3.6 Hierophant Divine Ire Totems (Starter)(Budget)(All Content)

I'm also running Divine Ire totems, with a Soul Mantle, but I'm using a flask for curse immune which lets me use an Essence Worm Wrath and MoM. I'm also using the Disintegrator as my weapon, and before that I had a self crafted 5link staff. It works amazing damagewise, feels like a much more 'ethical' ArcTotems build ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxjB7F61wAw&t=18s
my build kill UE 2s/phase and butget 6 ~ 10ex
So apologies in advance if this is a silly question but I'm a bit of a new player. I'm very interested in this totem build and notice that some other totem builds use spiritual aid in the passive tree but this one doesn't seem to? Is there no advantage to using spiritual aid? Thanks!
"
JTM_1 wrote:
So apologies in advance if this is a silly question but I'm a bit of a new player. I'm very interested in this totem build and notice that some other totem builds use spiritual aid in the passive tree but this one doesn't seem to? Is there no advantage to using spiritual aid? Thanks!

I leveled with Spritual Aid. I think later the crit multi notes in the tree gives more dps.
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
"
"
JTM_1 wrote:

I leveled with Spritual Aid. I think later the crit multi notes in the tree gives more dps.

Oh thanks very much for that info! I will remain spec'd into those nodes while leveling then.
I'm playing this in SSF and the build is really strong, haven't had any issues up to T15 and it still shreds through bosses.

One thing that is important to note is I keep seeing people take multiple totems with soul mantle and this is a mistake.

Let's assume you have 4 totems (+1 from hiero, +1 from soul mantle, +1 from tree) and they hit for 100 dmg each.

Without multiple totems:
4 totems * 100 dmg * 1.39 multiplier = 556 dmg per activation of all totems (im counting the multiplier for swapping from multiple totems to infused channeling)

With multiple totems:
6 totems * 100 dmg * 0.86 multiplier = 516 dmg per activation of all totems (0.86 because 0.8 from multiple totems less damage and 0.06 increase from 2 extra totems and hiero ascendancy)

Multiple totems gets even worse when you also get another +1 from a shaper shield. If you only have a total of 3 totems then multiple totems outperforms a damage support by a little bit, but be careful and check the exact numbers since it is extremely close. But with soul mantle multiple totems should be worse than just going more damage.
"
Phatbuds wrote:
I'm playing this in SSF and the build is really strong, haven't had any issues up to T15 and it still shreds through bosses.

One thing that is important to note is I keep seeing people take multiple totems with soul mantle and this is a mistake.

Let's assume you have 4 totems (+1 from hiero, +1 from soul mantle, +1 from tree) and they hit for 100 dmg each.

Without multiple totems:
4 totems * 100 dmg * 1.39 multiplier = 556 dmg per activation of all totems (im counting the multiplier for swapping from multiple totems to infused channeling)

With multiple totems:
6 totems * 100 dmg * 0.86 multiplier = 516 dmg per activation of all totems (0.86 because 0.8 from multiple totems less damage and 0.06 increase from 2 extra totems and hiero ascendancy)

Multiple totems gets even worse when you also get another +1 from a shaper shield. If you only have a total of 3 totems then multiple totems outperforms a damage support by a little bit, but be careful and check the exact numbers since it is extremely close. But with soul mantle multiple totems should be worse than just going more damage.

That's good info and just for clarity so I understand... Is it just the multiple totems support gem that nerfs the damage from having the added totems? So if I get a +1 summon totem on my shield for example and no multiple totems support, that has no nerf to damage right? Since it is straight up just allowing another totem?

So I'm thinking 5 totems (+1 from hiero, +1 from soul mantle, +1 from tree, +1 from shield) and no multiple totem support gem (replace with a damage support gem) would be better right?
"
JTM_1 wrote:
"
Phatbuds wrote:

Without multiple totems:

With multiple totems:

That's good info and just for clarity so I understand... Is it just the multiple totems support gem that nerfs the damage from having the added totems? So if I get a +1 summon totem on my shield for example and no multiple totems support, that has no nerf to damage right? Since it is straight up just allowing another totem?

So I'm thinking 5 totems (+1 from hiero, +1 from soul mantle, +1 from tree, +1 from shield) and no multiple totem support gem (replace with a damage support gem) would be better right?

Yep, that's exactly right, the multiple totems support comes with a less damage multiplier which you have to consider when calculating if the extra totems are worth it. Other sources of +1 totem like a shaper shield and soul mantle are just an extra totem which is a huge damage boost. So the 5 total totem setup you described is optimal for damage, with no multiple totems gem.
Hello

I'm using a very similar build from the start of 3.6. What I observe is dramatic dps reduction on bosses since the release 3.6.3 .

Have you noticed the similar dps reduction too, or I got problems on my sensors?
"
Phatbuds wrote:

Yep, that's exactly right, the multiple totems support comes with a less damage multiplier which you have to consider when calculating if the extra totems are worth it. Other sources of +1 totem like a shaper shield and soul mantle are just an extra totem which is a huge damage boost. So the 5 total totem setup you described is optimal for damage, with no multiple totems gem.

Thanks for the confirmation Phatbuds! I'm right now still in story mode (I don't get a lot of time to play) but the build is working great for damage even though I'm a bit of a glass cannon right now... have to be careful not to flame dash into the middle of mobs or I RIP. It's really just getting good gear and currency at this point since it's my league starter. But I'm killing bosses VERY fast so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info