[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

"
seazeff wrote:
what annointment(s) do you find most useful?

Arcane Potency - Realy good node give us
30 crit multi
30 crit chance

Cost about 50c

Or any mode with crit multi is great
I just started playing POE following this guide, and am starting to hit a wall at low tier red maps. Mob clearing is fine, but some bosses are taking quite a while to grind down, anyone got some advice on how to up the single target dps?
https://pastebin.com/amX7kNed
"
theblindsaint wrote:
I just started playing POE following this guide, and am starting to hit a wall at low tier red maps. Mob clearing is fine, but some bosses are taking quite a while to grind down, anyone got some advice on how to up the single target dps?

1) Remove elemental focus and insert conc effect (you block yourself a chance to Shock enemy with elemental focus)
2) Switch Zealotry to wrath
3) reduce Crit chance, oyu dont need 93% without flask, that's too much, get some crit multiplier or cast speed
4) you can get bubonic trail instead rare boots, or doryani's delusion for some dps if you dont need survi
5) imo you dont need Pcoc with such high crit chance, its better to link arcane surge to orb of storms especially for boss fights (you can lvl it a bit)
Does this build only use 5 brands, or am I missing something?
"
szulciq wrote:
"
theblindsaint wrote:

1) Remove elemental focus and insert conc effect (you block yourself a chance to Shock enemy with elemental focus)
2) Switch Zealotry to wrath
3) reduce Crit chance, oyu dont need 93% without flask, that's too much, get some crit multiplier or cast speed
4) you can get bubonic trail instead rare boots, or doryani's delusion for some dps if you dont need survi
5) imo you dont need Pcoc with such high crit chance, its better to link arcane surge to orb of storms especially for boss fights (you can lvl it a bit)

Thanks for the advice, updated it a bit so far: https://pastebin.com/jxhsFYnF . I'm not sure why the POB is showing my crit chance as near 90?, It's only showing around 50% in game
I don't really have much time to invest into this league this time around so I'm only playing one character, but I'm thinking I made the wrong choice to play this build. I keep getting into situations where I almost die, and many times I do die... very often. I'm currently at T6 maps and debuff map mods kill me very easily. I can barely manage to squeeze by some Zana missions, but I'm not doing a good job. Might be my inability to constantly keep flasks up while I map cause I'm a noob, but overall this build seems so squishy its ridiculous. If anyone can explain what exactly I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it that'd be great.

https://pastebin.com/WEGscUit

Also, I was lucky enough to get a 4ex drop last night, so I am wondering what gear I should invest into should I determine that it's worth it to continue playing this build.
Killed Sirus at Awakening Level 8 (First attempt at 8, failed three times at lower awakening levels).

Gear Day 17

Took Shakari minor pantheon for reduced chaos damage taken. Bought a 3.5ex chaos res belt with life/es. Got a cannot be afflicted by corrupting blood jewel since I heard the ailment beam can be a problem (10 stacks instantly and no flask recharge).
Spent some time before the fight optimizing the tree since it seems like thi3n barely touched his tree since swapping to the EB version due to his break from poe.

Got my damage to 1.5M shaper dps with flasks/vaal RF up and accounting for things PoB doesn't track too well like increased damage taken watcher's eye mod, and 7200 effective hp against one shots.

Note if you're importing my PoB: I have 5.5k life and 2.1k ES but only 30*5.5k life or 1.6k ES will help against big hits due to MoM's wording - would need 7200 life to fully use my ES pool. Also playing around with placement of unnatural instinct. Not sure I like its current placement and would much rather put it back at the top of the tree like I had it before but I can't quite find the four points I need to take that ES/life wheel again - I'll fix this with four more points at level 97.

The fight itself wasn't too clean since it was my first successful attemptm with only 1 extra portal to spare. Could've easily avoided 3 deaths with better storm management, and another death if I looked up the corridor phase beforehand. This video was suggested to me and it helped quite a bit with storm management: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wTrn4bywqs&feature=youtu.be

Sirus does not hit very hard and dps definitely was not a problem (I think shaper phases take more time now with his hp buff). It's mostly a mechanical fight with fairly unpleasant but manageable/predictable elements to it.

Crap loot. Bricked gloves in just 3 vaals.
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Finally converted to the EB-MoM set up: https://pastebin.com/wXatXmez. What would be the best investment for me right now, a bottled faith, loreweave, or something else? I currently have about 10 ex to throw at this
"
Aerobus wrote:
Killed Sirus at Awakening Level 8 (First attempt at 8, failed three times at lower awakening levels).

Gear Day 17

Took Shakari minor pantheon for reduced chaos damage taken. Bought a 3.5ex chaos res belt with life/es. Got a cannot be afflicted by corrupting blood jewel since I heard the ailment beam can be a problem (10 stacks instantly and no flask recharge).
Spent some time before the fight optimizing the tree since it seems like thi3n barely touched his tree since swapping to the EB version due to his break from poe.

Got my damage to 1.5M shaper dps with flasks/vaal RF up and accounting for things PoB doesn't track too well like increased damage taken watcher's eye mod, and 7200 effective hp against one shots.

Note if you're importing my PoB: I have 5.5k life and 2.1k ES but only 30*5.5k life or 1.6k ES will help against big hits due to MoM's wording - would need 7200 life to fully use my ES pool. Also playing around with placement of unnatural instinct. Not sure I like its current placement and would much rather put it back at the top of the tree like I had it before but I can't quite find the four points I need to take that ES/life wheel again - I'll fix this with four more points at level 97.

The fight itself wasn't too clean since it was my first successful attemptm with only 1 extra portal to spare. Could've easily avoided 3 deaths with better storm management, and another death if I looked up the corridor phase beforehand. This video was suggested to me and it helped quite a bit with storm management: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wTrn4bywqs&feature=youtu.be

Sirus does not hit very hard and dps definitely was not a problem (I think shaper phases take more time now with his hp buff). It's mostly a mechanical fight with fairly unpleasant but manageable/predictable elements to it.

Crap loot. Bricked gloves in just 3 vaals.
Unavailable

Congratz! For pantheon what did you role for your Major God? I doubt Brine King helps much on that fight. I'd like to think Arakaali.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I kept Brine King on because stun mitigation is still quite important for the fight. There are many mechanics that can chunk you, including repeated laser bursts in the same spot - if you get stunned there you're definitely dead.

Arakaali doesn't really offer all that much imo. Most of the build's sustain when flasks are down comes from desecrate+feast of flesh and there's no way to make that 50% recovery reliable with the changes to immortal call. The DoT mitigation could help a tiny bit against the invisible chaos degens but they'll kill you near instantly anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info