[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

Vigilant Strike cannot be supported by Increased Duration. It has no Duration tag.
You are indeed correct, my mistake. Faster Attacks it is!
One thing bothered me when opening the PoB Link. You require 155 Dex, the only source of Dex is from the Amulet (Jade). I assume I rely on Dex from Gear? ..asking for a friend >.> also would really appreciate (if you have the spare time) if you could post an updated more dps focussed build for non HCSSF players (I've read the FAQ but it confuses me as an inexperienced player, but it's totally fine if you don't since it is not intended for Standard)

Thank you!
Seems like this will run into lots of mana issues. No mana flasks, just relying on regen and you're also running mind over matter?
Only time I have mana issues is if I get completely swarmed by mobs, but that's pretty few and far between.
You 15 mps on conc ground and with regen on gear can see mana being a non-issure (brotherhood rings)
If it does become more of an issue will probably just swap out blind for mana leech on softcore.
Whats the best way to farm for the COTB ring in SSF?
"
Yasuro wrote:
One thing bothered me when opening the PoB Link. You require 155 Dex, the only source of Dex is from the Amulet (Jade). I assume I rely on Dex from Gear? ..asking for a friend >.> also would really appreciate (if you have the spare time) if you could post an updated more dps focussed build for non HCSSF players (I've read the FAQ but it confuses me as an inexperienced player, but it's totally fine if you don't since it is not intended for Standard)

Thank you!

Welcome to POE! Yes, you would get the dex from gear mostly, but you can also grab Agility and Alacrity Passives since the tree runs by both of those, that should boost you up until you can find gear with more Dex.

For SC SSF, you can check out what people are doing with Divine Ire on poe.ninja
https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds?skill=Divine-Ire
Last edited by buz9 on Mar 9, 2019, 10:49:41 PM
"
buz9 wrote:
Whats the best way to farm for the COTB ring in SSF?

It's a combination of luck and using chance orbs on two stone rings that have cold/lightning resists. Unfortunately, loot filters cannot differentiate between different types of two stone rings.
Hi, thanks for the build. Unfortunately, I find it too clunky and weak and will respec to something else for mapping. The divine ire spell benefits from standing in a pack of mobs (so the stages load up faster) but the defenses are just too weak to be standing immobile in a pack of mobs doing barely anything for half a second. It is possible to balance it by not standing in a pack of mobs, but then the stages slowly load up one by one and the DPS becomes rather low. I especially feel this issue at boss fights with large health pools - I have to dodge bosses' attacks often and therefore can only cast for fractions of a second which is barely enough for 4-6 ire stages which leads to my hits being very small. I am slicing through whites, but for rares or uniques I just can't get this build to work so I will respec. Maybe I am undergeared (SSF SC - rushed through story in 8h so no farming for gear or anything, but other builds i played recently didn't need any more gearing/farming/overlevelling during the story and performed much, much better still).

Anyway, good luck at SSF HC and thanks for the build. The guide is solid. I just couldn't get it to work for me (and I have 2.5k hours, but that doesn't mean anything ofc).

EDIT: Also, even though damage output for whites/blues is good, damage projection is rather bad. Area of damage around you is very small and the beam is also rather thin (in lower stages - and it often doesn't pay off to wait for one more second to load it up to be wider). Therefore, its literally impossible to hit everyone on screen with one hit, which makes you recast, which slows you down even further. Didn't matter much during the story, but I like full-clearing maps, so would hurt much more in the end game. Compared to autotargeting spells such as arc or brands, which have perfect projection but lower raw damage, I find them to be better (at least for me). Even though the raw damage output of those are lower, the damage is always projected onto the enemies reliably, which balances it (in my opinion).
Last edited by tululum on Mar 10, 2019, 10:36:44 AM
I'm using this guide as a base for normal SSF and it is a BLAST! As in, the most fun I've had with this game so far, lol. Hope it's gonna be viable in endgame.

Many thanks Lily!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info