[3.7] Crit Tectonic Slam Chieftain, Oni Goroshi SSF / League starter Passive Tree

"
Vissermanza wrote:
Good stuff, thanks for the guide.

For those interested I had trouble igniting but with combustion "my embrace" always triggers.

My current gems are TS, Fortify, Pulverise, Ele Dmg, Melee Phys, and Combustion.

Have some trouble with mana atm but it works well.

On the leeching. As far as I understand life leech doesnt work because were full fire - am I right?

When I was working with the old gems combustion was a solid choice, albeit not the 'best'. I would level up rage and maybe close combat, inc aoe/conc effect in offhand slots if you can.

Mana is a problem for me also, I was reserving 85% of my mana which felt very clunky, at the moment I am just using blasphemy + warlords mark and herald of ash with 40% mana left for now, and it feels much better, but obviously dropping a chunk of damage from herald of purity. I'm still waiting for a shaper ring to drop so i can craft warlords on hit.

"
Masjan wrote:
Also, is it realistic to color the Oni to 6R links?

And why it is suggested to use fortify in TS setup? Also recommended by Rake in TS base 4L setup.

I am not sure, but since oni has no stat requirements, I think the socket colours have equal weighting. I am just guessing on that though, so please research yourself before throwing lots of currency at it :)

Fortify now has a more multiplier making it nice quality of life on main skill, however I think to min max it probably falls slightly short of other options, so putting it back on leap slam is fine. The problem I personally have is due to the nature of tectonic slam going in one direction from your character, and having nice range, its good to be able to put damage down from a larger distance, and I find personally when I leap slam onto the edge of a group of mobs a couple are at my sides and don't die, which feels clunky, and of course it is safer to keep them at range and not have to keep refreshing fortify with leap slam upkeep (which is also a dps loss in a lot of cases).

"
kesotron wrote:
where are you getting the covered in ash? I see no hinekora nor xophs

That is my bad, I forgot to remove it, I will be updating PoB soon with new gems I will remove it then.

"
DiskoMicke wrote:
I just got my Oni-Goroshi after 4 hours of farming (!) and I was just wondering, how come you skipped Master of the Arena and Art of the Gladiator? I've never seen a melee build skip those. I'm torn between which build I'm going to run with my new sword but tectonic slam seems interesting...

The reason I skipped them is because I was pushing for damage in a lot of cases, and I was trying to be as efficient as possible with pathing. However I think in balance it is best to drop Berserking and Eagle Eye and pick up those nodes. It is quite a dps loss, but the increased life and movement speed will be well worth it overall. I will be doing update soon, I have been taking it slow this league, especially after 11 hours farming oni-goroshi.

Big updates to the Path of Building. Please refer to new one for a much improved tree, and some simulation refinements.
"
dookleeto wrote:

I am not sure, but since oni has no stat requirements, I think the socket colours have equal weighting. I am just guessing on that though, so please research yourself before throwing lots of currency at it :)

According to Vorici, its like 700 tries. Alot...
Spoiler

"
Masjan wrote:
"
dookleeto wrote:

Spoiler

1 blue will be good (inc aoe / conc effect) and 1 green is useable, so with 3 options that number should come down a lot if you are willing to compromise.

calc says 56 chromes to get 5 reds, so should be pretty easy.
Last edited by dookleeto on Jun 12, 2019, 4:32:26 AM
"
dookleeto wrote:
"
Masjan wrote:
"
dookleeto wrote:

Spoiler

1 blue will be good (inc aoe / conc effect) and 1 green is useable, so with 3 options that number should come down a lot if you are willing to compromise.

calc says 56 chromes to get 5 reds, so should be pretty easy.

Inc AoE is a bit redundant as we have it on Pulverize, and for green only Close Combat?

At the moment Im using 4R/1B/G, but planned to switch out the blue Combustion after crit chance will be 40%+
Last edited by Masjan on Jun 12, 2019, 5:40:14 AM

well conc effect is very nice dps for bossing so inc aoe is more just for mapping quality of life to use the blue socket. I think you are right though 6 reds may be the best option with rage gem.
Does Arakali works after the Her Embrace finished? In 3.7

And if so, how it scales with the +50% chieftain buff?
doublepost
Last edited by Masjan on Jun 13, 2019, 10:08:18 AM
"
Masjan wrote:

I'm not sure what you are referring to, can you elaborate?
"
dookleeto wrote:
"
Masjan wrote:

I'm not sure what you are referring to, can you elaborate?

"50% increased Recovery rate of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently"

in Arakali pantheon, does it work after Oni`s

"While in Her Embrace, take 0.5% of your total Maximum Life and Energy Shield as Fire Damage per second per Level"

this effect deals fire damage over time, so after it buff from Arakali should start, am I right?

If so, how "50% increased Recovery rate" from Arakali combined with "50% increased Life Recovery Rate if you've taken Fire Damage from an Enemy Hit Recently" in Chieftain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info