(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
TrippleBUrst wrote:
thoughts on multi totem support? Less on hit dmg, but more totems, which should give more total dps?
also how much currency budget do you think is the least you'd need to farm U.Elders?

You'll have less dps with Multi Totem support because you'd have to replace a support gem.

As for the smallest budget to farm Uber Elder? It depends on the prices, for some reason our Freezing Pulse gear is selling for more this league.
But I would say if you have 3x or less and know the fight, you'll be fine.
Provided you 6 link the Soul Mantle yourself.
Can somebody check out my profile and tell me where to improve (besides gem links)? I feel like my damage is falling off hard against guardians.

Thank you for your time.
Is the Clear Mind jewel really that good without the Spell Damage part?
build is very hc good yes. purposefully slowed down on the add phase to not look stupid ripping on it.

clearly could quality gems, actually get useful flasks, and get cold damage lvl 20, but build is ridiculously good even without that. 9k ehp with 16% phys reduction from charges/golem + freezing shit is pretty easy.
Definitely great build, few days ago reached my first 100 level with it. Ty for the guide.
first time playing totem build enjoying so far... but i have 1 problem, my totems keep dying instantly on some of maps, what causes that? i have 6 link soul mantle.
"
hwan wrote:
but i have 1 problem, my totems keep dying instantly on some of maps, what causes that?
Elemental reflect?
SSFHC Update 2

RIP'd lvl 89.5 on a T9 waterways during legion encounter in SSFHC (#21 heirophant, 8th highest still alive at the time) (roughly 5.5k eHP).

Still not sure what actually killed me as I was purposely on the outside of the all the fighting with my totems up. Maraketh was probably part of the problem (maybe some offscreen invisible projectiles). Also contributing to my death was I recently rolled all my gems over to 1/20's, but they were all about 15/20 at the time (and I was using a 21/0 freezing pulse). I think had my steelskin been lvl 20 still, my totems were higher level (more totem life to be better decoys), and 50% of my mana wasn't reserved with hatred, then I may have survived - took a series of massive hits from an unknown source, hammered my divine flask, received a bunch of hits again from some unknown source and died before I could move even further back - no crazy map mods involved. Pretty unlucky for the most part, but can't say I lost any major gear as I still haven't even found 1 kikazaru or a soul mantle despite many targetted farming efforts. I think I'll have just about every other unique ring and armour before I find those ><

Anyways, I've got an abundance of Tabula's that have dropped and lots of leveling gear so I'll get back to maps tonight and get back at it. Though I'll have to run another character through to act 5 again for the 2nd first snow jewel.

Nonetheless a fun build, but getting the curse reduction gear is frustrating in SSF. The chase unique nature of the build is definitely a detriment in that sense. I don't think there is a single heirophant freezing pulse character on the top 25 of the ladder with a kik/soul mantle setup. The build still stands on its own for white/yellow maps - hadn't quite gotten to red yet, but was slowly starting to feel the lack of DPS in the T9's.
Last edited by JSquare on Sep 23, 2019, 10:26:39 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
hwan wrote:
but i have 1 problem, my totems keep dying instantly on some of maps, what causes that?
Elemental reflect?

ok so this build cant do

no regen and ele reflect maps, gotcha.
"
hwan wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
hwan wrote:
Elemental reflect?

ok so this build cant do

no regen and ele reflect maps, gotcha.

It CAN do those maps, but it is so slow to do the ele reflect, and needing a mana flask for no regen is a nuisance, so you just re-roll those maps.

Wallach used to have this written somewhere in the guide, but not sure where it is now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info