[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

nice!
"
Orion72 wrote:
Planning to run Hoag in 3.12, but haven't decided whether to start with it. Not able to post a definitive 3.12 version without some experimenting, but I expect it to remain viable with some variation.

The change to Gluttony is interesting. On the one hand, we lose the Frenzy charges and the extra accuracy and a tiny bit of life on hit--offensive nerf. On the other hand, if we can find another way to curse on hit, that may potentially replace the lost offense and then some without needing to get an extra curse.

-O

The life and mana on hit actually have better values than old lvl 30 poachers if you invest on fertile catalysts witch also raise the implicit life and life roll up to +148 flat life, additionally now it has full values against unique enemies or any other monster with reduced curse effect on them.

Also because of this patch note Gluttony still works against hexproof enemies:
"
-Hexproof monsters can now be cursed, but will ignore the effect of any Hexes applied to them (previously curses could not be applied).

Considering you were using thief's torment you can now free up 2 ring slots and a curse slot so you should be on a better spot if using gluttony this patch compared to before for your build. mark of submission will have you covered for the first few days of the league and later you can upgrade to a decent curse on hit ring.

When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
"
JohnOldman wrote:
"
Orion72 wrote:
Planning to run Hoag in 3.12, but haven't decided whether to start with it. Not able to post a definitive 3.12 version without some experimenting, but I expect it to remain viable with some variation.

The change to Gluttony is interesting. On the one hand, we lose the Frenzy charges and the extra accuracy and a tiny bit of life on hit--offensive nerf. On the other hand, if we can find another way to curse on hit, that may potentially replace the lost offense and then some without needing to get an extra curse.

-O

The life and mana on hit actually have better values than old lvl 30 poachers if you invest on fertile catalysts witch also raise the implicit life and life roll up to +148 flat life, additionally now it has full values against unique enemies or any other monster with reduced curse effect on them.

Also because of this patch note Gluttony still works against hexproof enemies:
"
-Hexproof monsters can now be cursed, but will ignore the effect of any Hexes applied to them (previously curses could not be applied).

Considering you were using thief's torment you can now free up 2 ring slots and a curse slot so you should be on a better spot if using gluttony this patch compared to before for your build. mark of submission will have you covered for the first few days of the league and later you can upgrade to a decent curse on hit ring.

I think you have it right. Mark of submission is an old-league item only and may not be available right away. For that and other reasons (I'm excited about a new take on a different old idea) I am not going to do this build right at league start, but I have definite plans to run it sometime this league. If anyone else is running it at start, would be happy to see feedback on your progress / any new ideas here in the forum.

Good league start to all of you!

-O
Went ahead and posted a 3.12 update explaining options for responding to the Gluttony changes. Seemed worth doing now rather than waiting.

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:

I think you have it right. Mark of submission is an old-league item only and may not be available right away. For that and other reasons (I'm excited about a new take on a different old idea) I am not going to do this build right at league start, but I have definite plans to run it sometime this league. If anyone else is running it at start, would be happy to see feedback on your progress / any new ideas here in the forum.

-O

Lots of them drop every league and its always quite cheap, worst case if you are ssf you just delve long paths on the first few levels breaking walls and it will drop in 1-2 hours of farming at worst.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
"
JohnOldman wrote:
"
Orion72 wrote:

-O

Lots of them drop every league and its always quite cheap, worst case if you are ssf you just delve long paths on the first few levels breaking walls and it will drop in 1-2 hours of farming at worst.

Appreciated and good to know--tbh, how to obtain old-league items has never been my strong suit in the game. Still planning a different league start myself, but that is very encouraging for anyone planning to league start this build and try that variant.

-O
Yo, this build is on low budget as a league starter? (i can't find this info on guide)

And it's good for low delve, like 600~ depth?

Thanks!
Yes starts on a pretty small budget and is an excellent delver.

-O
This seems real fun and I'd love to give it a try. But do you have a different link or at least a screenshot of the passive tree? I don't know what that pastebin stuff is.

Edit: Never mind. Downloaded that extra program to view it.
Last edited by ogerscherge on Sep 20, 2020, 7:40:03 PM
So i league started with this and so far im doing pretty good, its pretty decent for heist stuff since you can ignore monsters.

Now im saving up for the unique jewel for heralds :)
Thanks orion for the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info