[3.5][HCSSF] Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky, mobile, beginner friendly, and fun

Hi, great job here.
I leveled with Onslaught Support on 5th support on Tabula, it's so great.
+20% movement speed +20% fast casting perfectly match with Brand Recall.
My 2 cents.
What about herald of thuder, is it good idea, or it would get too much mana reserved and crippling MoM by it?
Herald of Thunder is perfectly viable for early leveling, but I wouldn't use it after you start using Blasphemy-Enfeeble.
Thanks for the build Lilly been having a blast with it (normal SSF).

a few bosses / elite have given me a little trouble but I think its mostly gear (getting my health / shield / resists where they need to be when upgrading a piece of gear).

How has this build been working for boss killing / shaper? (just started playing really late last league, this is my first time mapping and more :-P ).
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
Herald of Thunder is perfectly viable for early leveling, but I wouldn't use it after you start using Blasphemy-Enfeeble.

What do you think about instead of using Blasphemy + Enfeeble, using Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble? I've been doing this and it seems pretty decent.

Pros include being able to curse things from farther away (blasphemy is short, herald is far), get more damage, and break all the pots!

Cons include not technically reliable, HoT could always hit 20 trash mobs before it tags the boss with Enfeeble, and it's more skill gems.

Let me know your thoughts.
Having a ton of fun with this build so far. Thank you for posting it. Did some minor changes because I'm playing in the softcore league. Also, found out that Herald of Purity works with this build too if you love some added minion help.
"
Dragonscelt wrote:

How has this build been working for boss killing / shaper? (just started playing really late last league, this is my first time mapping and more :-P ).

I have no idea! T3 maps is the furthest I've gotten with this build due to playing exclusively HCSSF. Both deaths were to the Syndicate, still getting used to dealing with them.

"
naarou wrote:

What do you think about instead of using Blasphemy + Enfeeble, using Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble? I've been doing this and it seems pretty decent.

There are a few major problems with using HoT+CoH+Enfeeble. As you say, it's much less reliable. On top of that, only the active portion of Herald of Thunder actually hits enemies. As such, only enemies that are shocked when they die triggers the active portion of the spell, which means that this won't work at all on bosses. We're not shocking with Storm Brand either, so it'd be purely from the trap, making it even less effective.

"
Ardenwolfe wrote:
Having a ton of fun with this build so far. Thank you for posting it. Did some minor changes because I'm playing in the softcore league. Also, found out that Herald of Purity works with this build too if you love some added minion help.

You're welcome! I wouldn't really use Herald of Purity in this build, due to the fact that we don't benefit from the added physical portion of it. Sure, the minions act as meat shields, but we're fairly tanky without that.
I feel Blasphemy+Enfeeble reserves too much from MoM. CwdT+Enfeeble does almost same since point is not to tank anyways.

Did this build on SSFHC and played maps from t1 to t3. The build was perfect (arc traps level) on high end storyline levels but lacks damage A9-> It seems that even on T1 I struggle little bit with 4link and t3 syndicates are unkillable with my dps.
Also survivality with less than 5k hp isn't enought. Found Belly of the Beast but unfortunately it's too hard to roll to right colors.
Last edited by Possu81 on Dec 17, 2018, 8:56:33 AM
CwdT+Enfeeble is less reliable, but it's a viable choice.

I personally breezed through T3 maps without issue with damage, until I fucked up a little with a Syndicate+Bestiary encounter, it's the level 85 RIP I had.

For me, the damage of the build doesn't feel at all bad.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
CwdT+Enfeeble is less reliable, but it's a viable choice.

I personally breezed through T3 maps without issue with damage, until I fucked up a little with a Syndicate+Bestiary encounter, it's the level 85 RIP I had.

For me, the damage of the build doesn't feel at all bad.

I'm getting into T4-5 maps right now, and everything is still a breeze. It's such a smooth build. I keep thinking about making an alt already (altoholic...) but I am enjoying this guy, because I don't need to think a ton, and everything just sort of dies...

It's great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info