[3.10] MRSEANCONNORS CRIT / ARC TOTEMS - Hierophant 4.5 MIL DPS / BEGINNER FRIENDLY [All Content]

"
I've made some changes to this build that some of you should really consider. They are pretty big improvements for not that much investment.

Here's my PoB of current char at lvl 91: https://pastebin.com/fa91fBUT

And here is supposed to be the finished product at lvl 100: https://pastebin.com/04Zvj9fY

Current is around 4M Shaper-DPS and finished will be around 5.3M Shaper-DPS. And really, it's more than this if you put more curses on you and you hit bigger shocks. Plus my gear certainly has room for improvement and these awakened gems take forever to level.

The 5 main changes you should look into are:

1. Getting Whispers of Doom anointment so you can do 2 curses... Assassins Mark with Conductivity. AM is huge for adding crit chance, power charges, and some life/mana on kills.

2. Arcane Cloak. Whatever your mana pool is, a 20/20 Arcane Cloak will give you about 64% of your mana pool as an additional damage buffer. In our case, with around 2500 mana, it's like having an extra 1600 life for 6 seconds with a 4 second cooldown inbetween each use which refreshes the 1600. On top of this, you get a MORE dmg buff (lightning). In this case, about 14% of 1600, or around +225 lightning damage, which scales to huge DPS addition.

Attach this to a 20/20 Arcane Surge + 20/20 increased duration, and now you're cookin. But make sure you get your mana regen up as much as possible. You should try to have at least 600+ to sustain Arcane Cloak + MoM + normal casting of spells.

With this setup, we should have an effective health pool of around 8500-9500. Which is more than enough to kite and stay out of the fray while our totems get in the thick of it.

3. Put Wave of Conviction by itself attached to a 20/20 spell totem support. And make sure you have +lightning damage somewhere on the build, either on gear somewhere or from the tree (this will insure you do more lightning dmg than fire dmg so the debuff is -25 lightning). Then just remember to occasionally drop a WoC totem somewhere in between your Arc Totems to hit the targets with another -25 lightning resist that stacks on top of your Conductivity debuff.

4. Get a level 1 Ball Lightning, attach it to Curse on Hit + Conductivity + Assassins Mark. It's 100x easier to apply both curses to everything this way.

5. Scrap Lightning Warp and the 3 supports you need to make it work and just use Flame Dash and a mid-level Phase Run (mine is 13 with 131 dex and gives +46% movement speed), along with a 20/20 increased duration, then put Phase Run in your movement button (left mouse button for me), and you have a +40-something percent movement speed like 90% of the time. And Flame Dash is available to traverse gaps and elevated terrain.

Also, 20/20 lightning penetration is better for bosses than added lightning damage. If you're having trouble getting 100% crit chance, you can swap out controlled destruction for lightning pen, too. But, with AM, crit chance shouldn't be an issue anymore. I don't even run with a diamond flask and I'm at 100% crit chance easy with 8 power charges. And it's absolute cake to keep up 8 power charges (and 3 endurance charges), and I don't even use Inya's boots.

You want to crit every hit as this will guarantee you shock, and you want hard hitting shocks to maximize your damage. There are different levels of shock, and most people don't realize this.

If you use this PoB Fork ( https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding ), you can change the shock levels and see how significant the difference is between them.

Anyway, hope this helps some of you. Good luck.

I've been experiencing some of the problems listed by other players and with your tips (except the annointment cuz I don't have currency for all the oils yet) I don't have any damage problems and I can survive stuff I wouldn't even dare trying before.

Thank you!
I'm experimenting with Storm Brand and Purifying Flame to apply the curses (AM+Conductivity) rather than Ball Lightning.

BL works fine as it hits/applies to -everything- in and near it's path. The problem is I'm moving too fast much of the time and often run right past the ball before it reaches the MOB pack. OR, I cast BL and then lay down my totems and the ball hasn't even reached the MOB pack before my totems just rip through the MOBS.

Storm Brand is nice because it has a duration, so it just keeps applying curses to every MOB that gets close to the brand. Plus, I can lay the brand in front of the MOB pack, and as soon as they walk forward towards it/me, it activates and zaps everything with the curses.

Purifying Flame is nice because it gives us access to on-demand instant Consecrated Ground (for 4 seconds a pop), which for me is +275/s life regen (6% per second). So I can drop it on top of myself any time I like, too, and get that instant regen boost, as well as use it to curse MOB packs. The downside to PF, however, is that there's no damage duration and the AoE radius isn't great. It's okay with a 20/20 gem, but not spectacular. It'll hit most MOBs in a tight pack, but might not apply curses to some on the outside of the group. But that Consecrated Ground is soooo good, I don't know if I can pass it up. Plus, there's no cooldown on it and it's nearly insta-cast.

For QoL purposes and added survivability, I'm leaning towards switching to Purifying Flame. A 20/20 isn't that expensive, but it's necessary to get the added radius/AoE. That 6% life regen is just too hard to pass up.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 3, 2020, 5:33:36 PM
I just took down sirus thanks to your build
Thank you for your guide !!!

why are we using x2 kikazaru? isnt it counter intuitive reducing our curses?
"
DemonicDonna wrote:
why are we using x2 kikazaru? isnt it counter intuitive reducing our curses?
They don't reduce the number of curses, they just reduce the EFFECT of the curses.

