[3.5] Indigon Life/MoM Mjolner done right (all content viable)

I have a question about the "on Switch" staff setup

i have the same gems in the staff as you do but when the arcane surge grants me the buff, it only last 8 seconds. in the shaper kill video it last around 30sec.

am i missing something?
"
BonanzaI wrote:
I have a question about the "on Switch" staff setup

i have the same gems in the staff as you do but when the arcane surge grants me the buff, it only last 8 seconds. in the shaper kill video it last around 30sec.

am i missing something?

It looks like you're casting immortal call with no endurance charges up. The endurance charges buff the duration of arcane surge. When you got 5+ endurance charges up then switch and casts IC and you should get a 30+ second buff.
ahh ok i see :)

thanks

another thing can this build do Uber elder?
its been done with jugg & pathfinder version of this build. I "think" it can be done with inquisitor, but I'm not aware of anyone who's done it yet. Jugg has an advantage with the slow immune.
ok :)

im still learning the uber elder mechanics but got them both to 25% hp :)
so i added a headhunter + Additional curse Voll's and Enfeeble + Warlords mark level 5, lvl 1 CWDT for defensive. im debating on adding a shapers touch with cast ele weakness on hit corruption instead of enffeble. currently pushing 400 level delve, died a few times in harder areas.
Phase 1: Make D3

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit
Last edited by TheFalls212 on Nov 19, 2018, 2:58:34 PM
"
TheFalls212 wrote:
so i added a headhunter + Additional curse Voll's and Enfeeble + Warlords mark level 5, lvl 1 CWDT for defensive. im debating on adding a shapers touch with cast ele weakness on hit corruption instead of enffeble. currently pushing 400 level delve, died a few times in harder areas.

DPS is not an issue, I'd forsure do enfeeble (or temporal chains) over elemental weakness for your second curse.
This has been one of my favorite builds. Thank you.

What should my next upgrades be?

Spoiler
livejamie
Upgrade boot enchant to the 2% one. <-- most important one

Replace culling strike with increased area. More damage (bigger mana multipler) and increased area of effect. Your cyclone costs 59 mana. You want to be around 75.

Your current ring is good, but I would try to get one with %50+ mana regeneration. This may be a difficult upgrade as you still want to have +cold damage to attacks on ring, or jewel.

You have a lot of attack speed. I believe in rico's guide that you don't need anymore than 4.5 APS. You're at 5.60.

You shouldn't need the life flask...your mana flask works as a life one too thinks to indigon. Replace with wise oak

The Suphur flask is kind of pointless ? We get concentrated ground naturally though passives. Get another quicksilver flask. Movement speed is important for our damage too. I use 2 surgeons flasks of adrenaline.

The corrupt enchant on your gloves is kind of pointless (increase spell crit), but this would probably be one of the last changes I do.

Your gear/character looks pretty good. It's mostly minor things mix/maxing stuff at this point. Hope this helps !

Last edited by Ratedetar on Nov 26, 2018, 6:34:23 PM
Just taking comment on some of the effects, I've only played full life version of Mjölner (using scolds as it was WAY more damage than Devoto) but all observations should still be valid as the base mechanics havent changed from what I've read of the updates.

"Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin."
"When the player hits an enemy with an attack using Mjölner, one lightning spell socketed in Mjölner will be cast instantly"

This means when ever you trigger anything from your Mjölner with the base boss grind skill you are hitting them with attack phys+cold damage resetting any previous EE effects, hence I always used Firestorm (more clutter on screen though) on CWDT setup for way better charge generation than BV especially with extra mobs be they ranged or not at boss fights. Firestorm also benefits from the increased duration.

Also using the new and better Arc you will still get EE bonus damage against those pesky ranged trash mobs.

Similarly using any wide variety of spells it's all about your preference and dislike of clutter or spells specific effects shown on screen.
But at bosses like Phoenix with extras around I found I was killing boss faster with ranged fast hitting spell generating charges especially with Inya's procs happening way more often.

Someone asked about Orb of Storms, it clearly states "using lightning skill" triggering doesn't count so you would need to use lightning strike or similar skill to proc it more.

"Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin. When dual wielding, each weapon hits once per spin. "

This means if you dual wield Mjölner's you can do spectacular freezes on friends with lowend computers using ball lightning+gmp and such. Or just boost your trash clear with Arc+CD+LP/whatever with Discharge on other weapon with CD+Emp/your preferred support.

But like it's been stated earlier in the thread you will be missing those 4% max resists way more than gaining from the extra damage. Even without Indigos damage boosts and without the new great Arc damage Mjölner discharge with thought put in (be it full copy from guide or some of your own flair) was able to kill anything but high HP rares/bosses with one or two discharges.
From 75% resist to 79% resist you will get quite a lot of damage reduction. Say 4k hit at 75% its 1k hit and at 79% its "only" 840

That's alot considering the builds power comes from the ability to recover health (and in this case mana) after being slapped silly. The less you take damage from single hit longer you have time to get extra proc in from Mjölner to recover life.

If you feel like you need faster clearing I'd suggest to just using +cold damage to attacks ring/eye jewel with shield charge.

Another thing to notice is if you can manage it Discharge has 150% damage effectiveness, making flat fire/lightning spell damages from eye jewels quite big boosts to damage. Actually with non Indigo build running Scolds it was insane amount of extra damage.

Bonus being as its flat damage it will also get increases from indigo. They will be expensive, but they will most likely be worth it if you can afford double damage with resist/stats/life/third spell damage. And if there is cold spell damage don't worry it will just add less damage due to being resisted more from EE effect your base hit does.

The build is really fun, if you dont get massive headache like I do from the blingbling that discharge does. But that's just badly done graphics, I had to support and use discharge MTX and then it was fine.

As a last note, remember that the build can be made way more different with all the varied effects from eye jewels compared to old plain jewels.

Oh and nobody mentions that the Precursor's Emblem ring might have stats that make Inya's boots unwanted so you could run rare boots instead.

And no I don't have gear or stats on my old jugger anymore so can't link the build. Basicly its just cheap version of Mom/indigo if scold's bridle is obtainable from Zana's map mods. Following Riko's old full life Juggernaut but using Scold's + spell damage eye jewels. Might even be worth using discharge + 2 supports instead of arc since Arc's effectiveness is lower for flat spell damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info