[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"

Yeah, but i had no problem with any guardian, shaper or elder. Vortex is a very defensive build itself since you can move while you do damage. Vaal RF is easy to have in most boss fights

It is indeed. I'll test out the Shavs route. At the very least you can get some really good damage out of having the extra Aura(s) without 30+EX investment into 2 items. (Reflection+Auls) It's basically just the 6ex or so for the 6L Shavs.

That said, I can pretty comfortably get to over 3m Vortex DPS (with VRF) with an Aul's and have 10k ES on top of that.

I'm gonna mess around with it and see what I can come up with. ^^

when in 3.6 as an occultist, I went for aul's (while on CI with a high ES chest). realised shav + LL is a much cheaper option, and allows for a different amulet. with aul's, to make use of LL, you'd have to get reflection which is also hugely expensive, and it takes up another belt slot. in other words, if you're an occultist, shav+LL is definitely better in every aspect. but for trickster, aul's+reflection is definitely the way to go, because you scale very well with the EVES chest. if you want a budget method to get DPS, yeah, shav's would do it, without the need for auls. but if you do not have the currency and want to go more defensively, just skip the reflection+aul's. vortex dps will suffer, but you'll be able to hit 8-10k ES more easily.

you are right, for max dps and ES, definitely an EVES chest with refl and aul's.

100% Agree with this. I like to get my chase items though (Reflection+Aul's).

I think I'll add this Shavs setup to a 3.7 Semi-Budget. Gave it a go, ran Elder Guardians, Uber Elder with no issues. The extra dps is definitley noticeable, but I suffered a bit with defenses (basically just used to having certain things and need to adjust accordingly). I can't give up my ES on hit Watcher's Eye+CWDT Ball Lighting setup for mapping/delving ^^

My clear speed also suffered a bit, the loss of 15% Movespeed from Shield+Belt, I had to drop faster attacks from Shield charge for socket space, and the lower ES (8.6k when I did UE) makes running these a little more unrealistic.

That said, 6L Shavs is 5-6ex, Presence of Chayula was 50c, and Prism Guardian is 1c. So for a medium budget you won't get better DPS. (at least in this league).

A couple of things i noted in your setup:
You can add Arcane Surge + Flame Dash for a 12% DPS boost. You're not using Purity of Elements in the PoB and you would otherwise have 2 open sockets for it.

Thanks for all the feedback, I like to see the different angles and ideas people have for this.

TLDR:
Shavs+LL for high DPS moderate budget
Bunch of rares, CI + Apep's for low to moderate budget and better defenses (more ES, etc...)
Reflection + Aul's + Coward's Legacy CI for the high budget end game.
Followed the guide for league start. Hands DOWN the smoothest bossing I have ever done. Struggling with clearing the league mechanic overall - but SUPER SOLID build. Thanks man - wanted to give you the +1 on the forum in case anyone had questions or whatever.
The available trees are a little weirdly organized. The PoB tree is different from the non-PoB links and the leveling trees also seem to be different. The whole Righteous Army thing seems to be outdated? I think I have a good idea of what's going on and don't need the trees anymore, but it's weird trying to look again.
Hey there !

How did you level this build ?

I am pretty new,can you give me a quick introduction?

And how are you doing on Legion Encounters?(Clearing,Damage against moving mobs,survivability and so on)
"
Chunq wrote:
The available trees are a little weirdly organized. The PoB tree is different from the non-PoB links and the leveling trees also seem to be different. The whole Righteous Army thing seems to be outdated? I think I have a good idea of what's going on and don't need the trees anymore, but it's weird trying to look again.

That's my bad! I am constantly changing things and optimizing based on my gear/experiences. I like to experiment a lot too. I made some updates to the trees and hopefully cleaned it up (made it consistant). Thanks for pointing this out!

Spiritual Aid is good if you have other sources of Minions Deal % Icnreased Damage. Otherwise I think the points can be better spent elsewhere.

"
Tris222 wrote:
Hey there !

How did you level this build ?

I am pretty new,can you give me a quick introduction?

And how are you doing on Legion Encounters?(Clearing,Damage against moving mobs,survivability and so on)

Hey! I level this build with Cold Snap + Vortex. But from 1-12 Freeze Pulse/Frost Bomb/Explosive trap works really well. Blade Vortex at 12 Gives nice single target. If you can grab a Storm Brand I Would start using that here as well (Shadow does not get it as an option.)

As soon as you get to level 16 you can start using Cold Snap. I use Storm Brand with that until I get to 28 for Vortex. From there I play as CS+Vortex.

For legion stuff, you REALLY want to have Vaal Cold Snap. I basically clear as much as I can while it is up by running around searching for icons. it works reasonably well, but I will admit that this build will take some practice to get good returns out of your Legions.

I am personally doing fairly well with them. Survivability is excellent.
Just looking for your ascendancy tree, i might be blind but i cant find one anywhere
"
mystic12 wrote:
Just looking for your ascendancy tree, i might be blind but i cant find one anywhere

Patient Reaper -> Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist -> Prolonged Pain
thanks, something else real quick, at what ES would you recommend having before getting Chaos Inoc
"
mystic12 wrote:
thanks, something else real quick, at what ES would you recommend having before getting Chaos Inoc

I would say 5k is enough. 4K would be acceptable if you're dying to chaos damage a lot though.
Thanks for the Guide! Just did uber elder for the first time in basically my second league. Didnt invest anything really and didnt even swap for CI yet. This is my gear if anyone is interested:

Spoiler

The belt and boots are the key items for me Kappa.
Last edited by utterlytrivial on Jun 25, 2019, 6:14:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info