[3.7] MoMMeme | facetank it all | >2.5M Shaper DPS, >13k eHP, >13k eHP/s recovery

Just killed Uber Elder, was a tough fght since the shaper balls hit like a truck.
Was using double void batterys.
Gonna try the Pledge of Hands setup as soon as i get enough currency to buy a 6 link one.
Yea fair enough I messed around a little bit with a 5 link pledge of hands, wasn't a big fan of the locked into castinng animation that can happen on the echo and i've arrived at a point now where i know the playstyle and have geared enough that i'm happy with survivability with the void batteries. If you want more survival/EHP try the pledge of hands for sure though. I might try onslaught support for QOL but i did feel LMP was helping a fair bit especially with the legion stuff. Ty for OP with solid guide updating.
Pledge indeed feels awful with the animation lock. It's impossible to even clear monoliths reliably because of this... And I'm using spell echo + faster casting..
OK - I have some time to respond to your questions and go through builds. Anyway, I am very happy that you enjoy the build. So here we go

"
silverdash wrote:

I don't know how to get 2.5mil shaper dps. 60k tooltip DPS is the max I can get without resorting to dual Shimmeron (which sucks) which comes down to ~1mil single target dps right? I must admit that I failed to vaal about 90% of my 20/20 gems... Maybe someone can check my character and tell me what I do wrong?

Do not check the ingame tooltip. It is pretty inaccurate. Load your profile into PoB and check onslaught, power charges and add arcane surge somewhere. Do not check "is enemy shocked" though - this is for some elementalists only.

Ball lightning level matters a lot indeed. However, you can also make some improvements. Run few labs to have lightning damage added, if you have not killed recently. This is similar to having innervation 100% of the time. Speaking of which, innervation 21/0 is better than 20/20. Area damage on jewels does not help you. It is only projectile/spell/lightning/elemental. Also you run a frost bomb CWDT while it should be vaal cold snap. For exposure use wave of conviction (check my updated links). If you can min-max resists, fit wise oak. The gear is already pretty good.

"
silverdash wrote:

Also I don't understand why I can't handle ele reflect. I just die in like a second on packs even with the reflect-pantheon and the anti-reflect-ring. Is this because of my GMP?

You can't handle it because of high crit multi you have. You need to match your DPS with mana recovery. So you want a lot of crits, but with relatively low damage. This is actually why I was using increased critical strikes instead of added lightning damage, which indeed gives higher DPS. You also need to switch your wands to something that will have high cast speed, but low single hit damage. So as you can see, quite some effort, and this is why I call ele-reflect annoying.

"
asgar86 wrote:

Also quick question. What gear should i upgrade next? im thinking the Rings but its so hard to juggle all the resists and still find an upgrade.
i finally got all uncapped elemental res over 100 at least.

The resists do not have to be overcapped since you are already running anti-curse flask and also wise oak. So you can focus more on getting more life and mana on your gear. Regarding the rings, I think it is an neverending story. I have like around 10 different Shaper rings, and maybe another 10 jewels to help me juggle with the resistances for the wise oak. My personal advice is to keep the rings as the last piece to upgrade.

"
TotemLols wrote:
I wrote the same idea about Elementalist and from what I can tell so far into the league. This variation does seem superior. Survivability is much more important now then the bit of extra damage.

Thanks! Can you send the link to your build? I am very interested.

Regarding the survivability aspect, I can only partially agree. This build is so tanky, I caught myself to intentionally look for rippy mods to have some challenge at least. First I was like - whoah! I can tank Shaper, I can tank syndicate, I can tank whatever. And then, you realize that the thrill is gone. You just chain T16s for no reason, get a little currency, rinse and repeat. Of course you can make it to 100, but it is just so ... dull. I am now struggling to go deep in delve, but it takes so much time to get there... This league, I am running ice nova on assassin with pledge (still 5L), so you can imagine it gets ripped constantly even in white maps. However, the fun is back!

"
TotemLols wrote:

Ball Lightning clear is amazing already. I'd even advice against using LMP and just use Onslaught support. Small QoL perhaps?

Onslaught is on storm brand with culling strike, so either LMP or GMP (once you have DPS) are better for clearing.

"
NexTRam wrote:
Can somebody help me for what should i do? Im beginner to this game and i barely finishing t1-5 maps with this build. :/

Check my updated cheat-sheet in gearing progress. Also grab a second Shaper ring with gain on hit. Enjoy!
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
asgar86 wrote:
Just killed Uber Elder, was a tough fght since the shaper balls hit like a truck.
Was using double void batterys.

Congratulations! If somebody wants to share a video of Uber Elder kill, I will happily post it. I do not have much time to play, and I would prefer to play legion instead standard (just entered yellow maps in Legion - yay!).

"
asgar86 wrote:

Gonna try the Pledge of Hands setup as soon as i get enough currency to buy a 6 link one.

"
lordaverage42 wrote:
Yea fair enough I messed around a little bit with a 5 link pledge of hands, wasn't a big fan of the locked into castinng animation that can happen on the echo and i've arrived at a point now where i know the playstyle and have geared enough that i'm happy with survivability with the void batteries. If you want more survival/EHP try the pledge of hands for sure though. I might try onslaught support for QOL but i did feel LMP was helping a fair bit especially with the legion stuff.

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
Pledge indeed feels awful with the animation lock. It's impossible to even clear monoliths reliably because of this... And I'm using spell echo + faster casting..

The Pledge is clearly bugged, but I hope they will fix it soon (otherwise I will not reach end end-game with my assassin). I have run several maps and a few delves with it, and you can get used to it, but the feeling is indeed clunky. The tankiness, however, is amazing. And yes, you always need to use spell echo + faster casting on the new pledge.

"
lordaverage42 wrote:

Ty for OP with solid guide updating.

You are always welcome. Enjoy!

Quick question,

WHy are we so attached to the Cloak of defiance?

1)We can achieve the same effect with MoM and a shaper chest. We miss out on some mana and 1 skill point, but we can get life, spell crit and others.

2)Why not just go MoM and get a loreweave for example? We still have 50% from MoM/jewel/ascendancy and we basically take 20% less ele damage(and gain a small amount of dps)

I think missing out on "some mana" would actualy be important. since it is our life and gives more energy shield as well.also i believe a cloak of defiance is way more affordable than a shaped armor with the right modifiers and equal stats.
Very cool guide.. probably tee this up for my second char! (and after some more of the animation issues are resolved)

Anyone have vids of the map clear?
Last edited by Gescom on Jun 18, 2019, 7:28:00 AM
"
Gescom wrote:

Anyone have vids of the map clear?

I will add some T16 clear and maybe delve later today or tomorrow.
Last edited by sprawdzampoczte on Jun 18, 2019, 7:31:36 AM
Hi
In PoB is a Rare staff we use and not Pledge of hands Unique

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pledge_of_Hands

Last edited by JuhlDk on Jun 18, 2019, 8:28:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info