[3.9] Divine Ire Totems Hierophant. Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder, Sirus!

"
gduber wrote:

Thanks for the guide, it's a really fun build. I've been trying to dual wield this. They're not great for survivability but I don't know how they are in terms of dps compared to the guide suggestion. I wish we didn't need a math degree to calculate dps in this game.

You couldn't use this POB with that as critical strikes deal no damage. You could go elemental overload for a non-crit version but not sure if it's better without redoing some gear without crit-multi to see if it's better.

"
Morrd wrote:
"
gduber wrote:

Thanks for the guide, it's a really fun build. I've been trying to dual wield this. They're not great for survivability but I don't know how they are in terms of dps compared to the guide suggestion. I wish we didn't need a math degree to calculate dps in this game.

You couldn't use this POB with that as critical strikes deal no damage. You could go elemental overload for a non-crit version but not sure if it's better without redoing some gear without crit-multi to see if it's better.

Ah that's right. I was watching the tool-tip dps go really high (while mapping) and forgot that none of that would be crit damage. Derp.
Why not use the multiple totems support ? It makes mapping easier as you can summon more totems faster and I believe that the 2 extra totems make up for the 20% damage decrease.
"
relix66 wrote:
Why not use the multiple totems support ? It makes mapping easier as you can summon more totems faster and I believe that the 2 extra totems make up for the 20% damage decrease.

This was addressed earlier in the forum. In the DPS calculator I've provided it shows that the gem you lose by adding multiple totem support actually is a decrease in damage for you.

The general idea is the more max totems you have currently (this build has 5) the less multiple totem support is useful for you.

Basically it's not worth adding another totem for the sacrifice of a "more" multiplier.
Last edited by Apoc8 on Sep 13, 2019, 9:33:57 PM
hey I haven't done a totem build and I'm really struggling with the damage part... my POB says I'm at 80k per totem which is waaaaaaaay lower than the other builds with div ire totems I've seen...

I'm aiming towards spell/lightning damage, crit chance and crit multi, but i can't quite get things to fit right....

can you help me out?

POB
https://pastebin.com/T87SMsHn

"
Apoc8 wrote:
"
relix66 wrote:

This was addressed earlier in the forum. In the DPS calculator I've provided it shows that the gem you lose by adding multiple totem support actually is a decrease in damage for you.

The general idea is the more max totems you have currently (this build has 5) the less multiple totem support is useful for you.

Basically it's not worth adding another totem for the sacrifice of a "more" multiplier.

Yeah, thanks you're right. I already checked the damage difference in PoB and it turns out that you get more damage without multiple totems but I can note that leveling up with multiple totems was quite good and fast. The damage with multiple totems was enough to steamroll trough early content up to tier 8 maps.
"
hey I haven't done a totem build and I'm really struggling with the damage part... my POB says I'm at 80k per totem which is waaaaaaaay lower than the other builds with div ire totems I've seen...

I'm aiming towards spell/lightning damage, crit chance and crit multi, but i can't quite get things to fit right....

can you help me out?

POB
https://pastebin.com/T87SMsHn

Look at your support gems. Then compare them to what the guide suggests (or what PoB suggests).
Last edited by Catcus on Sep 14, 2019, 8:33:27 PM
Anyone done red blight maps with this build? how does it perform?

Ty
Where does life sustain on this build come from?
"
KrisWithAnF wrote:
Where does life sustain on this build come from?

There isn't much compared to leech builds from what I could see. Pretty normal for totems except for maybe Chieftain totems that can leech life to user.

0.8% life regen on Quick Recovery and 1% life regen per totem, so 4.8 or 5.8% HP for most builds. Then any additional HP recovery on gear, HP potions, etc.

A lot of the eHP sustain is through 40% MoM and all of the mana sustain through that. Mana regen, 2-2.5% from ascendancy, craft or annointed mana regained on hit, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info