[3.6] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian [22k ES, 55k armour]

"
Tagmatar wrote:

I'll switch from cyclone to ball lightning and got nearly instant 40 virulant stack on pack and boss i feel it's the easiest and safiest way to stack.

Was lucky to find this for 6c:

i did try ball lightining.. it works.. i prefer ball lighning-gmp-poison-lesser poison but instead of gmp spell echo also works.

i did shaper in my test toon and it was semi-hard, I definetely could use more damage..

but tankiness is really good, i barelly moved except in cold dots in the ground.

all in all i have a 4 link availiable and trying to find ways to improve my dps..

P.S.
for sure the weaker side it seems the duelist area maybe those 18 points can be spent for minion damage and some es nodes..
( for example i modified OP's POB skill tree https://pastebin.com/dH52E0w6 and you loose 2k es but gain 16% minion damage, fair tradeoff imho)

EDIT:
ok 2nd try shaper fight with the above tree with more minion damage and lvl21 HoA = Shaper fight is a joke now.. 16.5k es (lost only 500es)..
Last edited by stred_ on May 2, 2019, 4:18:17 PM
After several failed attempts at AUL I threw in my vortex CI OCC at him.
Had sulphate under that toon that was needed for the run so I figured why not

Wasn't expecting much but...she ate AUL for lunch...
I invested much less in her and she only has 13kES but she walked all over that boss. She also eats shapers for breakfast with ease.
She is far from optimized but is lvl95 and has spider (my guardian was lvl84-7 when I was trying) but I spend much less on her then the guardian. Also the play style is easier

My take is the even the guardian can tank virtually anything, end game content and top bosses are untankable and chill/freeze weakness can be an issue(I did had brime)

Also I find the screen shaking the ball lightning created on large mobs a bit annoying

Its been fun but I think I'm done with this league

Chewbacca is in haven now, pray for Chewbacca
can you guys advice me how to improve my build? i am only at 12k shield..
"
gangwars90 wrote:
can you guys advice me how to improve my build? i am only at 12k shield..

There is still a lot of space to min-max. You can put more attributes on your items (like weapon or belt). Take big strength nodes on tree. Make sure your reserved mana is maximized.
ok so better attributes on belt and weapon. and the 2 str nodes in the passive tree. but its still a difference of 6-7k energy shield. how can it be? I am now at only 11200 mana
"
gangwars90 wrote:
ok so better attributes on belt and weapon. and the 2 str nodes in the passive tree. but its still a difference of 6-7k energy shield. how can it be? I am now at only 11200 mana

what is you character's name?

do you have watcher's eye with the clarity mod? if not drop purity+clarity for discipline

also what level you are?
"
gangwars90 wrote:

Hi

It will come with lvl and more skill point. For the moment you miss the mana nodes at start of templar "Righteous decree" two +30 str nodes and mana nodes on bottom of duelist "Revelry"

For exemple at lvl 94 i'm at 16k ES without the Watcher eyes it is what you should reach by leveling.

The watcher eyes to reaching 22k+ ES is the cherry on the cake, actualy nearly nothing can kill you at 16K ES ^^

________

Change subject did someone as an idear to be frozen immune without things like dream fragment? It's ok to be immortal but the regular freeze are a little annoying, with flask and brine king pantheon they are rare and short but in delve and in hight crit chance map it occure often. Maybe a synthesis implicit? didn't see one for the moment.

Fly safe
"
snowmittens wrote:

Also I find the screen shaking the ball lightning created on large mobs a bit annoying

Easy fix= option->UI-> screen shake ->disabled

"
Tagmatar wrote:

Change subject did someone as an idear to be frozen immune without things like dream fragment? It's ok to be immortal but the regular freeze are a little annoying, with flask and brine king pantheon they are rare and short but in delve and in hight crit chance map it occure often. Maybe a synthesis implicit? didn't see one for the moment.

Fly safe

you can use rare boots and craft "cannot be frozen" and use a jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corruption for some heavy bleed protection.

in my progress i managed to fit war banner for some more dps.. also ball lighting its my final choise

for golems what you guys prefer? i went for lighning for cast speed

I did use lightning golem while leveling for attack speed but after respecting I don't think golems add anything worthwhile as you max virulence with ball lightning very fast anyways

I think that CWDT + projectile weakness is much better for DPS

War banner is good if you can squeeze it in as it grants you nearby enemies take extra 11% physical damage. I did Use b4 it when I could

I think my last tree respect giving up south ES/Life/Mana cluster for minion damage + lvl 21 HOA (gave up 1k ES for likely 120%+ increased minion damage + speed) was a good choice

Unfortunately I'm out of T16 maps and kinda not playing anymore but would be nice to know if this build could do Uber OK. My guess is that With the boss immunity switches you need to make sure the crawler is attacking the right target by attacking it yourself first

Still think vortex CI occ is cheaper and better on end game bosses but nothing is tankier that this build
This build keeps chasing me - found this browsing YouTube just now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dmeUdBuEk

Similar HC setup doing Uber with link to build as well

Guy looks like a seasoned HC player and actually has several versions of high lvl guardians

Damages look a bit lacking but he seems to go for maximize ES for HC survivability with over 30K ES

Seems he also didn't like freeze/chill and spent big $$ of boots to fix it
Pretty expensive helmet and body armor

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/%D0%A5%D0%A3%D0%AF%D0%9A/characters

Last edited by snowmittens on May 4, 2019, 11:19:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info