[3.10] MRSEANCONNORS CRIT / ARC TOTEMS - Hierophant 4.5 MIL DPS / BEGINNER FRIENDLY [All Content]

I'm having the same issue Le_pierre was having. I regretted off conviction of power to test and i do not get a single power charge with the 'Power Charge on Critical Support'

Have only recently finished levelling but here is the PoB: https://pastebin.com/M6PJiAiG
"
Aritani wrote:
I'm having the same issue Le_pierre was having. I regretted off conviction of power to test and i do not get a single power charge with the 'Power Charge on Critical Support'

Have only recently finished levelling but here is the PoB: https://pastebin.com/M6PJiAiG

I think it's just unlucky RNG.

Right now, without the target being on consecrated ground, and without your diamond flask on, you're at 50% crit chance. And that's only if you also put Assassins Mark on them, otherwise you're at 44%. And then your power charge on crit at level 16 is only 50% chance to gain a power charge. However, Assassins Mark is giving you a 28% chance go gain a power charge on kill.

So you basically have a 25% chance to get a power charge the vast majority of the time right now, and then only slightly better chance if you've applied AM.

So a few things to try...

1. I recommend switching Blade Blast out for Ball Lightning right now. It's significantly easier to apply your curses with Ball Lightning on trash mobs while you're leveling. Only use Blade Blast, which has a quite small AoE radius and no duration, on bosses down the road so you can get the benefit of Unnerve on that single target.

2. You could consider putting Inya's boots on until you can get Conviction of Power, as well as swapping out the Controlled Destruction for a bit as it's hurting your crit chance, but only until you get Conviction of Power as well.

3. Maybe substitute out the Lightning Golem for an Ice Golem temporarily to get some more crit chance.

4. Simply swap out Divine Guidance for Conviction of Power.

You're also missing Void Batteries, which are obviously significant +crit chance and pretty much staples of the build, along with the Mantle, Flag jewel, and Kik rings.

So you're just missing a few things. This build is pretty bad and disconcerting without Conviction of Power, all the power charge nodes, good crit chance, and the 6 main uniques. And it'll feel clunky and very unimpressive until you get them.

But once you do, it's night and day different, and it becomes a ridiculously powerful character. Just hang in there.
I had a bit of luck with currency drops yesterday so have got the void batteries and 6l mantle now. Feeling really good, can keep 8 power charges throughout the map.

I'm supposedly at 99% crit chance without the diamond flask according to PoB so i can probably lose that now. Even before having the full ascendancy and void battery upgrades i didn't mind using blade blast, arc was strong enough to kill most mobs without curses so i only really had to curse the rares/boss.

Feeling really nice now though. So thanks for the help you've given on this thread.

Oh and having Phase Run bound to LMB was a gamechanger. Can't believe i haven't done it before.
Hi All,

I just started playing this league.
And I have been playing with a totem arc build that I found somewhere. But since I was hitting a wall I tried to respec to this one!
But at this point in time I am still severely lacking in DPS and I am having some trouble with the bosses (like Al-Hezmin). I am at Awakening lvl 3, my PoB is here: https://pastebin.com/LWLGAYEk

Would anybody that has some more experience be able to have a look and tell me what I am doing wrong? Still leveling some gems btw, since I didn't have the same setup as in this build.
"
Aritani wrote:
I had a bit of luck with currency drops yesterday so have got the void batteries and 6l mantle now. Feeling really good, can keep 8 power charges throughout the map.

I'm supposedly at 99% crit chance without the diamond flask according to PoB so i can probably lose that now. Even before having the full ascendancy and void battery upgrades i didn't mind using blade blast, arc was strong enough to kill most mobs without curses so i only really had to curse the rares/boss.

Feeling really nice now though. So thanks for the help you've given on this thread.

Oh and having Phase Run bound to LMB was a gamechanger. Can't believe i haven't done it before.
Good to hear it got better quickly. Once you get CoP and move some points around, your enjoyment should skyrocket even further with this build.

And as a side note just for kicks... if you happen to get some cooldown recovery on a belt and boots, and then add increased duration to that Phase Run, you can sustain it permanently (well, until you use a skill/spell), which is pretty awesome, too.
"
MarcusMcBride wrote:
Hi All,

I just started playing this league.
And I have been playing with a totem arc build that I found somewhere. But since I was hitting a wall I tried to respec to this one!
But at this point in time I am still severely lacking in DPS and I am having some trouble with the bosses (like Al-Hezmin). I am at Awakening lvl 3, my PoB is here: https://pastebin.com/LWLGAYEk

Would anybody that has some more experience be able to have a look and tell me what I am doing wrong? Still leveling some gems btw, since I didn't have the same setup as in this build.
Getting the 302 loading error trying to import your PoB.

