(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
Wallach wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:
What i dont understand is the second First Snow jewel when there is no 40 intelligence within radius.

It just has to be within radius, you don't have to have points invested in that Intelligence.

Oh! ok. thanks. so thats how that mechanic works
starting soon.
what do u guys think? FP or ice spear totems hmmmm

i wanna do a lazy league but not sure what to choose :(
what has more damage/surv?
Last edited by rotheee on Sep 7, 2019, 7:15:29 AM
Love the guide! Though I think your leveling section could add a gem link section for each act to improve clarity.
"
Hosein009 wrote:
im having pain leveling this build ( even with reading the guide)
when do u think i should change to totems?

Hey, the most recommended time to switch would be after you have cruel lab and two first snow jewels, before then it's pretty slow and can be somewhat annoying. I did level all the way with ancestral bond but it was almost agonizing until I hit cruel lab, after that the build just explodes in power, keep at it and good luck!
"
rotheee wrote:
starting soon.
what do u guys think? FP or ice spear totems hmmmm

i wanna do a lazy league but not sure what to choose :(
what has more damage/surv?

I would say they are pretty much the same as far as damage and surv, if you want better clear speed go FP, if you want better single target go ice spear.
"
Eunbunnie wrote:
Love the guide! Though I think your leveling section could add a gem link section for each act to improve clarity.

Totally agreed.
"
SirBuddington wrote:
"
Hosein009 wrote:

Hey, the most recommended time to switch would be after you have cruel lab and two first snow jewels, before then it's pretty slow and can be somewhat annoying. I did level all the way with ancestral bond but it was almost agonizing until I hit cruel lab, after that the build just explodes in power, keep at it and good luck!

Ya leveling as totems is very painful. I leveled self cast until around 63 then did both labs (got a super lucky Soul Mantle drop) and switched. I was done A10 in around 6 hours including the labs and the time spent switching over to totems.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Hosein009 wrote:
I think the best time is after the first Labyrinth. Try to time it so you get the two "+1 totems" from Ancestral Bond and Pursuit of Faith about the same time.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Just level as holy flame, same tree, its pretty smooth.
Another option is divine ire, also works ok, especially vs blight, when monsters line up.
Freezing pulse is quite weak early on, even with soul mantle and all jewels, you need merc lab, also put points into some crit nodes, then it starts to pick up, and damage finally feels ok. If you focused on getting life, just buy 4l soul mantle, and jewels, its gonna suck.
"
Hosein009 wrote:

Leveling with this build is definitely pretty clunky. The damage just isn't there. I have no doubt this is going to crush once you get the required items, but I'm only level 47 and in act 6 and it's been a bit of a grind so far.

I went Ancestral Bond right away and I currently have a single first snow. Single target is reeeeaally bad, especially when compared to the current state of the game with how so many builds can just breeze through content right now. So you'll have to bare with it until the build really comes together.

For reference I have FP linked with Spell totem > Cont Dest > Faster Casting, and I have a single First Snow jewel. Probably am going to buy a 2nd one now, which should improve things quite a bit, but you might want to try avoiding Ancestral Bond and going single FP totem and self cast FP yourself for the time being and seeing how that works out for you.

Edit: I'm currently doing the Brine King quest where you have to stand in those 2 circles to light the beacon....and I've died 4 times. The damage on this build while leveling the way I did just isn't there. And when you combine that with little survivability with bad gear as you're leveling, well....

Edit 2: Just bought a 2nd First Snow and it doesn't help nearly as much as I'd thought. I can clear trash (which doesn't mean anything nowadays because every build can) but even clearing packs of blue mobs is still a pain.
Last edited by Squatch on Sep 7, 2019, 1:48:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info