[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

"
GaZZa wrote:
Really fun looking build, I'll be trying it out this league :)

Thanks for the 3.5 update as well, out of curiosity what build will you be running this league?

Really not sure yet. This build here was the first time I started with my own build. I somehow have the feeling I want to do a new build but they did so many changes to items, skills, etc. that I come up with a new idea every few minutes but in the end, none are really convincing.
I think this build will do better than last league because of Mjölner change and double corruptions. It's really an easy playstyle and very safe and fast for clearing even T16 maps. Only times I struggled was UElder and Vaal Temple bosses (didn't try UAtziri and HotG).
It might be smart to run this but I just don't know yet.
Hi mate, would the levelling setup be similar on a league start? just not sure with the passive tree and such. Before obtaining uniques which arent available early, would generic rares with life/es and resistances be fine? or are we looking for more specific affixes in certain slots to ease into mapping

Also, what 4-link is good for zombies?

Thanks
Last edited by TeeBung on Dec 6, 2018, 7:50:42 AM
"
TeeBung wrote:
Hi mate, would the levelling setup be similar on a league start? just not sure with the passive tree and such. Before obtaining uniques which arent available early, would generic rares with life/res be fine? or are we looking for more specific affixes in certain slots to ease into mapping

Thanks

Just used zombies in a 4 link as we take so many minion nodes anyhow and they are a great meatshield. When I leveled this I used smite.

The idea for leveling is:
- get radiant crusade and unwavering crusade for a lot of regen and damage for you and your pets. Further you get 100% minion accuracy
- use purity of elements and vitality for more sustain for you and your pets
- use smite to do some damage and buff yourself as well as your pets
- for gear you mostly look for HP and dmg as purity of elements already fills out a lot of your resists

Edit: Almost forgot the most important is to have a good music playlist while rushing through the acts!
Last edited by Augustiner_1328 on Dec 6, 2018, 8:01:44 AM
"
"
TeeBung wrote:
Hi mate, would the levelling setup be similar on a league start? just not sure with the passive tree and such. Before obtaining uniques which arent available early, would generic rares with life/res be fine? or are we looking for more specific affixes in certain slots to ease into mapping

Thanks

Just used zombies in a 4 link as we take so many minion nodes anyhow and they are a great meatshield. When I leveled this I used smite.

- get radiant crusade and unwavering crusade for a lot of regen and damage for you and your pets. Further you get 100% minion accuracy
- for gear you mostly look for HP and dmg as purity of elements already fills out a lot of your resists

Edit: Almost forgot the most important is to have a good music playlist while rushing through the acts!

But the most important thing about the build is the Mjölner. I don't think I can get one very soon, you still recommend it as a starter build?
"
vivora88 wrote:
"
"
TeeBung wrote:

Thanks

But the most important thing about the build is the Mjölner. I don't think I can get one very soon, you still recommend it as a starter build?

Just to clarify: This is not a classical starter build! I just said I used it as a starter in Delve.
Usually LL builds are no starter builds and if you have a unique in all but one slot it speaks for itself.
It is doable though but you need to earn enough money to buy a shavs and shapers touch. If you don’t have Mjölner yet just buy a dreadbeak and use smite. This is actually super fun as you run with haste, frenzy and perms onslaught. I did this until I reached red maps, figured it is to little damage and switched to Mjölner and arc.
poet pen and frenzy as an option for starter build too
Last edited by Sonidox on Dec 6, 2018, 2:45:24 PM
"
"
TeeBung wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the response, but I was more getting at what support gems do you think are good for zombies? like: melee phys - faster attacks - minion damage? or more tanky support gems like minion life.
Also with the hard to obtain uniques early in the league, with shavs and shapers touch being key items, what kind of affixes are we looking for in rare gear before we get those uniques?
"
TeeBung wrote:
"
"
TeeBung wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the response, but I was more getting at what support gems do you think are good for zombies? like: melee phys - faster attacks - minion damage? or more tanky support gems like minion life.
Also with the hard to obtain uniques early in the league, with shavs and shapers touch being key items, what kind of affixes are we looking for in rare gear before we get those uniques?

You will find out when leveling. If you use it as starter you have to be flexible and get most out of whatever you find.

As for zombies, you'll just get the feel for it - if they die a lot add minion life/resists. At a certain point they are just not worth it anymore but in the beginning, they help.
Before Shavs you want max life on your gear and always have resists maxed. Other than that go for anything that helps your dps (atk speed, added dmg, %lightning dmg, minion dmg, etc).

Try to aim fro something like this when you are done with act10: https://pastebin.com/aePGQxmy
Is it possible that none of the pastebin links are updatet to the new notes? will there be any change? and if yes would you mind to update the pastebins.

thx a lot

"
Dureal wrote:
Is it possible that none of the pastebin links are updatet to the new notes? will there be any change? and if yes would you mind to update the pastebins.

thx a lot

No changes that's why I didn't update them. We take the same nodes as in 3.4 and gain 20% energy shield recovery.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info