Elemental Proliferation

Elemental Proliferation is not an Aura; it does not benefit from Aura-specific bonuses.
It itself is not an aura but it does create them. From a post in this thread:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Elemental Proliferation is changing the elemental status ailments you put on monsters from being single-target debuffs to auras.
same name in-game
True, but I have the feeling Mark's referring to the function (buffing/debuffing around an entity) more than them being literal Auras such as Wrath. I could be wrong, naturally.
I suppose that could be it; I'm just trying to make sure.
same name in-game
EP mechanically uses aura tech under the hood to create it's effect, but these are not actually considered auras and are not affected by aura-specific modifiers. Note that the support does not use the word aura at any point to describe it's effect.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up Mark.
same name in-game
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
EP mechanically uses aura tech under the hood to create it's effect, but these are not actually considered auras and are not affected by aura-specific modifiers. Note that the support does not use the word aura at any point to describe it's effect.

Not really just "under the hood", you can actually see the aura at times when it procs. Farming Felshrine during vaal quest with Elem prolif looks like an airport runway with all the red lights everywhere. Well I assume that's elem prolif since I never noticed it before I equipped it, but it could be map specific explosive arrows issue, should try without see how it works.

The result though is that sometimes mobs die with elem prolif aura on, and other mobs walk into the area and spontaneously burst into flames. I like it ^^.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Feb 14, 2013, 1:20:18 AM
"
PyrosEien wrote:
The result though is that sometimes mobs die with elem prolif aura on, and other mobs walk into the area and spontaneously burst into flames. I like it ^^.

Aren't proliferated effects supposed to be removed if the 'original' mob was killed?
"
"
PyrosEien wrote:

Aren't proliferated effects supposed to be removed if the 'original' mob was killed?

After a mob dies it can still burn for a while or be shocked. As long as that is active it will effect the other mobs in the radius of EP. (As far as I know)
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Corpses can still Proliferate status effects, yes.
Shattered enemies don't leave corpses, so Cold-critting stuff to death kills off the Proliferate.

@Pyros: those red rings are indeed EP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info