Some More Delve Improvements

"
(...)

What will happen next? There will be next league, but hey, why participate in it at all, if we can delve at will, moreover, with all shiny gear stored in “standard”, all these legacy stuff, all powerful, well designed characters? And what happens to “supporter packs” and “MTX sell” in such case? That’s why there is sulphshit and that’s why we can get only 1000 of this stupidity per T16. If the limit would be higher, then people with 100+ T16 maps in standard could completely give up the new beta testing session… eee… “new league” I wish to say.

(...)

i dont get this sentence, delve will not move to standard, from what i know, they are just trying to increase player retention making the new content really hard to obtain, im 264 hours in an im only see one boss, so i assume they try to make you reach 1k hours, the problem is there is not enouhg content in delve for this artificial way of expanding the hours of gameplay through sulphite limitations and meaningless nodes.
Sorry for my english dudes! D:
I stopped playing days ago, although this was my favourite league so far (slightly ahead of Legacy and Incursion). But I could not force myself to running more and more maps when I just wanted to Delve.

If the "click to get sulphite" crap was removed from the game, or even if Quarry was left as the "side entrance", I would have been playing until the last minute of the league. This way I'm back to Diablo 3, although I never thought I would go back... Sense of progression there is amazing, and though Diablo used to feel so narrow compared to PoE, you're quickly closing the gap with your forcing maps on us and forbidding any other way to play.
I know I'm in the minority here, but my biggest issue with Delve is that the Darkness mechanic is awful. Endless dungeon is a great idea (just ask Torchlight) but the implementation here is your typical GGG "How can we add even more tedium to the player interaction" approach.

I have absolutely zero interest in micro-managing the Darkness and therefore I've pretty much given up on Delving. Couldn't care less about it to be honest which is a shame because if you got rid of that mechanic, I'd be happy as.

I don't know who it is on your team that keeps coming up with these ideas, nets, flares, etc. but they just need to stop.

At this stage, when your flashback league kicks in I'll probably give it a miss too which is the first time in ages. I typically love those.
Half baked improvements still?
You re really think this will encourage to go delving?

Without tweaking delve costs?
Or buffin sulphite gains?
Or buffing higher maps drop?

I`m not touching boss encounters. Not saw any of them still and already gave up on this, so prolly +50% of nothing is still = nothing. NWMing about that here already. Heck with them. Not much loss.

Zana nerfed now and this was 3rd killing blow to the League population. Not like her shaped mods were really that cool, 6c is already quite expensive for one mod. But even them are gone now for many. And need alot more grind to unlock.

There are more other fun games to play. And many players left cuz league fun killed now. All you suggesting is still not enough here to come back and have fun.

Really, Bex, GGG.
Think.
And listen.
Last edited by DarkJen on Oct 1, 2018, 4:39:12 AM
Too late to be honest. It's the same thing as every league. Fixing some shit after a month and then some more after the second month and voila, you finally have a functional but already dead league.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Since we got massive Sulphite uncap, can the Sulphite share between all character? I don't have a lot of time to play, spent all the time to map farming and then at the end of the day I can't use my DPS char to delving deeper because of all of Sulphite are in the map farmer and she can't do deep delve you know. Why this is so awkward for me :|
Last edited by ntien93 on Oct 1, 2018, 4:41:51 AM
I'm fine with pretty much everything in delve except how ridiculous the mods get. Considering it can mean the difference between progression and frustration, just add a way to reroll monsters mods in delves. I'm not saying it should be super easily accessible to every single player, but deep delving is literally only accessible to a very pigeon-holed style of play or build. I've spent a lot of time and currency this league because I was so excited to get to deep delving, only to be met with constant frustrating mods that my completely kitted out character should feel somewhat comfortable doing.

Edit: for reference, i can insta-phase uber elder, finish any t16 map in like 2 minutes and roll almost any map mod (which a lot of time and investment in a character is supposed to allow.) Whereas in delve, regardless of the game essentially telling me "you're building this right, everything is melting", delving past depth 500+ makes it hard to feel like the large amount of time and effort I put in was actually worth anything. This game is supposed to be about experimenting and synergizing effective means of offense and defense but reeeeeaaally it's just a "follow this broken flavour of the month/league". Am I the only one who feels this way?
Last edited by JordanIbanez on Oct 1, 2018, 4:46:00 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Voltaxic Sulphite Capacity

Players have indicated that they want to be able to store more Voltaxic Sulphite and have more control over when they Delve. We have added three new Sulphite Capacity upgrades, now capping out at 60,000 capacity. These are end-game upgrades, so require quite a lot of Azurite to purchase.

This is why I quit the league early. Why is there a cap to begin with?
I wont get any deeper, if I saved up a billion sulphite and were to spend it in one go than another player investing the same amount but is delving more frequently.

Let me, the player, control the gameflow and dont dictate it.
Especially if I cant trade down there. Allow me to delve for hours, if I can afford it, so I can turn off my trade tabs or flag myself DND.
Its frustrating on both ends, if I receive a trade offer and cant even answer, cant even ask the guy to wait because Im busy running behind the crawler and cant pause to type.
So Im annoyed because I lost money and the other guy is frustrated because too many players arent answering.

Cant believe it took you a month to figure this out and you still dont remove the cap.
Thanks for those changes. So 36/40 may be achievable for me.

I hope this bug will also be fixed this week.
When are these changes going to be deployed? This is major information for players to decide whether to go ahead as usual or hold back if an update is coming soon.

I also honestly feel GGG is playing too tight with buffs to certain league mechanics lately. This happened in Incursion and now happened again in Delve. I can not believe you need to wait nearly 5 weeks to recognize that certain encounters are too rare. Also, league-specific encounters should be always frequent rather than scare within the league that introduces them. What is the point of introducing something players will not experience? This happened in Bestiary, GGG need to better reflect on their previous failures and avoid them in the future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info