compare :). The way I have the tree it's just 5 or 6 regrets to get from one to the other, But I lost a little ES. Wich me luck! :)

Of course, IRL stuff always has priority! Just let me know whenever you get the time. :)
Going to try a CI HoA Guardian this league, but I prefer to get poison off a ranged skill rather than Cyclone. I'm finding Storm Burst has a good range and more than enough hit rate - given this is a spell, I'm guessing nothing else benefits from Resolute Technique so I can skip that?
"
Going to try a CI HoA Guardian this league, but I prefer to get poison off a ranged skill rather than Cyclone. I'm finding Storm Burst has a good range and more than enough hit rate - given this is a spell, I'm guessing nothing else benefits from Resolute Technique so I can skip that?

I'm not a fan of the idea, since you won't be able to gain fortify reliably, but if you want to go for it, sure :) Though be sure not to convert all the physical damage to elemental, or you won't be able to poison (unless you add chaos damage). Though I should insist on the fact that this build is basically immortal, so you really don't risk much by applying the poison in melee :)
First of all, Vatinas, thanks for the build guide. It is very well done. I wish more were written and organized like this one.

Second, I just wanted to drop a note to let everyone know that if you happen to be playing on Standard, the Circle of Nostalgia and Circle of Guilt rings were NOT updated to the new values. Therefore, it is still possible to play the HoA version as the old build guide had it.

Applies to Standard Only
Luckily(?) I just started with this build on Wednesday as my ONLY Standard build I plan to play so I had the ability to buy all the gear I need for both the LL/HoA and the CI/HoP versions (both using 6L Heralds and a single Circle ring).

Since I got a free full passive reset, I went ahead and swapped to the CI version and there was an issue with mana reservation. I double and triple checked and unless I have missed something extremely obvious, even with a (now) legacy Circle of Guilt, if you run Herald of Purity, Discipline, and Determination with Champion of the Cause allocated on Astrementis, a Level 4 Enlighten and all of the appropriate skill nodes taken, I needed to reserve 101% of my mana.

There were three options:
1. Buy a now insanely expensive Circle of Guilt with at least 42% reduced reserved mana.
2. Try using Fertile Catalysts on my 40% reduced reserved mana Circle of Guilt and risk it "updating" to the new stats (bricking the build).
3. Spend 3 skill points to unlock a new Jewel Socket in the tree in order to socklet in the unique jewel Conqueror's Efficiency granting me 2% reduced mana reserved.

I went with option number 3 originally, but then I got curious. I bought a "cheap" (2EX) legacy Circle of Guilt that had 40% reduced reserved mana and used a catalyst. SUCCESS!!! So I went ahead and bought 20 Fertile Catalysts to use and brought my well-rolled ring up to 48% reduced mana reserved and was able to drop the Conqueror's Efficiency jewel.

Next, a question: How important is Spiritual Aid on the tree? Other than killing worms, we don't really need to worry about our damage do we? or are we taking it for the minion accuracy?
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Last edited by GingerBeast on Jun 21, 2020, 6:23:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info