[3.4 HC] Totems of Agony: Ele hit totems+Herald of Agony+Jugg=broken [NEW videos uber elder]

Your uber elder video is an impressive showcase of the massive recovery of health from life on hit, as well as the viability of the Agony Crawler itself to do damage.

I had been thinking about other classes that can utilize the crawler to good effect before I saw this post. As I saw the occultist version first. Profane bloom makes killing packs a piece of cake once the crawler kills one mob. And curses make mobs a joke anyway.
- But for bosses where curses kinda suck your build might have an advantage. especially for the inevitable hit chucking your life. The life regain from LGOH is insane.

There is an occultist build, (CI), that accomplishes the same thing. Attack very fast to stack virulence. The sustain/survivablity comes from energyshield recharge and if you have watcher's eye ES on hit.

I also saw a max block gladiator one with crawler too

Nice to see that it works on a Juggernaut. most of the crawler damage is from the 6 sockets whether in chest or bow anyhow, not from skill tree nodes. Which then allows you to build your character around defense or sustain. In this case Massive life gain on hit so when you do take damage. You restore is so fast. And since your own damage is worthless, thus leech is worthless, LGOH takes care of everything. Fast attack speed is king on the Quill.

Try out the Coming Calamity chest for even more damage on the Crawler but you would lose a lot of health by dropping Kaoms heart.
Appreciation for the feedback. I Should probably note that the version in the video, in addition to a 20/20 LGOH (54/hit) is using a top lgoh rolled thief's torment (60/hit), a gluttony belt (34/hit from lvl 30 poacher's mark) and hyrri's bite (7/hit). Leaving any of these out may work fine in many circumstances, but will result in not quite as impressive life gain.

Also appreciate the note on coming calamity. Since I usually play hc, probably not for me, but likely a solid alternative for sc use.

-O
You should update this and perhaps make it full Herald build with no totems.
Re full herald build:

It can be run that way, though my experience of that variation is that it is less fun to map with. But for those who might want to try it without totems, make these changes:

1. Replace the frostferno with a rare helm with solid life/resists.

2. Use a CWDT>immortal call>desecrate>spirit offering (levels 1-3-7-8) for one of your available 4 links, and Blink arrow, convocation, phase run, inc duration for the other. (Your last 4 link will have the barrage set up)

3. Remove anything directly totem related from your tree, including elemental equilibrium, if you are looking at that variant. Invest instead in increased life, attack speed, and in the minion wheels above and to the upper left of the templar start to provide minion attack speed that also grants you attack speed and at least 90% increased minion accuracy.

Good luck,

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
Re full herald build:

It can be run that way, though my experience of that variation is that it is less fun to map with. But for those who might want to try it without totems, make these changes:

1. Replace the frostferno with a rare helm with solid life/resists.

2. Use a CWDT>immortal call>desecrate>spirit offering (levels 1-3-7-8) for one of your available 4 links, and Blink arrow, convocation, phase run, inc duration for the other. (Your last 4 link will have the barrage set up)

3. Remove anything directly totem related from your tree, including elemental equilibrium, if you are looking at that variant. Invest instead in increased life, attack speed, and in the minion wheels above and to the upper left of the templar start to provide minion attack speed that also grants you attack speed and at least 90% increased minion accuracy.

Good luck,

-O

I have strange feeling that Quill Rain will be subpar to Silverbranch or Stormcloud and Gloves with more attack speed from essence.
Seems unlikely on the math. For the defense and herald based offense, the only consideration is hits/second. Nothing can touch the base 3.0 you get from quill rain.
-O
Testing a new variant (currently as hiero, but maybe also valid as jugg) replacing the totems with storm brand>faster casting>poison>etc that is very promising so far, half way through the Acts and ascended through cruel. Finding the beautiful synergy using the tempest bow for the 100% increased lightning damage for the brand while still maintaining solid attack speed for the barrage Gameplay is smoother than totems for clear with more significant damage and the extra poison source keeps the crawler pushed higher in stacks when you move. After cruel ascendancy, the brands are also providing some life leech, albeit not a whole lot yet.

If you want to experiment with me on this variant, make sure you have something providing either added physical or added chaos to spells, or it wont work. I'm currently running herald of purity also for that purpose, but the right hypnotic jewel will also do the trick. If it doesn't die, I'll post results of the experiment here first. Otherwise I'll reroll it as a jugg and try again.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 11, 2018, 2:39:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info