[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

"
kroovin wrote:
I'm trying this in standard and also found the damage not quite living up to what the pob link in the op would suggest. With ~20m uber dps we should be obliterating regular eater or exarch, but we just aren't. Looking at how the pob is configured it's clear there are some dps warrior tactics going on here.

Particularly, the soul eater stacks setting which in the pob provided is set to a max of 55. This more than doubles the full dps with it set to 0. The problem is Soul Ascension only allows you to gain 2 stacks per second. So it would take almost 30 seconds of you (not your totems) hitting a rare or unique enemy nonstop to reach 55 stacks.

At the start of a fight you are significantly weaker with 0 stacks.

I'm a little skeptical we reliably reach 15 wither stacks as well with just Nature's Reprisal and how fragile the totems are, but not sure how to test this. This is another dubious bonus to your dps. Set it to something like 7 and your damage plummets once again.

It's still a fun build though and quite tanky.

Well yea obviously when you arent ramped you do less damage, but you will ramp eventually, and it mostly just matters for hard content not easy one like pinnacles anyway.

For wither, single shot from 6 ballistas full stacks the wither due to the multihits even at 25% chance so its basically impossible to not be at full wither stacks all the time even at 0 soul ascension stacks and totems perma dying as all it needs is 1 shot.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Aug 24, 2024, 2:21:22 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the build.

I dropped a Lock early league and while I don't have much time to play, it helped kick off the build.
I still need to get Progenesis flask and gloves, but just chilling and taking my time. Next up is gloves and amulet annoint. Build still does ok even with Snakebite.
I need better bow, quiver etc. So lots of damage and EHP to come.
Last edited by krad_nz on Aug 24, 2024, 8:40:01 PM
I keep losing my dark marionettes. Super annoying!

Also they now take 4s to respawn. Thinking holy relic might be more consistent, but no auto re-summon... We need a better way to get Malevolence aura but I don't think there are any other options?
Last edited by krad_nz on Sep 2, 2024, 3:35:52 AM
I would get a better rolled life flask. You're leaving a lot of minion life recovery on the table with only 108%. Otherwise try to keep your life flask active all the time in combat. And level up your Raise Specter gem.

Reduced flask charges gained/life recovery map mods are gonna be a bad time though.

PSA for those playing this build, you can drop the +30 flat life mastery node and instead take the 5% increased life/10% evasion node next to Revenge of the Hunted for possibly more hp. It's within radius of Thread of Hope and within range of The Light of Meaning jewel so you get 6% increased chaos damage as well.

I've started using +1 frenzy charge Embalmer gloves and only swapping to Soul Ascension for bosses where it's easy to maintain soul eater. Uber Shaper/Elder are examples of where it's easy to maintain. Uber Atziri is an example of where the gloves are useless. Too many windows where you can't damage her. Uber Sirus too. Both gloves have similar chaos res so it's an easy swap.
"
krad_nz wrote:
I keep losing my dark marionettes. Super annoying!

Also they now take 4s to respawn. Thinking holy relic might be more consistent, but no auto re-summon... We need a better way to get Malevolence aura but I don't think there are any other options?

i had the same problem even with a pretty decent Lifeflask with like 190ish recovery for Minions, its super annoying.

so, i got myself an Wilma´s with Skill Gem Reservation Multiplier. Plus an lvl 4 Enlighten and an Eternal Struggle/Rare Amulet with 10% MRE enables u to get rid of that setup and just use Malevolence as an extra aura.

i can only encourage u guys to try it if u dont like the spectre/holy relic setup.

other than that the build works pretty well for T16 and all content, i just struggle with T17 juiced farmin cause the Totems die way to fast..
"
GenBroJoe wrote:
i had the same problem even with a pretty decent Lifeflask with like 190ish recovery for Minions, its super annoying.

so, i got myself an Wilma´s with Skill Gem Reservation Multiplier. Plus an lvl 4 Enlighten and an Eternal Struggle/Rare Amulet with 10% MRE enables u to get rid of that setup and just use Malevolence as an extra aura.

i can only encourage u guys to try it if u dont like the spectre/holy relic setup.

other than that the build works pretty well for T16 and all content, i just struggle with T17 juiced farmin cause the Totems die way to fast..

That actually sounds like good idea. Are you still running haste, purity of ice, and petrified blood? I just punched the numbers in pob, but it looks like I'd have only 41 unreserved mana with 10% (12 with fertile catalysts) efficiency on the amulet.

And because the mana efficiency mod on eternal struggle is eater of worlds you also lose the 15% culling strike the amulet gives to exarch dominance. I could get a lower tier like 9% (10 with catalysts) or 8% (9 with catalysts) but then I'd have even less unreserved mana. How much unreserved do you have with that setup?

I have to sacrifice a ring slot to get additional curse because standard league. So it probably works better for you guys that can get additional curse on your bow.
"
kroovin wrote:
"
GenBroJoe wrote:

That actually sounds like good idea. Are you still running haste, purity of ice, and petrified blood? I just punched the numbers in pob, but it looks like I'd have only 41 unreserved mana with 10% (12 with fertile catalysts) efficiency on the amulet.

And because the mana efficiency mod on eternal struggle is eater of worlds you also lose the 15% culling strike the amulet gives to exarch dominance. I could get a lower tier like 9% (10 with catalysts) or 8% (9 with catalysts) but then I'd have even less unreserved mana. How much unreserved do you have with that setup?

I have to sacrifice a ring slot to get additional curse because standard league. So it probably works better for you guys that can get additional curse on your bow.

Additional curse on bow is pretty expensive. I suspect most can't afford it.
Getting 2 ancestral preservation nodes helps keep totems alive in juiced maps.
I got 1 from medium cluster and another on a megalomaniac.

As long as they get 1 shot off, you should be good. Either way you should keep spamming totems to get soul eater stacks.
"
kroovin wrote:
"
GenBroJoe wrote:

That actually sounds like good idea. Are you still running haste, purity of ice, and petrified blood?

well i should have explained this further, i still use Purity of Ice in my ring for extra gemlvls - so i leave it as it is.

My Wilma´s setup is Pertified Blood + Haste/Grace + Malevolence + Enlighten Lvl 4.

and yeah i use an Rare Amulett with 10% MRE. i used an Eternal Struggle before.

Sure i lose the mods from the Eternal Struggle but i worked my way around that too with an Culling Strike Support in my Bow Setup. so my Bow got: StormRain + Greater Multiple Proj Support + Manaforged Arrow Support + Flame Dash + Culling Strike Support + LifeTap Support.

oh and btw i work with 28 unreserved mana right now :D. but i plan to get a better Wilma´s with 80% MRE.
As mentioned, got a Wilma´s with 80% MRE and now i work with over 100 mana, so seems pretty good and i can do whatever i want for curse setup without the marionettes.

try it if u want.

thanks and ss exiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info