You have to save it first, then generate/share with pastebin. You can't generate one after making changes and not saving or it produces this error.

So post it again and I'll take a look at it.
"
SkylerOG wrote:

You have to save it first, then generate/share with pastebin. You can't generate one after making changes and not saving or it produces this error.

Terribly sorry! This should work: https://pastebin.com/biwr2BsQ

I also just saw your updated version 1 or 2 pages back and started buying all the gems for that one.
But if you have any idea how to better the one in the pastebin: would be appreciated! You're awesome for helping out so much
"
MarcusMcBride wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Terribly sorry! This should work: https://pastebin.com/biwr2BsQ

I also just saw your updated version 1 or 2 pages back and started buying all the gems for that one.
But if you have any idea how to better the one in the pastebin: would be appreciated! You're awesome for helping out so much
You appear to be mostly following the OP guide, and it's lacking quite a bit in several areas. If you follow my PoB and read my posts I've made in this thread, it'll improve your char immensely.

Arcane cloak is a big one. You're missing out on nearly 1700 effective life, plus a decent damage boost from it and the ability to link a fully leveled Arcane Surge to it.

Get rid of that Lightning Warp junk that's taking up 4 sockets by itself and just get Flame Dash, and put Phase Run on your movement button (which means you also need some more dex).

Spell Totem + Wave of Conviction will help with bosses (another -25 lightning resist debuff to go along with Conductivity).

When you can afford a better amulet and a couple golden oils, anoint your amulet with Whispers of Doom (so you can apply a second curse) and add Assassins Mark. In the meantime, you can try to get some Windshriek boots or simply path up to Whispers of Doom for 4 passive points. And if you're looking for points to do that with, you're getting the least from Throatseeker and could use those points if necessary.

If you have any Blessed Orbs, upgrade your implicits. Like the 36% and 38% increased spell damage on your Void Batteries. Those can be upgraded to 40% each with decent RNG using Blessed Orbs.

Not sure why you have "added phys damage to attacks" crafted on your gloves, but that's a waste. You do spell damage, not attack damage. Anything with "...to attacks" in it does absolutely nothing for you. Same with "attack speed". As a totem build, you have 2 cast speeds to consider and both are extremely important. Totem Placement Speed (is huge), and second to that is Cast Speed (which speeds up how fast your totems cast their spells). You've actually got a few places on gear where you're missing a suffix or prefix, so should craft at least something useful in those spots.

Run at least Merc Labs and try to get better enchants on your helmet, boots, and gloves. When you think you have your endgame items, then run Uber Labs going for top enchants. Collect and save Goddess Offerings in the meantime. Go for things like Decree of Light on gloves (for the consecrated ground), added lightning damage on boots, and additional arc chain on helmet.

POE Labs: https://www.poelab.com/

When you get enough crit chance and can drop the diamond flask, make sure to add a sulphur flask. Consecrated ground under your targets gives you 100% more crit strike chance, on top of giving you 6% more life regen. And when we can't get close enough for the sulphur flask to drop CG under them, that's why I have Purifying Flame added to the build, which also gives you 6% life regen on demand whenever you need it, too.

And do not use Holy Flame Totem for this as a substitute because HFT strips curses off you, which you definitely do not want to do.

Aside from that, just work on upgrading items. You can get a Self-Flag jewel that adds 20% damage per curse instead of 16%. That's like 40-50% increased damage right there. Kik rings with more stats and MR. Gear with more +elemental or +lightning damage. Jewels with +flat lightning and crit multi. Etc. etc.

I've also changed out Immortal Call for Steelskin and ranked CWDT to 14 and Steelskin to 18.

I did this because Immortal Call was consuming endurance charges (which sucks for a whopping additional .60 seconds duration on Imm Call.), and I typically take 2,000+ damage only when hit by a large mob or big boss, so the level 18 Steelskin adds an additional effective 1700 life while keeping the phys resist and overcapped elemental resist granted by the endurance charges. It's just a better setup and works better when you really need it (when taking bigger damage) as opposed to a level 1 CWDT and level 3 Immortal Call going off nearly every time you get hit, which is practically useless.

And no, you can't use both as you can only have 1 Guard skill up at a time.

You make some of these changes and you should be able to knock out Uber Lab easily at your level, and then you can get Divine Guidance.