Each one is -40% effect, so 2 of them, along with the passive node Sanctum of Thought, is -100% effect of curses on you (40+40+20).

So you can put all the curses you want on you and run maps with curses, but they effectively do nothing negative to you, while Self-Flagellation jewel turns them into +damage.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 7, 2020, 9:22:06 AM
im sorry i didnt mean it like this, ill run atziri's reflection so to my point, is it still worth going for x2 kikazaru since im unaffected by curses?
"
DemonicDonna wrote:
im sorry i didnt mean it like this, ill run atziri's reflection so to my point, is it still worth going for x2 kikazaru since im unaffected by curses?
No. If you're running with that shield, you do not need kikazaru's or Sanctum of Thought.

This particular build is designed around power charges and crit strikes, which is why it calls for those rings and that passive node... because it uses Void Batteries.

If you don't have Void Batteries and are going to use that shield, then you might want to consider another Heiro totem build as the tree and gear setup on this one is likely not going to gel perfectly with your setup.
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Put Wave of Conviction by itself attached to a 20/20 spell totem support. And make sure you have +lightning damage somewhere on the build, either on gear somewhere or from the tree (this will insure you do more lightning dmg than fire dmg so the debuff is -25 lightning). Then just remember to occasionally drop a WoC totem somewhere in between your Arc Totems to hit the targets with another -25 lightning resist that stacks on top of your Conductivity debuff.

Is this matter what kind of light damage ?
+ to attacks, or +to spells ?
I have +to attacks on my gloves, and +to spell while dual wield on abyss gem
this will work ?
PS stygians are expencive (
PPS i can get items close to yours in POB (but not too close =)). mana regen is not so good . with 4 totems - 379.5 certainly will have problems with arcane cloak (but im just 71, will get 20% mana reg from coldhearth calc till 91 lvl)
Last edited by daiverok on Apr 8, 2020, 9:50:10 AM
"
daiverok wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Put Wave of Conviction by itself attached to a 20/20 spell totem support. And make sure you have +lightning damage somewhere on the build, either on gear somewhere or from the tree (this will insure you do more lightning dmg than fire dmg so the debuff is -25 lightning). Then just remember to occasionally drop a WoC totem somewhere in between your Arc Totems to hit the targets with another -25 lightning resist that stacks on top of your Conductivity debuff.

Is this matter what kind of light damage ?
+ to attacks, or +to spells ?
I have +to attacks on my gloves, and +to spell while dual wield on abyss gem
this will work ?
PS stygians are expencive (
PPS i can get items close to yours in POB (but not too close =)). mana regen is not so good . with 4 totems - 379.5 certainly will have problems with arcane cloak (but im just 71, will get 20% mana reg from coldhearth calc till 91 lvl)
Needs to be generic +lightning dmg or "to spells". "To attacks" won't work.

Remember, "to attacks" is for gems with the "Attack" specification on the gem description (which this build doesn't have, ours are all "Spell"). So anything you wear with "to attacks" isn't giving you that modifier on this build.

But your Abyss Jewel on your belt is, and so is the +25% increased lightning damage in Lightning Walker.

As long as you have Lightning Walker passive node (and no significant amount of +fire damage anywhere), you're good, and you should proc the -25 lightning resist debuff from Wave of Conviction every time.

And your mana regen looks fine for current level. Don't forget you get around 100-125 MR from arcane surge, which you can max level since it's attached to arcane cloak. And you can always supplement more with a mana recovery flask, too. Deep Thoughts passive is an option too. It's actually a +3% DPS bump (because of +dmg from mana modifiers) on top of increased mana pool (good for MoM+AC) and mana regen, so it's actually quite good for this build in general. You could probably sacrifice a couple 5% life nodes for Deep Thoughts and end up with a net positive. So you have some options.

Overall looking good. You'll notice a huge jump in QoL and sustained DPS once you get Conviction of Power on your Ascendancy. It makes keeping up max Power and Endurance charges an absolute breeze.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 8, 2020, 11:54:53 AM
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Needs to be generic +lightning dmg or "to spells"

Sir, thanks for quick reacting, and monitoring this thread )
Ye with couple of levels life gonna turn better.
Have 3 more questions, if u mind.
1. Anointment.
I can`t afford double curse right now, coz of 2 gold oils (160-170c right now).
So i will cast balls with only conductivity.
If i farm some chaos sets today (what i really hate to do) i can afford originally +1 max power charge anointment (its 2 silver oils, like 50c) what gives me, i suppose, +50% spell dmg from void batt x2.
Any another good and cheap anointments?
Maybe Heartseeker - 30% crit multi.? Dont wanna take authors ironwood.
2. Sockets and links
I agree with scrapping lightning warp (but it was funny tho), and golem supports eg. life and cull. Golem anyway will die like a shit.
Meantime my wave of conviction slotted in my mantle - i get lucky 5l +1
When i obtain 6l, wave gonna be moved to wand.
Question: is it worth to sacrifice an arcane surge in movement setup - for vaal haste ?
3. In POB on gloves u have inc. crit against shocked.
What is it, and where i can get it ? )) my gloves without it.
I find some gloves on trade, but with amount of curr i have, i must sacrifice DEX, and must take +30 node on three (i f i want have even 1 lvl phase run)
Is crit against shocked worth it ?
For now it`s all questions i have =)
Thanks for answers!
Last edited by daiverok on Apr 8, 2020, 1:45:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info