3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

Made quite a bit of headway yesterday, feeling pretty good overall but still can just get one shot in the hesits.

Needa update my cluster jewels / jewels I'm kinda struggling for fire res right now because I was using cold fossils to help craft some things

Spoiler

I have an upgraded neck I'm about to socket in once the incubator pops

Spoiler

Would love to hear your thoughts - I do still need to upgrade pantheons that's on my to do list.
"
Viris wrote:
Made quite a bit of headway yesterday, feeling pretty good overall but still can just get one shot in the hesits.

Needa update my cluster jewels / jewels I'm kinda struggling for fire res right now because I was using cold fossils to help craft some things

Would love to hear your thoughts - I do still need to upgrade pantheons that's on my to do list.

Looks pretty good for upgrades i wouldn't have much input on what else to upgrade, as for getting oneshot in heists, i haven't played this build in heist so i can't really speak to it - Most of what i get killed by in heists is just taking risks or throwing my face at a stacked door, so most likely just playstyle adjustments would be your best bet.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
So man, how are you feeling regarding the new Deadeye ascendancy? Personally, I think if I could get the shields to consistently bounce off walls back to the enemy, using Fork/Awakened Fork for 2/4 shields instead of the 1, plus the Sniper's Mark split into multiple projectiles (though I am currently unaware whether this requires valid targets/if terrain will count as valid targets for Deadeye with the new Chain ascendancy). As for other choices, I get that Gale is a given, probably Mark for the Bossing and bit of damage mitigation on packs, and the Chain ascendancy, but what would you consider for fourth ascendancy? Is the "less damage taken with Gale Winds" but "lose all Gale Winds when hit" worth it when this build stacks armor over evasion and dodge? Or is one of the other ascendancies more worth it? (Disregarding the Bleed and Mirage Archers ascendancies, as neither work well with current build).
"
Metaleye wrote:
So man, how are you feeling regarding the new Deadeye ascendancy? Personally, I think if I could get the shields to consistently bounce off walls back to the enemy, using Fork/Awakened Fork for 2/4 shields instead of the 1, plus the Sniper's Mark split into multiple projectiles (though I am currently unaware whether this requires valid targets/if terrain will count as valid targets for Deadeye with the new Chain ascendancy). As for other choices, I get that Gale is a given, probably Mark for the Bossing and bit of damage mitigation on packs, and the Chain ascendancy, but what would you consider for fourth ascendancy? Is the "less damage taken with Gale Winds" but "lose all Gale Winds when hit" worth it when this build stacks armor over evasion and dodge? Or is one of the other ascendancies more worth it? (Disregarding the Bleed and Mirage Archers ascendancies, as neither work well with current build).

I have literally no idea about this build in the new patch, it's going to take a lot of testing in actual gameplay to see if it's even remotely viable. I'd for now until i can actually test things consider the build kinda dead for single-target, it'll still be a clearspeed monster.
sooo those patch notes looking pretty nice for shield throw tho O.O
You can tell that SST Deadeye is off meta when they remove the increased damage for remaining Chains ascendancy, then attach a lesser version of it back onto a more common skill for it like Cobra Lash.

I guess it makes sense though, considering SST gets chains off a threshold jewel, not inherently like Cobra Lash.

I wonder how much of an increase getting an extra 30 damage at level 20, plus an increase of 200 damage (based on a 3000 armor/evasion shield) actually translates to.
Last edited by Metaleye on Jan 12, 2021, 10:25:02 PM
I considered playing SST this league as a starter again. Played it when it was released because I just love the fantasy about it. I even played it recently in the endless delve event even though I knew I wouldn't get Divide and Conquer. It still was fun to play and I considered playing it as a league starter again this time. Now I dunno what to do. Deadeaye seems less appealing but SST got buffs and I'm wondering if another ascendency would be better (like Ascendant or Glad). Any thoughts on what currently might be the best bet to make a strong SST character?
"
michaeljm22 wrote:
sooo those patch notes looking pretty nice for shield throw tho O.O

Not exactly as mentioned previous it lost Deadeye's +50% more damage in single-target on an already poor single-target build. Everything other than single-target it's nice though.

"
Metaleye wrote:
You can tell that SST Deadeye is off meta when they remove the increased damage for remaining Chains ascendancy, then attach a lesser version of it back onto a more common skill for it like Cobra Lash.

I guess it makes sense though, considering SST gets chains off a threshold jewel, not inherently like Cobra Lash.

I wonder how much of an increase getting an extra 30 damage at level 20, plus an increase of 200 damage (based on a 3000 armor/evasion shield) actually translates to.

Pretty-much this yeah, the issue is cobra lash did fairly fine without the deadeye mechanic with more options for scaling.
And as for the damage it's decent but it doesn't exactly offset the lost damage.

"
Shiroco wrote:
Any thoughts on what currently might be the best bet to make a strong SST character?

As for league starting and best ascendancy i really have no idea, i'm going to try and work on the build/char a bit after league start, but unless you're willing to do it anyways and possibly have a bad time i would recommend against it for now. The bleed version always seemed decent though never actually played it myself.

loaded my character in PoB, cold conversion SST, and the new tree is around 30% less damage :/
Currently playing this self found at its fine so far. Nothing crazy but I'm pushing into redmaps and still got plenty of upgrade possibilities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info