Here's the updated PoB with Steelskin: https://pastebin.com/1SgcHpqf

Good luck.
Last edited by SkylerOG on May 13, 2020, 4:58:35 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
You appear to be mostly following the OP guide, and it's lacking quite a bit in several areas. If you follow my PoB and read my posts I've made in this thread, it'll improve your char immensely.

Like I said: working on that!! :) I am not pretending I am able to do it all or get it all, but I'll work my way towards it!

"
SkylerOG wrote:
Spell Totem + Wave of Conviction will help with bosses (another -25 lightning resist debuff to go along with Conductivity).

In your PoB I thought you had the totem with golem linked and I couldn't understand why. But if I'm not mistaken it's with the wave. Doesn't that take away from the arc totems?

"
SkylerOG wrote:
If you have any Blessed Orbs, upgrade your implicits. Like the 36% and 38% increased spell damage on your Void Batteries. Those can be upgraded to 40% each with decent RNG using Blessed Orbs.

I honestly forgot that I could do that. Thanks!

You are amazing! Thanks so much for the time to write all this out! Will get to work on this! :)
"
MarcusMcBride wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

In your PoB I thought you had the totem with golem linked and I couldn't understand why. But if I'm not mistaken it's with the wave. Doesn't that take away from the arc totems?
If you notice in my PoB, under WeaponII, I label it a "2L+1", so only 2 sockets are linked. Obviously don't link the Golem to Spell Totem. I explain this several times in other previous posts. As mentioned, you should go back and read some of them. I get very detailed on how to play this build.

I also explain the purpose and use of WoC. Yes, it does take away from the Arc totems, so you only need to drop it down at the very start of a boss fight, until it fires just for a split moment to apply it's -25 lightning debuff, and then go immediately to Arc totems. And then during the fights, maybe every 5-6 seconds, drop another for a split moment to re-apply the debuff, in between your Arc totems.

You need to consistently over-cast/re-cast totems anyway to keep your curses up on you, and many times re-position to kite the boss as he keeps moving towards you and you're trying to keep distance from him. So just use those times to drop the occasional WoC totem/debuff.

And yes, I know some of the gear and items I list in my PoB are expensive, but nothing is outrageous like you find in other builds. Some of the builds on this forum have multiple mirror-worthy items on their chars, and they'll say something like, "I got this for 10 exa!", but you go do a search on trade and there's either nothing like it that exists or there's one or two priced for 300 exa to 2 mirrors. And they're entire setup is like that.

My build, aside from the Bottled Faith which is probably 15 exa by itself, is probably around 30 exalts for the entire thing. BUT, I've min-maxed a bit and probably paid too much for very small differences.

Like the Kikazaru rings. Mine are both +15 all attribute and 40% mana regen, which cost around 1 exa each. But you can get +13-14 all attribute and maybe 35-39% mana regen for probably 20-30 chaos each.

The Corrupted Blood Clear Mind Jewel cost me around 2 exa, but you can get one without Corrupted Blood and better stats than mine for like 10-20 chaos.

You can probably build this char for under 10 exalts and still get like 90% of what my PoB shows, and have a badass totem build that destroys everything with ease. It might just take an extra minute to kill endgame content, though. That's about it.

This is easily one of the cheapest builds that exists in this game and still wipes the floor with everything.

It's biggest downside is it's squishy and has very little damage mitigation for defense. But it's "defense" is it's ability to kite. It gets to do near constant damage while staying at max distance from the targets and avoiding close-combat. Mind over matter, Divine Guidance, Arcane Cloak, and Steelskin give it around 10,000+ effective life (11,135 in my case).

It's quite unique to most everything else in the game. Mine builds are similar, but even they have to stand in one spot too long too often to ramp up 23 mines before unleashing them.

But with totems, you really never have to stop moving, and that's the key. Don't get too wrapped up in the DPS numbers and getting the perfect gear until you can afford it.

Just do the little things like getting the right enchants on helmet, boots, and gloves, using blessed orbs to increase implicits, and bargain shopping for upgrades that give incremental gains without blowing the budget. It'll all add up.

And then learn how to play the char. It's a lot of button mashing. More than most builds. This is absolutely NOT a one-button face-roller char. Keeping Arcane Cloak up constantly, applying curses, applying WoC debuff, using VRF timely, ramping up curses on yourself and keeping 10+ on you during fights without losing too much DPS waiting for totems to cast, and all while constantly using your damage/utility/life flasks efficiently, and flame dashing around and kiting mobs trying to avoid close combat.

You have to like a complex play style to like and want to play this build. But one-button builds are boring, and significantly more expensive to actually get close to most of the build guides out there.
Last edited by SkylerOG on May 14, 2020, 9:59:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info