[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Hey Thi3n. Nice and thorough guide. I'm considering this build as my league starter, but I was wondering how the map clear speed is compared to going elementalist? I will spend the most of my time in maps and my number one priority is going fast. Would you still recommend the inquisitor over the elementalist?
Cheers!
Rezerved. I gonna make second thi3n build, hope i will get fun from them tho.
"Some things that slumber should never be awoken."

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█
grep504 about chill/Hypothermia - you are mistaken and mislead other people.

"
Any amount of cold damage crit will apply a chill.

Nope. This would be true only if you were Elementalist with Beacon of Ruin.
Crit w cold apply freeze (but when a target is frozen, it is also considered chilled, its true) and after unfreeze target become chilled for a short duration (0.3 sec by default). But:
"
Wiki wrote:
Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds (0.06 seconds) for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by cold damage, up to a maximum of 50% (3 seconds). Freezes with a duration smaller than 0.3 seconds are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 5% enemy life.

Your amount of cold damage (its from you PoB link):

Definitely not enough to exceed the freeze threshold. So in average you can freeze mobs with ((48+67)/2)/5*100 = 1150 HP. This approximately match base HP of 45 level monster.

Perhaps then the damage is enough to impose only chill, without freeze?
"
Wiki wrote:
Chills inflicted by hits last for 2 seconds. The magnitude of the slow is directly proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life, equal to 30% slow at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Cold damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 0.33% enemy maximum life to chill that enemy.
As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally chilling The Shaper requires a single hit of 66 000 cold damage.

So, your average cold damage 99.9% less than threshold value.
Ooops!

IGN Odminko, Orlangoor.
gonna give it a shot, played storm brand as starter last league and it was fun.

I wanted to ask about the Lightning Spire Trap links on a 4 link, any suggestions?
Nice guide. Looking forward to giving it a try at some point this league.
What build are you starting with this league though? MonkaHMM
Despite the small nerfs, im still going for this as my starter. :-)
I will be league starting with this. I play completely solo and 100% on stream. If you want to stop by and see my progress check me out on https://www.twitch.tv/thi3n

"
I think this build is going to be my primary forcus for 3.6. Playstyle and survivability look like they're right up my alley. I like to play solo, but in a trade league just in case I just can't find what I need or happen to get a goldmine drop.

I played Enki's for Betrayal, which was the first league that I've played even remotely seriously, so this feels like an easy transition.

Thanks thi3n!
Best of luck!

"
Nice guide, would this build work with scion? If so got a possible pob for it?
You can do it with scion, no I don't have a PoB

"
I see that conc effect is used in the PoB but not in the forums guide, which is correct?
The PoB link has the latest time I've played the build. However, I play the build so much that I mix things up to just to do it. The main reason I try out different things is really to hammer home a point I made throughout the guide: Don't be afraid to try things and make the build your own!

"
Thoughts on dropping augury of pentinence for sanctify? augury only works if your nearby which i generally try not to be too close with storm brand but with sanctify you have a 10% chance to make conc ground when hitting a unique enemy (among other things) and storm brand hits fairly often so i would think you could somewhat reliably create conc ground which in the new patch hits against enemies on conc ground have 100% increased critical strike chance. I was just wondering if you think this is viable or a bad idea
That sounds interesting. Personally I value even the minor node of resistances. If you want to give that a shot - let me know how it goes.

"
Thanks for this guide, this is going to be my starter for sure. Just for the ease of playstyle. And the dmg nerf is fine. Its not like we are talking amrageddon brand or anything. ;)
XD

"
While may be fully viable, one thing about brands is the brand recall skill. Its a big shotgun of dmg recalling all brands to your location and nuking whatever is close.
Great Point!

"
Hey Thi3n im looking into doing something like your build as my league start.
How do you feel about going EB(possibly using diadem) and reserving mana as a way to take advantage of the new ES leech (and es leech support looks juicy)?
Personally I value Mind over Matter and Acro/Phase Acro but I do encourage people to make the build their own. If you try it out, let me know how it goes!

"
Hey Thi3n. Nice and thorough guide. I'm considering this build as my league starter, but I was wondering how the map clear speed is compared to going elementalist? I will spend the most of my time in maps and my number one priority is going fast. Would you still recommend the inquisitor over the elementalist?
Cheers!
I think elementalist is probably a better mapper (due to prolif) but Inquis is a better bosser due to inevitable judgement. I go over more pros and cons within the written guide.

"
You know what I think this might be my fault - I took out hypothermia in one of my tests and he might be parroting what I said in that. Hypo does not work for Inquis versions of the build unless you do a lot more damage.

"
gonna give it a shot, played storm brand as starter last league and it was fun.

I wanted to ask about the Lightning Spire Trap links on a 4 link, any suggestions?
Lightning Spire Trap - Increased Area of Effect - Controlled Destruction - Trap and Mine Damage
This is a great way to supplement your single target damage.

"
Nice guide. Looking forward to giving it a try at some point this league.
Thanks! Let me know how it goes.

"
What build are you starting with this league though? MonkaHMM
This one!

"
You know what I think this might be my fault - I took out hypothermia in one of my tests and he might be parroting what I said in that. Hypo does not work for Inquis versions of the build unless you do a lot more damage.

Sorry can you summarize this s.v.p., I am about to use your build but now your saying the whole support gem Hypothermia is wrong, or?
For Ascendancy, why do we choose Instruments of Virtue and Augury of Penitence instead of the two consecrated ground nodes?

Never played Inquisitor before, so I'm curious about the pros and cons of either duo option.

(SSF Softcore)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info